Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

JoeMatt
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Buchla Easel Command Module 208C

Post by JoeMatt » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:23 pm

BLACK MARKET wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:47 am
It's great to hear so many people are receiving (and more importantly, enjoying) their Easel Commands! You guys/gals have no idea how stressful this has been knowing the scrutiny that this would be under. I'm glad we waited to make it as good as it could be instead of bowing to the pressure to get it out sooner and hopefully the majority of people feel it's been worth the wait. Thank you.

As far as the "manual" goes it's my understanding that Don's philosophies on things like that were coming from the perspective of a classically trained musician. When you invest in a professional instrument, they don't come with instructions on what every little part is and how to use it. A piano does not come with an instruction manual. A guitar does not come with an instruction manual. A Saxophone does not come with an instruction manual. At that level you would be expected to already have a basic understanding of what it is that you are looking at. This is an instrument that you need to explore AND practice to be good at. If you just painted by numbers then you wouldn't really learn your instrument inside-and-out therefore never becoming proficient at it.

After having said all of that... I'm now going to fly in the face of everything about those philosophies and we will be releasing more traditional tutorials (video and written) for a modern era since what's different is that there are new users to Buchla because of this instrument. We need to break it down in a language to help them kickstart their love affair with Don's artwork. The very talented Adam Clark did the 208C addendum and will continue working on the more comprehensive guides that tie into the upcoming Easel accessories. Really it came down to first focusing on getting the product itself out the door with the knowledge that the majority of early adopters weren't as stressed about instant gratification and that between batch#1 and #2 we could release a newer manual as more and more new users gravitate towards Buchla. The older manual is fascinating for some and the newer one will be fascinating for others. Whatever floats your Buchla boat.

THANK YOU!!!!!
much love
-eric

Awesome. Definitely love it. I have way too many FM and subtractive synths both as standalone and eurorack. I always planned on getting west coast style modules, especially a complex osc or two, but when I started adding up the prices I nearly sold a few items and bought the previous Easel a couple years ago, had myself on a dealers waiting list but backed out once one came available.

This Kickstarter was too good to be true and threw caution to the wind and put in my order. Glad I did.

As far as the manual, I'm sure I'll learn to use it without it. I don't disagree with the sentamint that it's an instrument to be learned as if I was picking up a Guitar for the first time. Difference is, you can find books and books from beginer to advanced, videos, friends with experience etc. Not many people have even heard of a Buchla much less know the ins and outs (minus the audience of this type of message board). My other musician friends though balk at the price and don't "get it".

For me, I'm a timbre junkie. The Easel offers controlled chaos, raw sounds or smooth tones, all available on the same patch with the slight tap of a slider. (I'm learning the frequency and timbre sliders can be tapped ever so slightly and offer a lot of sonic possibilities.)

If Cortini can release album after album (most I quite enjoy) with nothing but his Buchla's and a tape machine, it's no one but the users fault if they can't get something great out of this little package.

I also have a Phenol that sadly has been collecting dust since it's a bit of a pain to hook into my traditional v/oct systems. Haven't mated the two yet (had to leave town for a few days right after the Easel came), should offers hours of fun and a distraction from the chaos outside.

JoeMatt
Learning to Wiggle

Post by JoeMatt » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:36 pm

909one wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:36 am
... but on speakers there is so much low end, heft and clarity. Even just the pure sin wave sounds pretty great. ...
Yes, this. My first impressions was "wow the low end has a lot of balls but is clear as hell too."

Reminds me of my Moog/Realistic MG-1 in that aspect, but 1000x more sonic possibilities (to be fair, also 8x the price :hihi: )
Worth it though if you can swing the cost, and love a synth that can be the star of a track sonically and creatively.
Very inspiring platform.

Nice change from the monotony of programming osc->modulation->mixer->filter->effects work flow of most of the synths out there.

