trade

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

trade

Post by felixer » Thu May 24, 2018 9:59 am

i just traded my ems freq.shfiter fo a somalabs lyra8. for me it's great deal as i have a line6 M5 which does a good freq.shifter and i'm not interested in antiques. and the guy wants to use it so it will not end behind glass with some collector. that was/is importent to me. also it stays in europa. so bad luck for all you yanks.
don't need midi, don't need keys, just want knobs and cables (all together now ;-)

ritchiedrums
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ritchiedrums » Thu May 24, 2018 11:07 am

lud
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lud » Thu May 24, 2018 11:09 am

:hmm:

the bad producer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by the bad producer » Thu May 24, 2018 11:36 am

:zombie:

snufkin
Ultra Wiggler

Post by snufkin » Thu May 24, 2018 1:50 pm

haha thats a crazy good deal for the person with the ems but it sounds like you did it for the right reasons in the spirit of fellow musicians making music :)

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer » Thu May 24, 2018 3:43 pm

snufkin wrote:haha thats a crazy good deal for the person with the ems but it sounds like you did it for the right reasons in the spirit of fellow musicians making music :)
no. i did it in the spirit of making music myself. i don't need the ems anymore and would love to work with the lyra. and that someone else is happy is a plus. also that it doesn't leave europe. far too many good device went stateside at our loss.
don't need midi, don't need keys, just want knobs and cables (all together now ;-)

DomMorley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by DomMorley » Thu May 24, 2018 4:26 pm

felixer wrote: far too many good device went stateside at our loss.
One world, brother. One world. :hug:
How I fill my days: www.dommorley.com

"Your head will collapse, but there's nothing in it..."

tobb
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: trade

Post by tobb » Thu May 24, 2018 4:56 pm

felixer wrote: so bad luck for all you yanks.
There is only one who all his luck has been vanished in a fraction,its you! :mrgreen:

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer » Thu May 24, 2018 7:32 pm

DomMorley wrote:
tell that to the psychotic asshole in charge!
besides the usa is at war with most countries in the world. wtf one wolrd. world domination that's what you're after. well it won't happen. if you try, this will be the last stronghold of resistance! and i will not die after killing quite a few of yours! no ccoke and mcdonalds for me. thnk you very much. go shoot up some schools! that always makes me laugh. americans killing americans.
Last edited by felixer on Thu May 24, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: trade

Post by felixer » Thu May 24, 2018 7:35 pm

tobb wrote:
felixer wrote: so bad luck for all you yanks.
There is only one who all his luck has been vanished in a fraction,its you! :mrgreen:
nope. if you mean the ems i my luck, not so. i also sold my vcs3 and never looked back 8-)
this is an ems-free zone ... but soon filled with sounds from sweet russia!

DomMorley
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by DomMorley » Fri May 25, 2018 4:17 am

felixer wrote:
DomMorley wrote:
besides the usa is at war with most countries in the world. wtf one wolrd. world domination that's what you're after. well it won't happen. if you try, this will be the last stronghold of resistance! and i will not die after killing quite a few of yours! no ccoke and mcdonalds for me. thnk you very much. go shoot up some schools! that always makes me laugh. americans killing americans.
1. Chill

2. I'm European

3. Chill

4. Political rants on Muffs can get you booted out. This is about lusting over synths. Twitter is where you want to go with that sort of rant.

5. Chill

6. Chill
How I fill my days: www.dommorley.com

"Your head will collapse, but there's nothing in it..."

Joe.
Wired for sound

Post by Joe. » Fri May 25, 2018 4:30 am

Sif this ever happens in the Buchla forum :despair:

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer » Fri May 25, 2018 9:54 am

DomMorley wrote:
felixer wrote:
DomMorley wrote:
1. Chill

2. I'm European

3. Chill

4. Political rants on Muffs can get you booted out. This is about lusting over synths. Twitter is where you want to go with that sort of rant.

