Parts for Intellijel Rainmaker?

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

vinlythieves
Learning to Wiggle

Parts for Intellijel Rainmaker?

Post by vinlythieves » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:03 am

Hi All,

Can you help? my (soon to be fried) cat knocked my case over and the red Config button on my rainmaker is broken. Given the current climate, anyone know the make/ part so I can see if there is something in the UK to source these? many thanks.
IMG_9835.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

n82558
Common Wiggler

Re: Parts for Intellijel Rainmaker?

Post by n82558 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:35 pm

Looks like a standard push button of some sort. The red part is just a cap. Can’t say what the exact size is but should be <$1. Maybe email intellijel for a part num?

sduck
experimental use of gravity

Post by sduck » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:40 pm

i'm pretty sure that's an E-switch tactile. Mouser part # 612-TL1105SPF100Q - that's for the through hole part, take a look and see if those feet stick out on the other side. If not, it's the smt version, probably a similar part number, which I don't have handy
flickr cloud of sound touyube NOT A MODERATOR ANYMORE

KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 pm

Beware the -missing?- shiny little metal dome that sits between the two parts in your photo. it's conductive, and if it bridges other parts of modules in your case later, it means more problems. Check that it's not rattling around anywhere.

Good news is if you find it you can probably repair this switch yourself. Simply put the dome back in convex up, and fit the top over its four pins. If all these are broken, then it's closer to no dice. You need at least two on diagonal.

The way these switches are made is after placing the top over the four plastic pegs, at least two of them are melted to deform and hold things together.
You can do that too. Likely the cat only knocked off the melted plastic part, and left at least some of the pegs.

And if you don't have even two full pegs. As long as you have part of two pegs you can still glue the switch together. Put the top on the pegs that remain -don't forget the dome!- and then use a drop of super glue on at least two peg holes.
Last edited by KSS on Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:53 pm

Notice the leftmost switch in your photo has all large black 'spots', and the others are missing the melted deformed tops. This means you already have some breakage in at least two more switches. So those would be good to glue while you're in there.

It may not be all about the cat. Sideways pressure on the switch caps -possibly during use!- is creating tension on the little black deformed parts of the pegs, and they are breaking away from the switch.

FWIW, If I were Intellijel, I'd want to see that photo.

KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:02 pm

As long as we're here, the little metal dome sits on the two shiny rectangles inside thecorcular cavity of the switch. Because it's domed it suts above the center circular contact. When you press the top it deforms the dome to touch the center contact, and clicks while it deforms. That's the tactile or tact action click you feel from these switches. When you release pressure the dome is restored and contact between the round center and at least one of the rectangles is broken.

Anything conductive bridging the center round silver contact to either of the two rectangles will close the circuit. Unless Intellijel used the dome to connect both rectangles. Bad practice if so, so probably they didn't and you can use a paper clip or something like it to actuate the switch. Until you get a replacement or fix it up yourself.

Return to “Music Tech DIY”