Mungo Enterprises d0, dual channel Delay

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

listentoaheartbeat
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by listentoaheartbeat » Mon May 07, 2018 2:22 am

That's surprising.

huffnPuff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by huffnPuff » Mon May 07, 2018 4:58 am

That’s interesting, FFW to Mungo D1 thread?

ookrsia
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ookrsia » Mon May 07, 2018 12:24 pm

huffnPuff wrote:That’s interesting, FFW to Mungo D1 thread?
Or they’ve stopped producing Eurorack modules altogether.

T. Jervell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by T. Jervell » Mon May 07, 2018 12:51 pm

ookrsia wrote:Or they’ve stopped producing Eurorack modules altogether.
Which would be a real shame in my opinion :waah:
I love my Mungo modules!!

Southfork
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Southfork » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:58 am

T. Jervell wrote:
Is it confirmed that Mungo are out of eurorack? Havent seen any stocks in stores or new modules for some time.

ookrsia
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ookrsia » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:10 am

Southfork wrote:
T. Jervell wrote:
Is it confirmed that Mungo are out of eurorack? Havent seen any stocks in stores or new modules for some time.
Nothing is confirmed.

Mr. Mungo just replied to some post and his signature for this forum at least still has a huge ad for Mungo Eurorack modules.

huffnPuff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by huffnPuff » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:40 am

He just introduced a new power distribution board, so apparently he’s still in.

Southfork
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Southfork » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:48 am

I had a few mungo modules in my time and the d0 was by far the best amongst those. Strange module to discontinue.

uniquepersonno2
Ultra Wiggler

Post by uniquepersonno2 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Analogue Haven still has d0 in stock if anybody wants one: http://www.analoguehaven.com/mungoenterprises/d0/

FatRocky
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by FatRocky » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:55 pm

I hope to see new amazing mungo modules

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:28 pm

I'm sitting down with my d0 for the first time and so far it's a lot easier to understand than I was afraid it'd be. Don't have a zoom module yet so I set the jumper on the back to zoom out and it really does have an awesome range! Just have to be so gentle with the knobs that sometimes it doesn't even feel like I'm moving them :lol:

What a damn great sounding module though! It's a bit too hard to really get into nice sounding Karplus Strong stuff with it zoomed out, but just running straight audio from a synth through a comparator and clocking the d0 with that, I've been able to get some really gnarly bass sounds.

Navs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Navs » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 pm

While you're waiting to get a Zoom (or DIY one yourself), if you want more control you can 'pre-attenuate' using an external mixer or make 'pre-sets' with something like Pressure Points.

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:24 pm

I'm actually having someone local DIY me a little 1u zoom module so I should be all set in a couple weeks. And yeah, until then it's just attenuators into attenuators!

I've already been able to get some awesome sounds out of the thing though. I recorded a bit of my first real session with it this weekend. This is a single voice where the sound source is just filtered noise mixed with a voltage offset. A few separate feedback loops at different points throughout the patch.

https://soundcloud.com/smbols/d0-drums-and-flutes

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:17 am

How have people been using this to mess with CV signals? I'm out of town and can't play with mine right now, and I haven't gotten around to delaying CV with it yet. I imagine you can get some pretty interesting stuff with a lot of feedback going.

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:51 am

The more I use this module, the more I wish it had CV over the slew. It does such cool things to the sound but it's almost impossible to land on the same setting twice. Has anybody looked into the possibility of modding that?

timoka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by timoka » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:58 am

you can use an external slew, not that practical but it works. i just found a snippet where i used external slew modulation and a feedback path with filter and vca in between a d0 as glitchy karplus strong machine :)

http://soundcloud.com/uzala/d0-glitch

timoka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by timoka » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:33 am

here's another d0 snippet, i love to patch it as flute, reed instrument with filter and vca in feedback path, played with a haken continuum.

http://soundcloud.com/uzala/do-modelling

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:34 pm

both awesome examples! I'll mess around with external slew tonight, though the inbuilt slew on the d0 seems to effect the tone of the repeats as well as the actual modulation signal.

Can you share more details of your flute patch? I've been trying to get reed sounds out of mine but haven't found a setup that works.

timoka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by timoka » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:50 pm

thanks. for the wind instruments i use the d0 in almost the fastest delay setting possible, then it's all about the feedback path. i usually use the cwejman mmf-6 in clean lp mode. with the mmf-6 symmetry setting i can make the wave a bit buzzier to create more reed-like instruments. the filter itself is carefully adjusted with fixed resonance and cutoff frequency so it fits the register of the wind instrument. then the feedback goes through a vca. i modulate the filters frequency and symmetry for the weird octave jumps, the overblow effect. so the whole thing is really an interplay between delay and filter.

EDIT: it is also extremely cool to then put this whole flute-thing through the second d0 channel :)

Buttons ARE toys
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Buttons ARE toys » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:05 pm

Interesting. I don't have an MMF-6 but I can think of a few ways to do something similar to its symmetry control with other modules in the path. I'll have to mess around and see what I can do!

mudlogger
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mudlogger » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:33 am

here's some more videos I did of the d0 today all sound sources are the Basimilus Alter

I've had this thing since it was released and it's still the most powerful delay I have. I also have a DLD and er301 but the fidelity and audio rate / clocking exceeds both. It's still quirky though, especially in the ease of use. It's the most experimental one for getting weird sounding stuff, feedback and the best for short delays / comb filtering, flanging and audio rate clocked phase shifting. I love messing with the slew pot and clocked and modulated at audio rate with phase shifted lfo's. Things I don't like is having to patch the wet out and mix with the dry. Getting your settings back after a reboot is near on impossible without the Storage Strip. The pots on mine are starting to go - he uses expensive alps pots but they are open to the elements and have a fairly big 3mm hole in each - they really should have rubber slip covers on them. Not sure of the metal mix used in the Alps, but they now have a frosted oxidation coating, whilst my 8 year old cheapo Doepfer in the same case are still looking shiny and new. Bare in mind I do live in Thailand which for 5 months of the year it's very humid but there's definitely a difference comparing module manufactures pots. I don't leave by modular out in the open for long periods - mostly in separate closed cases to avoid long term damage. The best pots I've use by far are Synthtech.

Mungo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Mungo » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:47 pm

huffnPuff wrote:That’s interesting, FFW to Mungo D1 thread?
FFW to 2019 and its still the d0, after trying to come up with a "better" version it became obvious that anything else just wouldn't compare. So the replacement is functionally identical and retains the purity of design and the name. Behind the panel there is a new platform with some enhancements and more capabilities. Hopefully that will support new modules soon but right now the d0 is back.

MvK
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MvK » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:13 am

thats big news for me! Any ETA? Where and when to get it in EU? Judging from some demos and a short time at a friends system it's been always my No1 consideration for delays, but unobtainable and I actually have the space for it :-) .

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:35 am

I think I have to buy it again...
"Those aren't your daddy's waveforms " Cynthia Webster

Mungo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Mungo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:59 am

MvK wrote:Any ETA? Where and when to get it in EU?
Available immediately for direct sales.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”