5. Chill

6. Chill
sure, i'm cool. but when provoked i bite :mrgreen: you respect my space, i'll respect your's. that is why this whole 'one world' thing isn't going to happen. even not in europe. napoleon tried it, hitler did, and now the eu is trying. but i will not work. and i'm glad that every person/peoples have their own thing going. the world would be a very boring place if everything was the same. in a sense it is: if i listen to the radio it's the same shite everywhere. i remember as a kid listening to eg radio sophia and get all sors of music i didn't know. almost every freq. had it's own sound. that was nice, now that is gone. same thing with food. everything gets pulled to some boring middle. i rember the days when i had to be very carefull not to burn my tongue at some places. now i'm asking for extra peppers.
this post was meant to express my joy at getting a lyra8 at zero cost. but no-one congratulated me. most think i must be crazy. well fine, let me be crazy (and make some nice music in the process). this year alone i clocked up some 4 houres of nice/good recordings. i'm lauging my butt off if i hear people having trouble to make 1 album every 2 years :doh:

tobb
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tobb » Fri May 25, 2018 12:15 pm

felixer wrote: this post was meant to express my joy at getting a lyra8 at zero cost. but no-one congratulated me.
Its because you did loose money instead to have it at no costs lol

If you did sell first the EMS you could have had two lyra8's..

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer » Fri May 25, 2018 4:39 pm

no, i didn't loose any money. only virtuelly, as in the stockmarket. and why would i want two lyra's? if i haven't even tried one. if the picture in your avatar is anything like you, i can understand the confusion in your head. otherwise it's just dumb talk. maybe jalous/frustrated? go and find your treasure elsewhere ...
people just don't seem to get that i don't like this whole collectors thing. 'oh, look at all the great things i have' but 'i'm doing nothing with 'm because i have no ideas/talent, only money'.
yuk, it's this kind of materialistic thinking that really puts me off ...

syncretism
Morbidly self-aware and liking it

Post by syncretism » Fri May 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Okay, well it sounds like you're happy with your deal. I look forward to hearing what you do with the Lyra-8.

jondent
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jondent » Fri May 25, 2018 7:27 pm

OMG... such a rare EMS for a Lyra :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer » Fri May 25, 2018 10:45 pm

jondent wrote:OMG... such a rare EMS for a Lyra :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
who cares about rarity. i can get the effect with other means. but i can't get the effect of the lyra. that said it still hasn't arrived ... belgium mail is apparently not the fastest around. my ems has arrived there ... and intact. which is quite amazing to me. seeing how airmail usually tries to fuck up your things.
to be honest, i'm not surprised about the reactions. envy? you're all just a bunch of stampcollectors ... i otoh want to make music. always looking for new colours ...

Joe.
Wired for sound

Post by Joe. » Fri May 25, 2018 10:49 pm

Settle down with all the hostilities mate (and any more political stuff).

There's no reason why this shouldn't be a happy time to celebrate some new gear; Watch some patchin vids, get inspired, get amped.

addendum
Common Wiggler

Post by addendum » Sat May 26, 2018 10:46 am

He has a point tho - no one simply said "congrats for being quite a generous chap, apparently".

Apparently that (generosity) is wildly out of fashion.

Not arguing with most anyone else's points as well, of course.

doepferiano
Wiggling with Experience

Post by doepferiano » Sun May 27, 2018 9:04 am

was it phase shifter
or a freq shifter ?
(I never seen one! Do you have picture ?)

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer » Sun May 27, 2018 9:59 am

it's a frequency shifter. kind of like a ringmodulator but with two outputs: up and down. pics:
ImageImage
originally it's supposed to be in a wooden 19" rack. but i never had that. so i made alu panels on top&bottom to protect the innards. and changed that silly mains plug for a plug that fits in our wallcontacts.

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer » Sun May 27, 2018 10:18 am

Joe. wrote:Settle down with all the hostilities mate (and any more political stuff).

There's no reason why this shouldn't be a happy time to celebrate some new gear; Watch some patchin vids, get inspired, get amped.

i'm not doing any video's. plenty of vid's of the lyra on the net already.
and i'm pretty sure I'LL have a happy time. thank you very much ...

snufkin
Ultra Wiggler

Post by snufkin » Sun May 27, 2018 10:35 am

felixer wrote:
snufkin wrote:haha thats a crazy good deal for the person with the ems but it sounds like you did it for the right reasons in the spirit of fellow musicians making music :)
no. i did it in the spirit of making music myself. i don't need the ems anymore and would love to work with the lyra. and that someone else is happy is a plus. also that it doesn't leave europe. far too many good device went stateside at our loss.
Um thats literally what I said.

Also there are plenty of collectors who hoard don't make music in Europe (and in most places for that matter).

Not sure what you'r trying to say TBH sounds like you need to split off each of the issues you have brought up in this thread, out into separate threads and then post them in their respective appropriate forums.

:hihi:

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer » Mon May 28, 2018 8:51 am

snufkin wrote:
felixer wrote:
Um thats literally what I said.
no, it wasn't. you were talking about someone else's happiness. i'm talking about mine. but never mind, this this thead is going nowhere. forget it ...

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”