Somewhere in USA to buy Patching Panda Moon Phase that isn't PC?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

funeralcake
Common Wiggler

Re: Somewhere in USA to buy Patching Panda Moon Phase that isn't PC?

Post by funeralcake » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:00 pm

Naenyn wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:14 am
Illwiggle wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:40 pm
Theres a pretty awesome lil site called modularhaven.com that will do the search for you. It scans for used ads as well
Not to hijack this thread, but thanks for this. There’s also wigglehunt.com as well.
I've had the hardest time trying to remember the name of that site recently after hearing someone else mention it on here a while ago, so thanks. It's a great resource. I will have to take a look at modularhaven, too.

mrhooks
Common Wiggler

Post by mrhooks » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:50 pm

EATyourGUITAR wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:01 pm
if you took the post down that would indicate that it did contain inaccurate information.
Or it would indicate that he was getting a lot of crap for the post and didn't want to deal with the haters anymore. Cancel culture doesn't care about the truth, only what they want to believe.
WTB: original MI Rings panel
Also looking for someone willing to make a couple small changes to Rings firmware

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:04 pm

mrhooks wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:50 pm
EATyourGUITAR wrote:
if you took the post down that would indicate that it did contain inaccurate information.
Or it would indicate that he was getting a lot of crap for the post and didn't want to deal with the haters anymore. Cancel culture doesn't care about the truth, only what they want to believe.
Fair point. Personally, I have an opinion that we give cancel culture more momentum when we give in to these demands. I would rather be hated for telling an uncomfortable truth then loved for not asking questions. I guess I am projecting a little bit because it is hard for me to understand how someone would be pressured into silence when they are in fact telling a true story. I don't think I would. But I also think that if I took down my own post it would be after I realized I made a mistake in my facts. I just don't expect myself to randomly take down something I said. I would gladly promote anyone standing up to hate if they are being honest and altruistic. Like I said this is probably me projecting since I can't really understand how other people think.
WWW.EATYOURGUITAR.COM <---- MY DIY STUFF

mrhooks
Common Wiggler

Post by mrhooks » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:14 pm

EATyourGUITAR wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:04 pm
Personally, I have an opinion that we give cancel culture more momentum when we give in to these demands.
Agreed, but it can be difficult to deal with when it goes so far as getting doxxed, receiving death threats, etc., and you are helpless to fight back.
I guess I am projecting a little bit because it is hard for me to understand how someone would be pressured into silence when they are in fact telling a true story.
Depending on the nature of the community in which one is participating, and one's level of participation, one might feel it's better not to be ostracized. I believe in standing on principle, but not everyone is resilient or stubborn enough to do so, because it rarely is the most practical thing to do.
WTB: original MI Rings panel
Also looking for someone willing to make a couple small changes to Rings firmware

tuj
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tuj » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:01 pm

Pelsea wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:16 pm
  • Anything you post on the internet is there forever. Even if you take it down immediately, it has probably been copied and will surface again.

I took my post down because I had people ad hominem'ing me out the Ying-yang on Reddit. It wasn't worth the personal abuse and apparent scorn I earned, so I took it down. Not because I don't believe that PC had bad practices. Apparently at this point I have nothing to lose so I'll be quite frank about my experiences with a company that I spent tens of thousands of dollars with over 15 years and then they decided a Reddit post was too much? Really?

As for the dude who said it was fine they cancelled my order, keep in mind they did not notify me of the cancellation. Months later I found out. They cancelled the order completely silently. It disappeared from their online system, yet I had a receipt and no other communications. If that's how you think it's "fine" to run a business, you're crazy.

