Any love for Chase Bliss Audio pedals?

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: luketeaford, lisa, Kent, Joe.

chaseblissaudio
Learning to Wiggle

Post by chaseblissaudio » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:03 am

Hainbach wrote:I love the warped vinyl and will get more Chase Bliss, that's for sure. The Warped Vinyl is a good distortion, too, when hit with modular levels.

In this rehearsal the main modular lines are conservativly run through the WV all the time. It adds a certain liveliness and animation, making the sound more real, for me at least:

http://soundcloud.com/hainbach/rehearsal-081215
I love you, this is incredible.

The cool distortion is an advantage to analog devices that nobody every talks about. If a signal is too hot for digital stuff, it usually sounds pretty bad. If designed right, analog stuff will sound really interesting regardless of how hot the signal is that it gets.

technicoloraudio
Common Wiggler

Post by technicoloraudio » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:16 am

i have a spectre on my board right now and i love it. i am a modulation junkie when it comes to pedals (and delay, durr) and all of the Chase Bliss offerings deliver in a huge way.

i came off the MF108m and MF103 for the Warped Vinyl mkII and Wombtone mkII, and all that lushness was still there, with the exception of TZF which is now achieved with Spectre.

the only thing that i wish i wish i wish, was that there was LFO out for them (and Joel has addressed this on other forums, and said that it would not be impossible, but he is also not modding at this time, which is also fine as he is probably the nicest dude on earth). the modushape and ramping functions are so powerful, i would love to harness it for some freaky intermodulation.

Hainbach
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hainbach » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:55 pm

chaseblissaudio wrote:
Hainbach wrote:I love the warped vinyl and will get more Chase Bliss, that's for sure. The Warped Vinyl is a good distortion, too, when hit with modular levels.

In this rehearsal the main modular lines are conservativly run through the WV all the time. It adds a certain liveliness and animation, making the sound more real, for me at least:

http://soundcloud.com/hainbach/rehearsal-081215
I love you, this is incredible.

The cool distortion is an advantage to analog devices that nobody every talks about. If a signal is too hot for digital stuff, it usually sounds pretty bad. If designed right, analog stuff will sound really interesting regardless of how hot the signal is that it gets.
Thank you! The Warped Vinyl has become part of what I think of as my sound, as it turns basslines into brassy wonders. My next album will be full of it.

Hainbach
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hainbach » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:40 am

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/220671794" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

This is a recording of the live show that I rehearsed for - Warped Vinyl again on the modular permanently (rest is OP-1, Cocoquantus and D1000).

drowld
Ultra Wiggler

Post by drowld » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:53 pm

Hainbach wrote:[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/220671794" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

This is a recording of the live show that I rehearsed for - Warped Vinyl again on the modular permanently (rest is OP-1, Cocoquantus and D1000).
Til 8mn the percussive autechresk sound benefit from the warped vinyl ?

Lovely track btw :loves:

Hainbach
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hainbach » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:32 pm

Thank you! Warped Vinyl comes in with the E350 melody at around 6:30. Its used rather minimally, to beautify the sound.

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:31 pm

Finally!

Chase Bliss Audio's take on delay!

JayEm
Wiggling with Experience

Post by JayEm » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:30 am

BandCamp Instagram
"peoples moist elbow cruxes, sodden with phlegm" - Joe.

jkile9
Common Wiggler

Post by jkile9 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:12 am

Does anyone have the Warped Vinyl and Spectre? I have the Spectre but I'm not sure if there's a huge difference in sound between them to warrant owning them both.

peaches27
Common Wiggler

Post by peaches27 » Tue May 10, 2016 12:20 pm

I just got a spectre, and I used to have a warped vinyl. Id say theres very little overlap, and the warped vinyl is one of the prettiest pedals I've ever played.

If you have the cash, I wouldn't hesitate to get both.

PrimateSynthesis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by PrimateSynthesis » Fri May 13, 2016 3:54 pm

It looks like the DIP switches are on the outside of the pedal. Is there a cover to protect them from breaking?
FS: Rare Morley Rotating Wah Oil Can Delay!

Since the forum has gone back to being 100% community funded, I've decided to donate half the proceeds from the Morley Rotating Wah this thread is supposedly selling :miley:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... p?t=131332

smetak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by smetak » Fri May 13, 2016 4:19 pm

PrimateSynthesis wrote:It looks like the DIP switches are on the outside of the pedal. Is there a cover to protect them from breaking?
No, no cover.

