Vactrols shipping, please check your shipping info!

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

robot909
robot slave to feline masters

Post by robot909 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:44 am

PM for:

VTL5C3 x 4

VTL5C3/2 x 2

-pete

Ailurophilia
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Ailurophilia » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:45 am

I'd like to point out that Coolaudio is now producing the VTL5C3 with a price of $3.90 for 1,000-10,000 units and $2.75 for 10,000+ units. Whilst not as good as the price on this group buy, I expect future quotes to escalate nearer to the ~$7/unit we see elsewhere, in which case these prices should be worth considering.

iopop
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by iopop » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:33 am

Interesting, at least for those into SMD. "Package: SOIC-16/300". so not the same part as in this group buy.

Ailurophilia
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Ailurophilia » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:55 pm

iopop wrote:Interesting, at least for those into SMD. "Package: SOIC-16/300". so not the same part as in this group buy.
I'm pretty sure that's just the result of sloppy website maintenance, the datasheet and specs link to the V1000 chip, which is the SOIC-16 part. It says it's a drop in replacement for the VTL5C3 so I presume it's the proper part.

paults
mice nuts

Post by paults » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:36 pm

Any idea where to get cheap(er) VTL5C4/2 parts? I use them on the MOTM-410 Triple Res filter and damn near gacked up a hairball when I saw the new price.

Votek_Mendo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Votek_Mendo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:40 pm

PM sent on July 8 for 10 of each.
No answer yet :hmm:
Only one day iknow :oops:
hehehe :razz:

samuraipizzacat29
adadadadadadadsr

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:48 am

Ailurophilia wrote:I'd like to point out that Coolaudio is now producing the VTL5C3 with a price of $3.90 for 1,000-10,000 units and $2.75 for 10,000+ units. Whilst not as good as the price on this group buy, I expect future quotes to escalate nearer to the ~$7/unit we see elsewhere, in which case these prices should be worth considering.
It's weird that they say soic, but the datasheet shows the standard packaging. The pricing is pretty comparable to other outlets, heck anyone can buy from who i'm buying from (I thought I pointed out it was Pacer LLC USA, but I may have forgotten). check out the minimum quantities at the bottom :eek: I don't know why the "normal" distributors decided they were going to stop stocking them and jack the prices to high heaven. it would seem ROHS is the culprit for their paradigm shift of "no one's going to use them anymore" but it's not true. annoying. what we really need is someone like small bear to stock them for a fair price. I don't think it'd be fair to balk at $6 or $7 per if it were a commercial endeavor.

and yep - working on responding to pms. I respond to vactrol pms all at once as I need to edit and re-edit my excel sheet accordingly :help:
"You can't rule the world by going at it all scattershot." - Pearl Forrester, "The Final Sacrifice"

Always stuff for sale. Pm me, add me on facebook. Send a carrier pigeon. Fox me.

Votek_Mendo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Votek_Mendo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:21 am

Money sent for
15x Vactec VTL5C3
05x Vactec VTL5C3/2

Thanks a lot!

ringstone
antipodean experimentalist

Post by ringstone » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:41 am

samuraipizzacat29 wrote:what we really need is someone like small bear to stock them for a fair price. I don't think it'd be fair to balk at $6 or $7 per if it were a commercial endeavor.
AFAIK Small Bear are still stocking them (the full range of vactrols is still listed on their site). They did increase when the wholesale price went up but only by roughly the same percentage (from around $7 to $8.95 from memory). That adds a few dollars to every project using them but it's not really a deal breaker for me.

This group buy will save me a heap of money for the next few projects though :party:

Cheers
Blair

jaidee
Common Wiggler

Post by jaidee » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:56 am

Just wondering when these will be shipping??

samuraipizzacat29
adadadadadadadsr

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:57 pm

jaidee wrote:Just wondering when these will be shipping??
i'm not sure yet. I emailed them friday and there was some sort of miscommunication with my billing wishes. :doh: :bang: . I asked them to expedite and ship partials if needs be, but no word yet. As fast as they come in, they're going to get shipped out, this much I know for sure. I appreciate you guys patience as there was no way I could possibly pay for these on my own without taking $. If i could have, i would have.

blair - thanks for the note on small bear. I had never looked..... :oops: the vtl5c3/2 on there are listed at $10 per. which of course sucks, but for the one-off, it's really not terrible. but, yeah, I definitely like the $ back in our respective pockets.
"You can't rule the world by going at it all scattershot." - Pearl Forrester, "The Final Sacrifice"

Always stuff for sale. Pm me, add me on facebook. Send a carrier pigeon. Fox me.

