Looking for a builder? Post here!

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

Trashcan
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Looking for a builder? Post here!

Post by Trashcan » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:26 am

Naenyn wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:32 pm
Anyone around that’d be willing to build a uJove for me? Please PM me! Thanks. :tu:
I'm about to build one for myself so could easily build another I'm in the UK
Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to, weren't never there! And where you are, ain't no good unless you can get away from it!

Naenyn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Naenyn » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:18 pm

Trashcan wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:26 am
Naenyn wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:32 pm
Anyone around that’d be willing to build a uJove for me? Please PM me! Thanks. :tu:
I'm about to build one for myself so could easily build another I'm in the UK
Thank you for the offer! I found a builder here a while back though, so I’m good to go. Good luck with your build! It is a fantastic filter.
-n :ninja:

My racks on ModularGrid
Find me on MuffWiggler's Discord

Waldemar
Common Wiggler

Post by Waldemar » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:21 am

Hello together, I'm looking and hope to find a builder for a Westlicht Performer.
Are you bored or do you want to do something active? Then follow us on our cycling route.
www.indre-waldemar.de/route

Trashcan
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Trashcan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:22 am

Waldemar wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:21 am
Hello together, I'm looking and hope to find a builder for a Westlicht Performer.
I could build one for you built one for myself not too long ago, I'm in the UK and pride myself on good craftsmanship
Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to, weren't never there! And where you are, ain't no good unless you can get away from it!

zenripper
1-Post Wiggler

Post by zenripper » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:44 pm

8-) Hello, New here looking for builder of a music thing modular startup module. Seems like an easy build - board comes pre soldered. I'm in nyc.

Necromonger666
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Necromonger666 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:31 am

Hi there,

looking for a Germany based builder, preferably in Berlin.
I need a super simple potentiometer box as an alternative to an expression module for a Moffenzeef Stargazer Exp. Input.

Thanks!

warmtape
Common Wiggler

Post by warmtape » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:09 pm

I'm not really looking for a builder, per se. I'm looking more for someone to work on some technical issues in the Los Angeles area.

A few projects I'm hoping to get done:
-I have a Cwejman res-4 multi-output module that needs to be connected to the res-4 (there's a post on muff wiggler about it: viewtopic.php?p=3317055#p3317055)
-The MC-202 tubbutec mod once it comes out
-I have a roland ce-1 chorus pedal from the early 70s that needs a lot of love.
-I also might have a couple of Dirty Boy guitar pedals that are having power issues.

Thanks,

j_dowe
Wiggling with Experience

malfunctioning(?) Frequency Central System X Envelope

Post by j_dowe » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:17 am

I'm looking for someone to troubleshoot and fix a Frequency Central System X Envelope. It just doesn't seem to work as it should. For example the release knob just adds in volume regardless of everything else (even if the gate is off). Besides the Attack, nothing seems to really work the way it should (unless I'm misunderstanding something about how this ADSR functions!).

I'm located in Central Illinois (usa), ... and am willing to ship domestically.

I know very little about builds, and bought this prebuilt by someone selling it on modular grid (too long ago to complain about it).

update: someone on the forum reached out and successfully fixed this!
Last edited by j_dowe on Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stusaysmoo
1-Post Wiggler

Any UK based people that could build me a prototype?

Post by stusaysmoo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:33 am

I am looking for someone that wants to collaborate on a build of some guitar effects units that I believe to be unique, with a huge target market potential. The core technology is pure analogue circuits with digital control and midi integration.. similar to the skillset used by anyone working on digitally controlled analogue synths I guess..

I have a detailed idea of a range of products based around the core concept that could become a strong offering in the guitar effects market. I am not an electrical engineer, but a musician and producer who understands the market and needs of the end user.. Initially I am looking to get some prototypes built (as in.. toys for myself :) , but really I'm looking for someone in the UK who would be interested in working on this sort of stuff.. I think it could be huge in the effects market if done right.

Anyone interested? I'm based in the uk, south east.

Stu

Pyrrhix
Common Wiggler

Post by Pyrrhix » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:58 pm

I'm looking for someone to build me an RYO Optodist. I'm located in the United States. SynthCube currently has PCBs and Panels in stock. I know it's supposed to be an easy build, but I have no experience and would prefer to pay someone who knows what they're doing. SynthCube's price for a fully built one is $130, but they're out of stock on built units. I'd be willing to pay $130 + shipping for a fresh build from an experienced builder.

Thanks,
Chris

Edit: I found a builder. Thanks to the two users who reached out. I'd been looking for a built Optodist for quite a while. I should have just asked someone to build one for me from the start.

