Livewire rack contact

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Joe., lisa, luketeaford, Kent

revmutt
Knutty For Knobs

Livewire rack contact

Post by revmutt » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:40 am

I just bought some more Livewire and it seems like the dalek I have makes contact with the rack. It may be a first run version.

Is this a situation where I should just put some electrical tape on the contact points?

Thanks.

thetwlo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thetwlo » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:11 pm

yes, sounds like the first run, they were a bit large and had to be returned and trimmed. And then had stuff like that liquid electrical tape(?) on the edges. So, if it doesn't have that black gunk maybe some electrical tape is a good idea. Or, maybe you got one that wasn't fixed/trimmed for some reason--like they weren't using it in a doepfer frame, so they didn't have the clearance issues.
The first shipments of the Dalek and Vulcan needed this.

revmutt
Knutty For Knobs

Post by revmutt » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:44 pm

thetwlo wrote:yes, sounds like the first run, they were a bit large and had to be returned and trimmed. And then had stuff like that liquid electrical tape(?) on the edges. So, if it doesn't have that black gunk maybe some electrical tape is a good idea. Or, maybe you got one that wasn't fixed/trimmed for some reason--like they weren't using it in a doepfer frame, so they didn't have the clearance issues.
The first shipments of the Dalek and Vulcan needed this.
Mine do have the protective goo but I'm kind of curious whether the upper standoffs should be taped as well.

consumed
International Filter Conspiracy

Post by consumed » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:46 pm

both my dalek and vulcan were very tight fits, but i never found it necessary to tape the rail. i suppose its better to be safe though.

littlewane
Learning to Wiggle

Post by littlewane » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:21 am

Don't shock yourself

Return to “Eurorack Modules”