kjackman
Common Wiggler

Post by kjackman » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Awesome, thanks so much just for posting updates, even if no progress is happening. Seems like a small thing, but it's the key difference between "Oh, okay, shipping problems, got it" and "Money sent and no response; should I start panicking yet?"

samuraipizzacat29
adadadadadadadsr

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:21 pm

yeah, i hear ya..... :oops: I forget to check the thread is all. I know it looks fishy when I'm on here contributing to other threads, but you could say I have an on/off switch for thinking about vactrols. Plus, I get notifications saying "pm-ed" so i don't check the thread, then two days later there's a legit question i needed to answer. I basically only check threads I'm involved in, the "browsing" of the forum is very limited. in short, sorry guys, it's not for the sake of withholding anything.
The problem is I told them i definitely wanted the order, and they said I'd have to pay when they shipped. So, I said, great let me figure out how to split it up on my cards (I have about $9kish from you guys and the rest has got to come from me). She took that as a "hold off", hence the delay. I said, whoa, i told you to release the order, and said that to rectify, see how fast they can start shipping. no news other than that. just sent another email asking nicely for a ship date :)

if ever there's an emergency,

nate "the at symbol" paperproductsmusic.com

or if you think you may like the sound of my voice (it's nothing special) ----four eight four----- two six five-----1886

I put it on my craigslist ads, and it'll be on my site when I'm more legit, so there's no reason why you guys can't have it too.

As always, thanks for your help, support, and patience.

nate

samuraipizzacat29
adadadadadadadsr

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:49 pm

vtl5c3 on or before 8/14
5c3/2 on or before 8/21

she says the dates are on the conservative side, but we know how that goes :omg:

edit: those dates are shipped to me. I have to open the box, smell them, then re-package them and fill out all those dern customs forms.

fastheadache
Common Wiggler

Post by fastheadache » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:31 am

Thanks for the update, Nate.

craque
xenochronous wiggler

Post by craque » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Ah, cool. Thanks for updating. My LPG boards are sitting there longing for them!

samuraipizzacat29
adadadadadadadsr

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:42 pm

:waah: tell me about it.... I've got two prototypes I've got to build with no vtl5c3/2 to build them with. spending double for vactrols I'll soon have way too many of would seem incredibly stupid to say the least.

Plus I just got a board the other day that has 7 vtl5c3 on it! insane! and my 292s, and my lpg, and my ________ (item I don't know I'm gassing for yet).

samuraipizzacat29
adadadadadadadsr

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:31 am

just an update that there are officially zero 5c3 left for ordering. I lie, there's the ones I set aside in case there's trouble and some for me, but I'm not taking any more orders for them at this time. There's still a fair of amount of 5c3/2 so if you need some, fire away.

Also, if someone has 4 5c3/2 around, I'll make them turn into twice as many when the order comes around.....

oh, and I was thinking I'd post everyone's initials, zip code, and country and the quantity of each they ordered. does that seem safe and secure enough for you guys? Just want to avoid any potential problems in my bookkeeping process, and not everyone sent their muffs name in the paypal.

thanks guys!

tony d
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tony d » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:52 am

That's fine w/ me.

boothnavy
Ultra Wiggler

Post by boothnavy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:30 am

Yup. Post away!
boothnavy - synthesist

www.analogcraftsman.com

Memory_Leak
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Memory_Leak » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:40 am

yep noprobs :tu:
We bend the truth to accommodate our human weakness.

kjackman
Common Wiggler

Post by kjackman » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:50 am

samuraipizzacat29 wrote:oh, and I was thinking I'd post everyone's initials, zip code, and country and the quantity of each they ordered. does that seem safe and secure enough for you guys?
I like that idea.

samuraipizzacat29
adadadadadadadsr

Post by samuraipizzacat29 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:24 am

well here's something to at least get started checking over. Please keep in mind that abbreviations may have changed the format of something or goofed it a little. for instance, excel cuts off 0's at the beginning of numbers, so I always add an asterisk * etc. if you happen to be marked unpaid, just let me know what email you sent the payment from so that I can check it out. If you sent a payment, but you don't think you made the list (can't find your initials), again, let me know. or if you added, changed, etc and it doesn't appear to be marked correctly, send me a pm.

also, please keep in mind I probably won't be getting to changing this checklist as quickly as my list so if you tell me something after the timestamp on this post don't :despair: too much :)

and, as always, thanks guys!
Attachments
vactrols redux.pdf
(55.93 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Last edited by samuraipizzacat29 on Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simfonik
Veteran Wiggler

Post by simfonik » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:45 am

pm sent

emdot_ambient
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by emdot_ambient » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:37 pm

Lookin' good to me :tu:

Return to “Music Tech DIY”