Eurorack retailers in Canada?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:15 pm

So regarding my Moog Audio order above. It all shipped, except for two items which they explicitly told me were in stock when I asked. Turns out one of them was being held for another customer, the other (Happy Ending Kit) was actually in stock, but not the color I ordered, so they were waiting for that too. Estimated 6-8 weeks for those to arrive, so I just cancelled them.

Talk about frustrating...

Blootaka
Common Wiggler

Post by Blootaka » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:09 pm

I ordered my first set of modules direct from Intellijel. Everything was in stock and he helped me out a lot! The order arrived the next day! It was a very exciting day even though I am (still) missing a few key modules.

I've had a few orders from Moog Audio. On the first, I ordered a bunch of stackcables and a HEK. I was told there was no yellow cables, so I asked them to sub me red ones instead. I got the order, with the bill showing a refund for the yellow and a charge for the red, but I got yellow ones I had originally ordered! No problem, I just found it a bit funny.

Yellow stackables seem to be the big seller over there though. Never had a problem getting any other colour.

My last order took a bit to ship from them, but it was sort of a special order. Overall I've had a pretty good experience with them, and shipping is generally quick. Their 5% off coupon also helps slightly.

I have ordered a few Pittsburgh Modules from Long & McQuade as well. I havn't received them yet but from time of order, their estimated arrival is a little over a month. It's a bit long to wait, but it was the fastest way for me to get the previously mentioned missing modules! I can finance it through them for not too much interest. I'm not sure if that's a good thing...

I understand Tom Lee Music in Vancouver had some Pittsburgh stuff in stock, but for the most part it seemed to be special order as well.

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:47 pm

Yeah, as far as Intellijel stuff goes I live down the street, so that's pretty handy :)

ele
Common Wiggler

Post by ele » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:51 pm

Love Moog Audio! They are local and it's very convenient. Wish they have a system like Analogue Haven where you can see the stock online. It's pretty annoying that you have to call them each time to know the inventory.

Trenchrun
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Trenchrun » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:33 pm

Is it me or have the prices for modules on moogs site increased?

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:51 pm

Yep. In fact the scrolling banner they have advertises Metropolis as $580, but the list price is $638.

They were still selling them on par with the USD up until last week, but it looks like their pricing has caught up with the exchange rate.

NU
Wiggling with Experience

Post by NU » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:20 am

Blootaka wrote:Their 5% off coupon also helps slightly.
:hmm:

Care to divulge?

gabrielp
Common Wiggler

Post by gabrielp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:40 am

My name is Gabriel, I'm one of the manager @ Moog.

We are in the process of remaking the whole website, and making the current stock information available online is on our list, everything should be done this spring/summer.. we know its causing some issues, but we try to be pretty friendly and will gladly anwser any stock inquiries quickly.

Until then, if you have any questions/regards, or just want to chat a bit, dont be shy to drop me a line at gabriel.petrin@moogaudio.com or PM me through here ;)

Ill be happy to help you out!

cheers

gabrielp
Common Wiggler

Post by gabrielp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:05 am

NU wrote:
Blootaka wrote:Their 5% off coupon also helps slightly.
:hmm:

Care to divulge?
you have a pm ;)

NU
Wiggling with Experience

Post by NU » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:47 am

:yay:

Trenchrun
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Trenchrun » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:38 am

So are the prices on intellijels site in US dollars? Man eurocrack just got even more expensive.

analogue01
Ultra Wiggler

Post by analogue01 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:45 am

gabrielp wrote:We are in the process of remaking the whole website, and making the current stock information available online is on our list, everything should be done this spring/summer...
THANK YOU!!
WEBSITE
Rob Ae wrote:plugging CV gate cables in my mouth, to taste the voltages, turned out to enhance my skills.

gabrielp
Common Wiggler

Post by gabrielp » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:52 pm

Trenchrun wrote:So are the prices on intellijels site in US dollars? Man eurocrack just got even more expensive.

Intellijel just increased his prices recently :(

flec8
Learning to Wiggle

Post by flec8 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:51 pm

Saved By Technology is now into the modulars.

We're starting with: Mutable Instruments, Kilpatrick Audio, Tip Top Audio. Intellijel, Moog, Roland and Waldorf.

All available for order online now and we have in an store demo system on the way.

:banana:

wmctavishnusic
Common Wiggler

Post by wmctavishnusic » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:02 pm

Saved By Technology is now into the modulars.

We're starting with: Mutable Instruments, Kilpatrick Audio, Tip Top Audio. Intellijel, Moog, Roland and Waldorf.

All available for order online now and we have in an store demo system on the way.
As a Toronto resident, this is awesome news!