But he did improve the design for the switches. The early version of the WV had the switches on the pedal's bottom, very difficult especially if attached to a pedal board.

peaches27
Common Wiggler

Post by peaches27 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:18 am

PrimateSynthesis wrote:It looks like the DIP switches are on the outside of the pedal. Is there a cover to protect them from breaking?
Yeah they've always seemed pretty sturdy to me anyway. Never heard of any reports that they'd broken on anyone before.

Tubeampguy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Tubeampguy » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:00 pm

I own a Gravitas. Great tremolo pedal.
Endless dip switches for all kinds of tremolo fun!
:nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
:tu::blacet: :tu:

jmatic
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jmatic » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:34 am

heard about these guys from a competition they were running with a fair few other companies, solid sounding stuff

Gregor Dys
Common Wiggler

Post by Gregor Dys » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:52 am

sorry for the necrophilia:
I'm really into the new 'mood' pedal - does anyone know if there is an ipad app to achieve similar results on the fly?

Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:37 am

Wow ...

Anyone else remember when the big deal was if a "boutique" pedal had True Bypass or not? Like 10/12 years ago?

The bar has been raised SO HIGH now if a person wants to break in to the pedal market as a builder/designer. I'm not complaining, quite the contrary ... absolutely wonderful stuff making wonderful sounds for people to create all new music.

Such a great time to be into all of this ~music~ stuff, and I don't think there's any end in sight. There is quite honestly anything a person can dream of available these days. Great times we live in. Don't take it for granted!

:trampoline: :stardance: :spin: :headbang:
5U NORMALIZING PROJECT (for your entertainment) viewtopic.php?t=78836&highlight=

SCREW IT ... PULL THE PIN

starthief
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by starthief » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:50 pm

Seriously, pedals the last few years have been amazing

I love Dark World, but Mood really looks like something special. Gonna have to find budget room for it!

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Rex Coil 7 wrote:Wow ...

Anyone else remember when the big deal was if a "boutique" pedal had True Bypass or not? Like 10/12 years ago?

The bar has been raised SO HIGH now if a person wants to break in to the pedal market as a builder/designer. I'm not complaining, quite the contrary ... absolutely wonderful stuff making wonderful sounds for people to create all new music.

Such a great time to be into all of this ~music~ stuff, and I don't think there's any end in sight. There is quite honestly anything a person can dream of available these days. Great times we live in. Don't take it for granted!

:trampoline: :stardance: :spin: :headbang:
Yuh. I remember when Devi ruled and true bypass was the first question anytime anyone announced a pedal.

Now I'm mostly modular, but once the ZOIA came out it allowed me to try ideas I've had but haven't been able to try due to shit bread boarding skills and shit will power. Sometimes its not even a great sounding thing after trying.

I'm jealous of the future.

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:13 pm

I also really like the Dark World. I also have a Thermae, but am not quite as enamored with it - I haven't really found a way to get it to sound as cool as the demos i've heard - I might actually have to read the manual or something (!).
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

Xmit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Xmit » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:13 am

just received my first ever CB pedal - a Mood arrived via the mail today...

sadly I won't get chance for a play until the weekend though.

it's a thing of beauty however - love the little wooden box & all that stuff that comes wit it...

excited ! :hyper:

sturtlovinggood
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sturtlovinggood » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:15 pm

I have been playing with the Mood this week... definitely an intriguing and unique pedal. I have a feeling it'll get more use with my guitar just from the tones I've been able to make with it so far.

Between the Clock and internal routing the pedal has a lot of interplay in fun and unexpected ways. Sounds can go from zero to 100 real quick. I think this pedal will sound even better once I get MIDI and CV control set up, subtle modulation of the Time knob on the reverb sounds amaaazing.

Voggg
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Voggg » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:12 am

Any experiences using these pedals with modular synth or vocals? I'm looking especially at the Mood, Condor, Brothers, and maybe Warped Vinyl for their CV input and interesting designs, but 1, I don't have a guitar, and 2, they are pretty pricey.

peaches27
Common Wiggler

Post by peaches27 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:33 am

Voggg wrote:Any experiences using these pedals with modular synth or vocals?
I had Condor working as a great filter and distortion, and have gotten some great sounds from Tonal Recall too. You have to bring modular levels down but they handle line just fine!

A lot of demos (i.e. Knobs) show off sounds on synths so you can get an idea!

Slothrop
Common Wiggler

Post by Slothrop » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:39 pm

The Mood looks fantastic. I keep um-ing and ah-ing about whether to get that or save my "weird looper" budget until the Blooper drops...

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”