Dual VCO with waveshaper Furthrrrr Generator by Endorphin.es

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, lisa, Kent, Joe.

synonymist
Veteran Wiggler

Post by synonymist » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:28 am

abdul6 wrote:@synonymist

by seeing your set-up I have the impression to look at mine
with the Furthrr next to the Cs-L
that say I think about having a second furthrrr, which has been my favorite
oscillator since now 2014 (I bought one of the firsts)

how is you experience using two ???

thanks
Eryck
Eryck, bonjour. Je ne parle pas bien français. Donc, en anglais comme vous a fait... :)

Because I got my Furthrrrr Generator about one week ago, and played it for the first time only yesterday, I have almost no experience with it. Similarly, I got my Cš-L less than eight weeks ago.

Maybe my initial comparison of the two is useful, however. These two modules have feature sets that differ from each other slightly, of course. But what I noticed most in comparing them was three things:

1. Each has a characteristic voice. There is some commonality, but there is no mistaking the basic voice of either for the other.

2. Each differs from the other in its embodiment of a distinct rationale in its user interface and workflow design; beyond the layout of one being oriented vertically (Furthrrrr) and the other horizontally (Cš-L).

3. The Furthrrrr Generator user interface is almost entirely "literal", having no hidden features or state-based elements (except its "mood wave" button, whose alternative states are nearby it and are clearly labeled); as such is it basically "self-documenting". By contrast, the Cš-L does have hidden features and state-based elements, notably its unlabeled modulation matrix modes, whose exact function cannot be guessed; as such it cannot be used fully as it was designed to be used unless documentation is available.

Offhand I would say that if you like the sound of Cš-L well enough, and are not daunted by its design, then it might be useful for you to have its voice added to your sonic palette. Otherwise, since you know the sound and operation of the Furthrrrr Generator very well, a second one would pose no disadvantage (if all you wanted was multiplicity, diversity aside).

The Junglechrist
Ultra Wiggler

Post by The Junglechrist » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:56 pm

Sinamsis wrote:And Shuttle Control looks good!

Those panels are magnificent !

Stazma The Junglechrist / Repeat Eater: http://stazmathejunglechrist.com/

Electric Voyage Studio [Mastering / Mixing] : http://electricvoyage-studio.com

My label Concrete Collage : https://concretecollage.bandcamp.com/

Wired Brain Video Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4pym ... vkKp6ofzVA

abdul6
Common Wiggler

Post by abdul6 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:36 pm

Eryck, bonjour. Je ne parle pas bien français. Donc, en anglais comme vous a fait... smile
mais bravo c'est well !!

Ok I thought you had two Furthrrr, sorry I misunderstanded you ;-)
And yes I have also a Cs-L, in fact before I had a Dpo and I sell it for a Cs-L
The reason is because I find Furthrrr and Cs-L are different beats yes
but they blend easier then Dpo and furthrrr (to may taste)

voilà ;-)
SIAMOISES, my project for double-necked guitar-bass, interfaced with a modular synth is now available here :

monads
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by monads » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:36 pm

Those mritenburg do look nice!!! I changed the gold panel to black on my shuttle system. I like the gold panel for the art work but the black panel is just easier on they eyes/less distracting.

synonymist
Veteran Wiggler

Post by synonymist » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:39 pm

abdul6 wrote:
Eryck, bonjour. Je ne parle pas bien français. Donc, en anglais comme vous a fait... smile
mais bravo c'est well !!

Ok I thought you had two Furthrrr, sorry I misunderstanded you ;-)
And yes I have also a Cs-L, in fact before I had a Dpo and I sell it for a Cs-L
The reason is because I find Furthrrr and Cs-L are different beats yes
but they blend easier then Dpo and furthrrr (to may taste)

voilà ;-)
Je vous remercie, monsieur !

Ah... maintenant j'ai compris. Etait assez longue ma réponse, n'est-ce pas? :) Maybe it will be helpful to someone someday. Meanwhile, it seems that you are all set; or that if you want an additional complex oscillator voice, you would not go wrong with a second Furthrrrr Generator.

Au fait, j'ai ecouté de quelque votre musique online. C'est cool, votres sons et concepts. :tu:

When speaking of electronic music, so often the Berlin school is mentioned. But for me "the Paris school" was most impactful, and I don't mean Jarre. In the 1970s in high school, my friends and I listened to the music of Richard Pinhas, solo and with Heldon. Just now I searched on Wikipedia and found a page for French electronic music, where Richard Pinhas is not even mentioned. C'est triste.

The Richard Pinhas album Chronolyse is unique as a recorded performance and simply as a beautiful gem. For me it stands as a landmark of elegant and rational yet visceral audio synthesis. In later years I understood that it was a distinctly French expression.

abdul6
Common Wiggler

Post by abdul6 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:14 am

@synonymist

merci beaucoup !

there is a very interesting book published by Lenka Lente
about French experimentlists only in french though ;-(

http://www.lenkalente.com/product/agita ... ppe-robert

best
Eryck
SIAMOISES, my project for double-necked guitar-bass, interfaced with a modular synth is now available here :

synonymist
Veteran Wiggler

Post by synonymist » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:29 am

abdul6 wrote:@synonymist

merci beaucoup !

there is a very interesting book published by Lenka Lente
about French experimentlists only in french though ;-(

http://www.lenkalente.com/product/agita ... ppe-robert

best
Eryck
Merci bien, Eryck. That book's cover is an old photo of Richard Pinhas!

All the Best,

synonymist

Sionara
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Sionara » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:02 pm

Just purchased the Endorphin Futhrrrr and found the two large frequency knobs click slightly then pressed but also squeak when I turn them! Did anyone else find that with their new unit?

Thanks.

Portabella
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Portabella » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Sionara wrote:Just purchased the Endorphin Futhrrrr and found the two large frequency knobs click slightly then pressed but also squeak when I turn them! Did anyone else find that with their new unit?
I think that's perfectly normal.. they feel wobbly and strange at first, until you get used to it

Shledge
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Shledge » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:46 pm

It's just the nature of those knobs. I find the clicking to be rather satisfying oddly enough.

Sionara
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Sionara » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:47 am

I'm sure I'll get used to themb 8-) The unit seems very well made overall. Thanks for your replies.

Sionara
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Sionara » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:56 pm

OK I'm getting used to them! In fact they feel great and I don't really notice the squeak now.

Stice
Common Wiggler

Re: Dual VCO with waveshaper Furthrrrr Generator by Endorphin.es

Post by Stice » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:11 am

I’m seeing a few problems with my new FG. Dealer has offered to take it back and test it, but before I ship it off, I thought I’d ask if anyone else has seen this.

Problem 1: Listen to sine from Modulator. Turn FM/Xmod knob all the way up. Touch or push (not turn) the Modulator FM, Symmetry or Order knobs. When I do this, I hear a distinct timbral change while touching those knobs.. Occurs after swapping cores between Modulator and Carrier too.

Problem 2: pops in the audio from any output. At first I thought this was a problem with low buffer settings in Ableton, but it appears to be with the FG itself.

I’m well under power limits for my PSU (Intellijel TPS-80W)

Thanks

Shledge
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Dual VCO with waveshaper Furthrrrr Generator by Endorphin.es

Post by Shledge » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:24 pm

There shouldn't be any pops, first time I heard about a VCO doing that. :S

Return to “Eurorack Modules”