909one
Common Wiggler

Post by 909one » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:46 pm

Yeah I was listening back to some tracks I did with the Eurorack and there is a clear difference in sound quality from Buchla to Euro. I don't if Buchla runs on a higher voltage and has more headroom, but the euro stuff sounds a little flat and the Buchla stuff sounds more 3d. Maybe it's because I'm mixing on a normal mixer, just a Behringer, as opposed to mixing in the box, but it really sounds better. Even just the synth droning. It sounds like the difference between playing through a nice hand wired tune amp, vs its reissue counterpart. I'm still stoked.

BLACK MARKET
Common Wiggler

Post by BLACK MARKET » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:34 pm

909one wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:05 am
BLACK MARKET wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:29 am
Wow! All this is exciting.
So If we bought the Command, there should be a way to retrofit into a suitcase with the 218 and make the full Easel?
In theory. You would basically be purchasing an additional powered briefcase (is it a briefcase or a suitcase? I'm too tired to think) and 218 module from us. Maybe I'll figure out a bundled price for existing Easel Command owners who want the option of migrating their 208C between a desktop and briefcase depending on their needs.
Buchla+BlackMarket+Dreadbox(NorthAmerica)+ZVEXEffects(Modular)+Foxtone
FATHER/HUSBAND/PLATE-SPINNER

izmond
Common Wiggler

Post by izmond » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:49 pm

BLACK MARKET wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:34 pm
909one wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:05 am
BLACK MARKET wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:29 am
Wow! All this is exciting.
So If we bought the Command, there should be a way to retrofit into a suitcase with the 218 and make the full Easel?
In theory. You would basically be purchasing an additional powered briefcase (is it a briefcase or a suitcase? I'm too tired to think) and 218 module from us. Maybe I'll figure out a bundled price for existing Easel Command owners who want the option of migrating their 208C between a desktop and briefcase depending on their needs.
Please do that.

BLACK MARKET
Common Wiggler

Post by BLACK MARKET » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:03 pm

When you have extremely talented and brilliant designers and a product can truly be made using the best components without worrying about saving money to hit a specific consumer pricepoint... then you can come out with products that sound better than the rest. We are quite fortunate in being a premium brand where serious musicians are understanding that often "the best" costs more. Because of all of your support we can deliver a superior product. Because we have Joel Davel, Charles Seeholzer, and Darren Gibb at the design wheel for this and we didn't give two shits about what it cost to make you can now see why there are so many positive reactions in regards to the experience both sonically and emotionally.

909one
Common Wiggler

Post by 909one » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:24 pm

BLACK MARKET wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:03 pm
When you have extremely talented and brilliant designers and a product can truly be made using the best components without worrying about saving money to hit a specific consumer pricepoint... then you can come out with products that sound better than the rest. We are quite fortunate in being a premium brand where serious musicians are understanding that often "the best" costs more. Because of all of your support we can deliver a superior product. Because we have Joel Davel, Charles Seeholzer, and Darren Gibb at the design wheel for this and we didn't give two shits about what it cost to make you can now see why there are so many positive reactions in regards to the experience both sonically and emotionally.
Whatever you guys are doing, keep it up! Super stoked to own one of these. Thanks for making something great!

Wiggling with Experience

Post by 01235813 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:01 am

Just received my Command from schneiders this week.

The packaging was spot on. The panel of the Command is in terms of quality one of the best I have ever seen. The whole build is beautiful, everything is perfectly aligned, the wooden cheeks are well made. In fact, the build is phenomenal, it looks and feels like a very fine instrument, extremely well polished. It was definitely worth the wait.

After a few days of playing here are my initial thoughts:
  • Everything is functioning and working as should. The option to cross modulate the oscillators is awesome! Some serious noise coming from the easel, that's a new one. It's totally changing the way I am playing the easel.
  • Another bonus: you can set all the sliders of the EG down to 10 and it will keep cycling.
  • The reverb sounds great and there is little to no volume loss/change when adjusting the reverb.
  • Tuning is spot on up to 6 octaves. (tested with the keystep) You can run both oscillators up and down those 6 octaves and hear little to no drift.
  • FM and AM are spot on. (FM in both directions :goo: )
  • Timbre wavefolding rocks, you can completely "fold" the spike, square and triangle. Doing this with a snappy gate whilst cv controlling the actually waveshape from sine to square/spike/triangle makes for some awesome "plucks". The gates are clean, little to no bleed.
  • The panel displays a spike waveform for the CO and YES... my scope tells me that it is indeed a spike. :hail:
  • Syncing the 208c to a click works like a charm. This makes it quite easy to loop, dub and record multiple tracks whilst keeping time in sync.