Dcramer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dcramer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:09 pm

:party:

Deathlehem
Common Wiggler

Post by Deathlehem » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:26 am

I've been ordering from Moog Audio (only) since about April of this year. I haven't had any troubles yet from them. Quick to ship and no shipping costs to me if the order is $200 Canadian or higher. (Or was it $250?).

Except for the Doepfer patch cables that I ordered, almost 3 weeks ago. They weren't in stock and they sent email stating that they'd be 2-3 weeks.

Outside of that, I'm very happy with them. :) (Delptrtonics Trigger Man; Tip Top Trigger Riot, Z8000 and 4ms PEG, all on separate orders.)

I wish that someone in Kitchener / Waterloo / Cambridge would stock modular gear though, so I could drive over and browse. It seems that barely anyone in these tri-cities even know what a 'sin the size err?' is. Lol.

timothyjr
Common Wiggler

Post by timothyjr » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:02 am

In Vancouver there's Exile on Main St which has a small Intellijel setup in the back room. Good to go try stuff out!

I have a group of friends who were just discussing opening a small shop up actually. Seems like there'd be a fair bit of interest for a west coast brick and mortar location.

I shop at Tom Lee every once in a while, but they really aren't designed to show off modular stuff.
Crooked Walking:
Instagram
YouTube

adnauseam
Veteran Wiggler

Post by adnauseam » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:26 am

sinemod wrote:There is Martin (Technopolis ) for Doepfer in canada
Yeah! Canada's original Doepfer retailer

algorhythm
Wiggling with Experience

Post by algorhythm » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:49 am

Ordered plenty from Moog Audio and Technopolis. The only issues I've had are items taking a long time (months for some modules) to ship. It would be nice if someone would have more stock, but this is understandable. When you pay 100% up-front and wait 4+ months for your order to ship...! Also, bought direct from Intellijel many times - fast to ship, although prices are skyrocketing with the low dollar, but that's happening to all gear...

It's great to see Saved By Technology offering modules now. :sb:

Siborg
Common Wiggler

Post by Siborg » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:23 pm

Good to see more Edmonton peeps on here. I'll be checking out these other retailers you guys mentioned. Thanks for the info
~~~Noise I make~~~~

Distorted Techno -
https://virtualterrorist.bandcamp.com/

Dark Ambient/Witch House
https://apollyons-visage.bandcamp.com/

Modular Drone
https://ghasttech.bandcamp.com/releases

scottmfr
Common Wiggler

Post by scottmfr » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:54 pm

Hey guys,

I thought it might be a good idea to chime in and introduce myself. This is Scott from Tom Lee Music on Granville Street. I hosted the Intellijel workshop we had on the 5th, so sorry about the stream quality! it was a bit of a last minute add-on. I'm kind of the modular guy there. I say kind of because I don't actually own a Eurorack system yet, but I'll probably dive in some time next year. I do have a semi modular MFB Kraftzwerg and I was taught synthesis on a Doepfer A100, so I know a thing or two about patching. I'll be the first to admit our modular setup has room for improvement, but it is gradually getting better. We should hopefully have a powered demo case soon, so it's easier for people to try modules.

Currently we stock Pittsburgh, Intellijel, Doepfer, 4MS, Studio Electronics, and of course Roland, Moog, and Dave Smith. We can now order Malekko, Sputnik, WMD, MFB, LZX, and Noise Engineering. If there are products from these companies that you would like to order, please e-mail me at scott.riesterer@tomleemusic.ca. Just bear in mind that special orders on items that we have never carried can take a bit longer. Also, if there are other companies you think we should carry, please let me know.

We offer a 30-day return policy, and a 1 year warranty on all products. Online orders over $200 usually receive free shipping Canada-wide. We often have sales where any purchase over $250 receives $25 off, anything over $500 = $50 off, over $750 = $75 off, and over $1000 = $100 off. In fact, we're doing one of those promotions right now! We also offer a lowest price guarantee and 30-day price protection.

Dcramer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dcramer » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:32 pm

Hey Scott good to see you on here.
I visit the store a few times a year to Shop, I'm the guy with the gorgeous hair who rides in every summer to buy modules :miley:
You guys have a great keyboard selection and it's good to see the modular growing :party:

Siborg
Common Wiggler

Post by Siborg » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:55 pm

OOOO that's not far from home and I visit Van fairly often. I'll keep this in mind. I love your store too. I'll be there in July so I'll stop by and say hello...and probably buy something too haha.
~~~Noise I make~~~~

Distorted Techno -
https://virtualterrorist.bandcamp.com/

Dark Ambient/Witch House
https://apollyons-visage.bandcamp.com/

Modular Drone
https://ghasttech.bandcamp.com/releases

Dcramer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dcramer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Scott def had lots more stock when I visited last month :tu:
Good to see :party: