EHX Pitch Fork +

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Blue Meanie
Common Wiggler

EHX Pitch Fork +

Post by Blue Meanie » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:44 am

Finally done!

Kent
Large Member

Re: EHX Pitch Fork +

Post by Kent » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:38 pm

What do you mean by "finally done"?

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:28 am

Kent wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:38 pm
... yea, what Kent said ...

I've got the little EHX Pitch Fork ... it works very well with my synths, be them digital or be them analog. This ~new~ one looks pretty nice.

I use the little one for adding harmonics to organ presets in ROMpler synths. It really fills in the upper end harmonics, especially well with pipe organ sounds and other sounds similar to those. Gives synths such as the low-end-lacking Mini/MicroBrutes enough bottom to satisfy the most BIG ASS BOTTOM enthusiasts' requirements. Does the pitch sweep thing well enough too if a controller pedal is patched in on the side of the unit.

That said, as long as the new one does at least as well, it should be something worthy of a look.

:tu:
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. given the choice between conformity and self respect, I choose the latter.
.. dominion - noun: control or the exercise of control . power . possessed and controlled domain . sovereignty . having dominion over the world . supreme authority . absolute ownership . power . authority . jurisdiction . control . command ... power ....... power .......... power.

gde
anti-zarzutzki

Post by gde » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:20 am

The new FM and ring mod modes look interesting. I wonder exactly how adjustable they are
LOL

Blue Meanie
Common Wiggler

Post by Blue Meanie » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:44 am

Kent wrote:
It's the latest pedal I developed for Mike. It feels good to be finished, but I'm super excited about the next project. The new one will probably be more useful to some of the people on this forum.
gde wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:20 am
The new FM and ring mod modes look interesting. I wonder exactly how adjustable they are
X-MOD controls how much each SHIFT channel multiples the other. The menu for 1->2 or 1<-2 can be adjusted from 0-100 and goes from subtle to RAW.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:27 am

HEY!!! Bravo then! Congrats on that. I know the hard work and time the goes into this kind of stuff. Please do share with us when the secret "next project" is ready for release.

Blue Meanie
Common Wiggler

Post by Blue Meanie » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:40 pm

Kent wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:27 am
HEY!!! Bravo then! Congrats on that. I know the hard work and time the goes into this kind of stuff.
Hey! Thank you!!! :sb: R&D took some time, but hopefully, it was worth it. So far, some complaints of no MIDI, but otherwise a decent response.
Kent wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:27 am
Please do share with us when the secret "next project" is ready for release.
Will do. 8-)

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:59 am

loving mine! great work!

Blue Meanie
Common Wiggler

Post by Blue Meanie » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:03 pm

thetwlo wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:59 am
loving mine! great work!
Awesome, and thanks! :goo:

four_corners
Common Wiggler

Post by four_corners » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:15 pm

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:28 am
Kent wrote:

I've got the little EHX Pitch Fork ... it works very well with my synths, be them digital or be them analog. This ~new~ one looks pretty nice.

I use the little one for adding harmonics to organ presets in ROMpler synths. It really fills in the upper end harmonics, especially well with pipe organ sounds and other sounds similar to those. Gives synths such as the low-end-lacking Mini/MicroBrutes enough bottom to satisfy the most BIG ASS BOTTOM enthusiasts' requirements. Does the pitch sweep thing well enough too if a controller pedal is patched in on the side of the unit.

That said, as long as the new one does at least as well, it should be something worthy of a look.

Do you have any latency issues with the Pitch Fork, specifically with synths? Maybe I'm too picky, but I always hesitate with pitch shifting pedals because I've had a few in the past that I could "feel" the delay between my playing and the output.

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:04 am

four_corners wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:15 pm
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Kent wrote:

Do you have any latency issues with the Pitch Fork, specifically with synths? Maybe I'm too picky, but I always hesitate with pitch shifting pedals because I've had a few in the past that I could "feel" the delay between my playing and the output.
... it keeps up pretty well. I mean I can talk all day about it and that really won't do you any good, however check the Yoo Tyoob vidyas to get a better idea of how well (or poorly) it keeps up. I find it to be no worse (or no better) than my computer audio I/O which is advertised at "less than 2ms". Again, check them vidyuh demos ... what I say is "fine" may be a total disaster for you or others.

;)
5U MODULAR NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=
.. given the choice between conformity and self respect, I choose the latter.
.. dominion - noun: control or the exercise of control . power . possessed and controlled domain . sovereignty . having dominion over the world . supreme authority . absolute ownership . power . authority . jurisdiction . control . command ... power ....... power .......... power.

four_corners
Common Wiggler

Post by four_corners » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:54 pm

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:04 am
four_corners wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:15 pm
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Kent wrote:

... it keeps up pretty well. I mean I can talk all day about it and that really won't do you any good, however check the Yoo Tyoob vidyas to get a better idea of how well (or poorly) it keeps up. I find it to be no worse (or no better) than my computer audio I/O which is advertised at "less than 2ms". Again, check them vidyuh demos ... what I say is "fine" may be a total disaster for you or others.

;)
Good point, but if it is roughly 2ms, I can't imagine that being an issue for me (and to be honest, shouldn't be for anyone else).

Audiohub
Common Wiggler

Post by Audiohub » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:36 am

Blue Meanie,
Really nice job on the +!
I just picked one up, and am slowly working my way though all the various features. It's pretty deep, and it's very cool that everything gets saved as part of the preset. The shift quality is pretty good, and latency is low, even at wider shift ranges than I expected. Having two shift engines opens up some interesting and unusual possibilities. Being able to assign the pedal to control the different features per preset also extends the versatility. I agree that Midi control would be nice, but using a dedicated pedal and switch box provides a plenty usable performance platform.
I would have also liked to have regeneration/feedback for each shifter but I realize that without a predelay, this would be less interesting. I can use it on a mixer send and return it on a couple of unused channels to check this out, I think.

Cheers!
Visit my synth blog...Moogs and more!
www.synthguy.com

Blue Meanie
Common Wiggler

Post by Blue Meanie » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:06 pm

Audiohub wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:36 am
Blue Meanie,
Really nice job on the +!
Audiohub, thanks, much appreciated!
Audiohub wrote:
I just picked one up, and am slowly working my way though all the various features. It's pretty deep, and it's very cool that everything gets saved as part of the preset. The shift quality is pretty good, and latency is low, even at wider shift ranges than I expected. Having two shift engines opens up some interesting and unusual possibilities. Being able to assign the pedal to control the different features per preset also extends the versatility.
Yes, only one feature didn't make it because I ran out of time, but probably for the best.
Audiohub wrote:
I agree that Midi control would be nice, but using a dedicated pedal and switch box provides a plenty usable performance platform.
Yes
Audiohub wrote:
I would have also liked to have regeneration/feedback for each shifter but I realize that without a predelay, this would be less interesting. I can use it on a mixer send and return it on a couple of unused channels to check this out, I think.
That's a neat idea and maybe something we'll look into for future products.

Audiohub
Common Wiggler

Post by Audiohub » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:01 pm

So, Blue Meanie,

1) What feature didn't make the cut (if you can say)?

2) Are the shift engines in this the same as in the earlier Pitch Fork?

3) Are there trims inside the unit? On mine, I've noticed that when using a pedal to control the pitch shift for Shift 1 (Shift output only, with no dry signal mixed in), there is a small (but noticeable) volume increase as I move from "no shift" to just starting to increase the pitch, which goes away when I pull the pedal back to the "no shift" position. I don't notice this effect when listening to just Shift 2s output.
Yeh, picky I know, but it made me wonder if there's a trimmer(s) in there to match these transitions, so I thought I'd ask.
Again, really enjoying this pedal!

Cheers,
Visit my synth blog...Moogs and more!
www.synthguy.com

Blue Meanie
Common Wiggler

Post by Blue Meanie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:39 am

Audiohub wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:01 pm
So, Blue Meanie,

1) What feature didn't make the cut (if you can say)?
Sorry, I can't say what that feature was.
Audiohub wrote:
2) Are the shift engines in this the same as in the earlier Pitch Fork?
Yes, it's similar to the PF that came out in 2014.
Audiohub wrote:
3) Are there trims inside the unit? On mine, I've noticed that when using a pedal to control the pitch shift for Shift 1 (Shift output only, with no dry signal mixed in), there is a small (but noticeable) volume increase as I move from "no shift" to just starting to increase the pitch, which goes away when I pull the pedal back to the "no shift" position. I don't notice this effect when listening to just Shift 2s output.
Yeh, picky I know, but it made me wonder if there's a trimmer(s) in there to match these transitions, so I thought I'd ask.
Again, really enjoying this pedal!

Cheers,
There are no trims inside the PF+.

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”