I've played 208c using the 218e from my easel and have used a keystep. Using the keystep is actually kinda cool, I set up the touch modwheel to affect the purple banana touch output of the 208c and you can get some really cool effects that way. The keystep's key velocity has an output to the "from card" banana jack, this is also kinda neat in terms of subtle control. All these factors make it really fun to use the keystep as controller. The options breath some life into the controller. One thing to note with the keystep, you can play fast, extremly fast. I find the 218e to be extremly responsive to speed, but the keystep can take this up a notch.
I can actually see someone playing some Bach on a keystep/midi keyboard and an easel.. :sstorm:

It's hard to compare the sound to prior iterations of the easel. It sounds great, that's for sure. I have a 208p and a BUSA 2019 and I find it difficult to say which one is better or worse. I suppose the LPG's are bound to sound different on two identical builds/models, thus is the nature of easels. They each have their strengths. Fact is, with the 208c you have some options that really let it shine and the model I have is running rock solid.

Aside from this, I really have nothing negative to report. Perhaps I'll get around to post a little video showcasing the sound.

Memecos
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Memecos » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:38 am

Are the rear audio outputs (1/4 jack) balanced or unbalanced?

Drillionaire
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Drillionaire » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:34 am

Memecos wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:38 am
Are the rear audio outputs (1/4 jack) balanced or unbalanced?
Unbalanced

KL1982
Learning to Wiggle

Post by KL1982 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:38 pm

Hi Eric - a few thoughts below that will possibly be perceived as negative - but I say them as a concerned yet keen customer:

BLACK MARKET wrote:
It's great to hear so many people are receiving (and more importantly, enjoying) their Easel Commands! You guys/gals have no idea how stressful this has been knowing the scrutiny that this would be under. I'm glad we waited to make it as good as it could be instead of bowing to the pressure to get it out sooner and hopefully the majority of people feel it's been worth the wait. Thank you.
As long as the build quality is higher than BEMI; if so, I'm considering it.

However, your stage setting at NAMM was lackluster at best, which gives me concern RE the effort taken/quality inside the unit. If it is to be considered reflective of attention to detail across the board, I'll likely be avoiding your unit.

Car manufacturers don't spend millions developing a car only to place it on a crate in a back room.

Your demo videos on your YT channel also have the general sense of something put together during someone's lunchbreak.

BLACK MARKET wrote:
As far as the "manual" goes it's my understanding that Don's philosophies on things like that were coming from the perspective of a classically trained musician. When you invest in a professional instrument, they don't come with instructions on what every little part is and how to use it. A piano does not come with an instruction manual. A guitar does not come with an instruction manual. A Saxophone does not come with an instruction manual. At that level you would be expected to already have a basic understanding of what it is that you are looking at.

Perhaps a false correlation, but I understand your position.

BLACK MARKET wrote:
After having said all of that... I'm now going to fly in the face of everything about those philosophies and we will be releasing more traditional tutorials (video and written) for a modern era since what's different is that there are new users to Buchla because of this instrument.

I spoke to Marc (Doty) directly about this via email, probably well over a year ago now. Unsure if he mentioned it to you/if this is why you are considering more traditional manuals and media.

He mentioned a similar concept i.e the want to preserve Don's vision RE his manuals etc. I suggested two manuals i.e retain Don's original vision by keeping his manuals unaltered, yet also have a more user-friendly manual. There can be more than one manual.

I also passed Mark an Excel file RE something we were discussing with the sequencer. Did he let you have a look at it? It was in relation to your polyphonic rhythm generator. If you want more information RE this, contact me directly if you'd like.