Pyrrhix
Common Wiggler

Post by Pyrrhix » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:51 pm

I had an Optodist built for me by forum user NeolithicElectrophones. He built it and got it to my door in one week. The soldering looks super clean, and it sounds great. He was also really good about communicating throughout the process. I would have him build something for me again without hesitation. Just wanted to give him a shout out.

Kattefjaes
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kattefjaes » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:32 am

Anyone in the UK feel equal to building me a Prok?

Edit:

A builder found me. That was quick :hihi:

phonodyne
Common Wiggler

Post by phonodyne » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:20 pm

I had a really good experience with welhamc (Chris) recently - he built me a MTM Spring Reverb. Great communication and a high standard of work. I wouldn't hesitate to contact him for a future build.

PK808370
Common Wiggler

Post by PK808370 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:06 pm

Hello Builders,

I'm looking for someone to commission two projects that I've built but not completed: MI Module Tester (Adam's version) and an Anookum. I have built other modules successfully, but these two have flummoxed me. Both of these have been physically completed (soldered, etc.) and just need the chip flashed and then for the module to be tested and calibrated. I have tried to flash the chips, but have not succeeded (lame, considering I often work with Arduinos and other things). I'm happy to pay with money :) or modules or kits/parts, etc.

I'm in the SF Bay Area in California, if someone's local that's great, or anywhere in the US - just due to shipping concerns and cost for these two large modules. Thanks!!
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering"
"I think so, Brain, but what if the chicken won't wear the nylons?"
--
"There must be some way to get this much money, without running for congress."

nicholasgreen
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nicholasgreen » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:37 pm

I'm looking for someone to diagnose and fix a recent build of mine, a 4U Hale/Jak Plugg Monsoon (the one on Modular Addict).

This was my first fully surface mount project, using a solder stencil and rework station, and I felt pretty solid about it throughout the process. Unfortunately I have never been able to get it to work and I have no clue how to troubleshoot it. I bet it's something super simple and stupid, but I just want it to work at this point and have too many things going on.

Located in Oakland CA. Down to ship it to someone that feels confident.

Uncle!

doctorbubs
1-Post Wiggler

Post by doctorbubs » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:17 am

I have a large supply of old 50s and 60s carbon comp resistors and film capacitors. I need someone to help me build synths/guitar pedals/etc. I work full time and don't have time to build anymore. I already have PCBs of the things I need built and all the right parts put together into a kit. I would mail you the parts and the unpopulated PCB and you would mail back the finished circuit board. I can case up the finished board myself. Payment is negotiable, please feel free to PM me here or send me an email at howdydarlin123 @ gmail.com

mazzyboy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mazzyboy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:22 am

Hello,
I’m looking for someone to help trouble shoot and repair my dodgy build of a ryk m185.
I’m in the uk.

hinterlands303
Ultra Wiggler

Post by hinterlands303 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:32 am

I’m looking for a builder/tech in the Detroit area who can replace an ancient Doepfer PSU1 (from the 90’s!) with a PSU2 (which I have) in an old P3 rackmount case. It should be relatively simple job. I have a tech who COULD do it but he’s really busy and can’t give me a time estimate and I’d rather not have it sit in his garage for a month. Again, I’m in Detroit but I’m happy to drive up to an hour. I’d rather not ship though.

electrosandwich
Learning to Wiggle

Post by electrosandwich » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:25 am

Anyone in the SF Bay Area willing to help with an extremely simple soldering job? You'll probably laugh at how simple this is, and while I'm not averse to finally learning how to solder myself, this is literally my most expensive module I need help with, and so not really keen to start here with my practice.

I need a replacement of a 4 pin header on the back of the PCB of this module - one of these here: https://synthcube.com/cart/synth-diy/pa ... pin-header - the pins broke off, and this pin header is used to connect the module (winter modular eloquencer) to its expansion module (EME). So yeah...can't connect the expansion module at the moment. I can buy and provide the pin header if needed, but if you happen to have one lying around already, I can reimburse you for that instead.

OPTIONAL UPGRADE: this is the older version of the eloquencer that just had one of the plain 4-pin headers on the back for connecting the expansion module. I understand that newer versions of the module come with an actual connector jack for plugging in the expansion cable. Definitely a much more stable solution than the plain old pin header, which I found would easily come loose when moving the module around. I've tried searching around the internet for one of those, but can't seem to figure out where to buy one of those.

moonagedaydream
Common Wiggler

Post by moonagedaydream » Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:43 am

I see something in the BST that i'm mildly interested in, but it's incomplete and I just don't have the time anymore. And panel wiring and calibrating modules is something I can't say i'm great at. I prefer building boards with board mounted hardware for sure.

Anyways, im curious to see what someone would charge to get this finished and calibrated, I'm in the US.

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=239186

Return to “Music Tech DIY”