On that front: I've personally been turned away from Buchla partly due to your very own Mr. Doty, with his rude/negative comments on your (also slightly lacklustre, it has to be said) demo videos - where he has directly insulted members of the public with childish, egotistical comments (i.e asking one individual who didn't enjoy one of your videos/one of Marc's patches 'do you even own an easel?' This is no way to address a member of the public - irrespective of whether one of your employees chooses to take comments personally or not). He should simply apologize for this and move on.

There is no excusing this lack of professionalism - especially from someone who a) represents a company when they speak on company videos, and b) allegedly has a reputation within this industry/has a reputation to maintain.

I hope someone has had words with him, and that the Buchla brand/image will remain as of Don's standards.

Given the manufacturing issues with BEMI products, I was turned away from Buchla. Given the redevelopment of Buchla as a brand, I had interest. Until your staff started speaking rudely to members of the public.

But I do hope the best for Buchla (hence my initially emailing Marc a while back) - and will be keeping an eye on the new unit.

Best
Kris

909one
Common Wiggler

Post by 909one » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:05 pm

This is best left as a personal letter man. Lots of happy people so far with this new unit. Not sure what your point is here. You are basing the quality of a product not on actually using it or taking the word of countless people giving good reviews but the display at NAMM and the sub pro level of demo videos? And this isn't a car company, I wouldn't expect much of a marketing budget yet.

Ahaas1138
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Ahaas1138 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:52 pm

^^That was an obnoxious post

Wiggling with Experience

Post by 01235813 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:59 pm

KL1982 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:38 pm
Hi Eric - a few thoughts below that will possibly be perceived as negative - but I say them as a concerned yet keen customer:

BLACK MARKET wrote:
As long as the build quality is higher than BEMI; if so, I'm considering it.

However, your stage setting at NAMM was lackluster at best, which gives me concern RE the effort taken/quality inside the unit. If it is to be considered reflective of attention to detail across the board, I'll likely be avoiding your unit.

Car manufacturers don't spend millions developing a car only to place it on a crate in a back room.

Your demo videos on your YT channel also have the general sense of something put together during someone's lunchbreak.

BLACK MARKET wrote:
As far as the "manual" goes it's my understanding that Don's philosophies on things like that were coming from the perspective of a classically trained musician. When you invest in a professional instrument, they don't come with instructions on what every little part is and how to use it. A piano does not come with an instruction manual. A guitar does not come with an instruction manual. A Saxophone does not come with an instruction manual. At that level you would be expected to already have a basic understanding of what it is that you are looking at.

Perhaps a false correlation, but I understand your position.

BLACK MARKET wrote:
After having said all of that... I'm now going to fly in the face of everything about those philosophies and we will be releasing more traditional tutorials (video and written) for a modern era since what's different is that there are new users to Buchla because of this instrument.

I spoke to Marc (Doty) directly about this via email, probably well over a year ago now. Unsure if he mentioned it to you/if this is why you are considering more traditional manuals and media.

He mentioned a similar concept i.e the want to preserve Don's vision RE his manuals etc. I suggested two manuals i.e retain Don's original vision by keeping his manuals unaltered, yet also have a more user-friendly manual. There can be more than one manual.

I also passed Mark an Excel file RE something we were discussing with the sequencer. Did he let you have a look at it? It was in relation to your polyphonic rhythm generator. If you want more information RE this, contact me directly if you'd like.

On that front: I've personally been turned away from Buchla partly due to your very own Mr. Doty, with his rude/negative comments on your (also slightly lacklustre, it has to be said) demo videos - where he has directly insulted members of the public with childish, egotistical comments (i.e asking one individual who didn't enjoy one of your videos/one of Marc's patches 'do you even own an easel?' This is no way to address a member of the public - irrespective of whether one of your employees chooses to take comments personally or not). He should simply apologize for this and move on.

There is no excusing this lack of professionalism - especially from someone who a) represents a company when they speak on company videos, and b) allegedly has a reputation within this industry/has a reputation to maintain.

I hope someone has had words with him, and that the Buchla brand/image will remain as of Don's standards.

Given the manufacturing issues with BEMI products, I was turned away from Buchla. Given the redevelopment of Buchla as a brand, I had interest. Until your staff started speaking rudely to members of the public.

But I do hope the best for Buchla (hence my initially emailing Marc a while back) - and will be keeping an eye on the new unit.

Best
Kris
I'd rather Buchla invest money in R&D than "grand and flashy" booths presentations at namm. Those endeavours are expensive. It's a small company.

About the manual.. there are plenty of videos on youtube explaining the basics, one of them being a 20+ minute from Buchla:

Sure this doesn't cover the 208c but there is an update to it's new functions. It's not rocket science. Honestly, I don't know how I'd go about about explaining it better. Part of the journey is exploring on your own, there is no one way to play an easel, the thing is so versatile. There are so many videos online pertaining to the subject. Sometimes I wonder how people back in the day went about starting buchla/serge; that is, without the online resources we have today. Buchla is doing more of "this type of thing" today than the company ever has..

The personal beef with Mr. Doty... this thread isn't the best place to start that catfight. He is an employee of Buchla. Not more, not less. He doesn't represent the musical ability of the easel as an instrument, nor the company as a whole. If your questioning of his online behaviour is enough to sway you from buying an easel, well... as you mentioned, then the easel may not be for you. From my point of view Marc Doty could have done ************* and I wouldn't care. As long as it isn't morally corrupt and more importantly, endorsed by Buchla, it wouldn't have "triggered" me into not buying the easel.

I suggest you keep the personal stuff (demanding apologies and whatnot) out of this thread. Erics a great guy and I'm sure if you take up a respectful, private conversation with him, he'd be more than willing to make a statement.

BLACK MARKET
Common Wiggler

Post by BLACK MARKET » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:01 pm

I usually don't get sucked into this kind of banter and try to shy away from getting personal....but I can confirm they are indeed unbalanced 1/4" outs.

Vatican2
Common Wiggler

Post by Vatican2 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:21 pm

KL1982 wrote:

It’s my understanding that Don was a crusty old grumpy pants. Lol
"Practice love on animals first; they react better and more sensitively."

mgscheue
Veteran Wiggler

Post by mgscheue » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:31 pm

I kind of liked Eric’s original response.
And speaking of Marc:

doublestewart
Common Wiggler

Post by doublestewart » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:29 am

I just received mine from Detroit Modular yesterday and after just a few hours playing around it really is incredible.

Does anyone know where I can buy some of the slider and toggle caps? I have some spare rogan knobs and was thinking of switching them out, but if I do I'd like to swap out the green caps with blue ones to match.

Tajnost
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Tajnost » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:31 am

Wow wow wow!

New aux card sounds also very exciting!
Any details on that? Will it work with earlier versions?
What about new functions? I was thinking to order one today but since there’s new one around the corner, it’s worth to wait.

winn3r
Common Wiggler

Post by winn3r » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:34 am

doublestewart wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:29 am
I just received mine from Detroit Modular yesterday and after just a few hours playing around it really is incredible.

Does anyone know where I can buy some of the slider and toggle caps? I have some spare rogan knobs and was thinking of switching them out, but if I do I'd like to swap out the green caps with blue ones to match.
SAmodular has some https://www.samodular.com/buchla-cases- ... a-modules/

But what about the green jack? :deadbanana:

doublestewart
Common Wiggler

Post by doublestewart » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:27 pm

winn3r wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:34 am
doublestewart wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:29 am

SAmodular has some https://www.samodular.com/buchla-cases- ... a-modules/

But what about the green jack? :deadbanana:
You’re right! I guess I’ll just have to return the easel :hihi: thanks for the recommendation!

adolan
Learning to Wiggle

Post by adolan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Can someone explain to me the audio in/out tini jack deal? Like if you want to bring outside sound into the easel? If its Tini Jack what type of converter plug do ppl use? or do I need a special cable (like the tini>1/4" one SA Modular sells etc) am I overthinking this? seeing as only Buchla uses this format. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

KL1982
Learning to Wiggle

Post by KL1982 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:24 pm

Vatican2 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:21 pm
KL1982 wrote:

It’s my understanding that Don was a crusty old grumpy pants. Lol
Quite. Didn't he fire Suzanne due to poor soldering work?

Who knows, it could have been the best thing to happen to her (i.e improving her attention to detail).

KL1982
Learning to Wiggle

Post by KL1982 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:41 pm

01235813 wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:59 pm

I'd rather Buchla invest money in R&D than "grand and flashy" booths presentations at namm. Those endeavours are expensive. It's a small company.
Agreed, but it isn't an either/or.

It isn't difficult to have a banner printed - and make sure it is in shot. These are basics RE brand etc.

01235813 wrote:
About the manual.. there are plenty of videos on youtube explaining the basics, one of them being a 20+ minute from Buchla:

Sure this doesn't cover the 208c but there is an update to it's new functions. It's not rocket science. Honestly, I don't know how I'd go about about explaining it better. Part of the journey is exploring on your own, there is no one way to play an easel, the thing is so versatile. There are so many videos online pertaining to the subject. Sometimes I wonder how people back in the day went about starting buchla/serge; that is, without the online resources we have today. Buchla is doing more of "this type of thing" today than the company ever has..
Agreed, but maybe you're missing my point a little:

I'm referring to explanations of functions (which would be nice to have in a manual).

Placing too many videos online could in fact be a negative i.e to a point, exhausting creative ideas RE the unit, thus denying others the process of discovery (this is a difficult balancing act i.e giving enough of a taste without spoiling the process of discovery).

The discovery process should perhaps be with the music more than what a jack input does. Of course, happy accidents can happen RE patching etc - but having more detail RE the units at least gives the end-user freedom of choice.

PS I formerly owned an Easel; I'm not speaking here as an outsider.

01235813 wrote:
The personal beef with Mr. Doty...
Nothing personal as nothing was directed at me (and I have a thick enough skin to not take issue if a comment is personal towards me); I'm commenting on the nature of a company employee insulting members of the public within a public space (i.e online). Not good form/it affects the company RE image.

01235813 wrote:
If your questioning of his online behaviour is enough to sway you from buying an easel, well...
I'm questioning the company in their allowing this kind of behaviour to be representative of the company.

I have no issue with any individual (including Marc or Eric).

A company allowing an employee to post rude comments towards a member of the public isn't good....

Think of how company image would be affected if, say, a potential Ferrari purchaser was met online with 'do you even own a Ferrari?' by a Ferrari employee...

01235813 wrote:
as you mentioned, then the easel may not be for you. From my point of view Marc Doty could have done ************* and I wouldn't care. As long as it isn't morally corrupt and more importantly, endorsed by Buchla, it wouldn't have "triggered" me into not buying the easel.

I suggest you keep the personal stuff (demanding apologies and whatnot) out of this thread. Erics a great guy and I'm sure if you take up a respectful, private conversation with him, he'd be more than willing to make a statement.
Again, I'm in agreement (PS there's no demanding from this man).

And any conversation I've had with Marc has always been very pleasant.

Hence the surprise to see rudeness displayed from him towards a member of the public. It doesn't bode well RE company image.

909one
Common Wiggler

Post by 909one » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:36 pm

adolan wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:03 pm
Can someone explain to me the audio in/out tini jack deal? Like if you want to bring outside sound into the easel? If its Tini Jack what type of converter plug do ppl use? or do I need a special cable (like the tini>1/4" one SA Modular sells etc) am I overthinking this? seeing as only Buchla uses this format. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.
Eurorack 3.55m plug works fine. The Tinijack is like 3.58 or something. Just don't use the 3.58 in the euro or it will ruin your jacks. I have no idea why anyone would use another format that's so close in size it makes no sense. However Buchla has obviously been around since before Euro so maybe Eurorack just adopted a standard that's now ubiquitous and its the other was around. That's my ony gripe about Buchla so far, I like the idea of audio and cv being interchangeable.

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”