Even if I had a customer I didn't want to deal with, I'd at least tell them that I was refusing their order. PC didn't have that courtesy even. :foul:

minatorymodular
Common Wiggler

Post by minatorymodular » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:29 pm

EATyourGUITAR wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:40 pm
minatorymodular wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:07 pm
Eatyourguitar - in another thread you said that Intellijel's 1U format constituted an unethical monopoly. What are you going on about?
I did not ever describe intelijel as unethical. This is how defamation starts. You can go back and read what I wrote exactly. You can copy and paste it if you want. I'm not going to hide what I said. I'm not going to go on about it. If anyone wants to read what I actually said they can go read it. It is also permanently on the internet that you are spreading lies about me so I think that reflects on you more than it does me.
My mistake, you said Intellijel is a "big monopoly like Apple", a company famous for its abuse of sweat shop labor, and I erroneously paraphrased that as "unethical monopoly". I didn't remember your exact phrasing, sue me :cloud:

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:39 pm

minatorymodular wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:29 pm
EATyourGUITAR wrote:
minatorymodular wrote:
Eatyourguitar - in another thread you said that Intellijel's 1U format constituted an unethical monopoly. What are you going on about?
I did not ever describe intelijel as unethical. This is how defamation starts. You can go back and read what I wrote exactly. You can copy and paste it if you want. I'm not going to hide what I said. I'm not going to go on about it. If anyone wants to read what I actually said they can go read it. It is also permanently on the internet that you are spreading lies about me so I think that reflects on you more than it does me.
My mistake, you said Intellijel is a "big monopoly like Apple", a company famous for its abuse of sweat shop labor, and I erroneously paraphrased that as "unethical monopoly". I didn't remember your exact phrasing, sue me :cloud:
I have no case now that you admitted to the whole world that you lied. This is what you call an official statement of correction issued less than 24 hours by the offending party. Maybe your attorney told you to say that?

minatorymodular
Common Wiggler

Post by minatorymodular » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:04 pm

I never lied about anything. I seriously don't get your deal. This is a bizarre level of pettiness.

For reference, Eatyourguitar privately messaged me long rants saying that he could sue me over my post, but would graciously refrain from doing so if I learned from my mistakes. I thought it was a bad joke, but he seems serious.

Is it defamatory to say you're a real piece of work, threatening to sue someone over a forum post that you didn't like?

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:11 pm

Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 9.10.18 PM.png

JayEm
Wiggling with Experience

Post by JayEm » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:13 pm

Tuj, I love you, man.
BandCamp Instagram
"peoples moist elbow cruxes, sodden with phlegm" - Joe.

pekbro
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pekbro » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:22 pm

A defamation case against an anonymous forum post is practically impossible to win. Just ask behringer...

closedLoop
Wiggling with Experience

Post by closedLoop » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:10 am

minatorymodular wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:04 pm
I never lied about anything. I seriously don't get your deal. This is a bizarre level of pettiness.

For reference, Eatyourguitar privately messaged me long rants saying that he could sue me over my post, but would graciously refrain from doing so if I learned from my mistakes. I thought it was a bad joke, but he seems serious.

Is it defamatory to say you're a real piece of work, threatening to sue someone over a forum post that you didn't like?
If this is true, that's troubling.

I believe that sort of behavior is why some refer to the internet as "the cloak of the coward"

tuj
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tuj » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:17 am

EATyourGUITAR wrote:
tuj wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:23 am
Cost me $30 more to deal with an ethical company
the company claims they cancelled your order after you defamed them by publishing inaccurate information on the internet regarding how they handle pre-orders. I don't know if the information you published is defamatory but if it is they have a legal and ethical right to refuse service. unethical would be if you continued your tactics of cancel culture and extortion to get what you want. I don't know if you defamed them but I can say that ethics does not mean the world revolves around you. ethics means you don't publish inaccurate information. ethics means you respect a company that is within the legal letter of the law to refuse service and not defame them further by calling such a practice unethical or detrimental to free speech. your free speech ends when you publish inaccurate information about a business that causes losses or damage. if you took the post down that would indicate that it did contain inaccurate information. if you still feel the information you posted about pre-orders is in fact accurate then you have an ethical obligation to leave it open for all to see and not cover it up so that you can get gear from PC when it is clearly cheaper and more convenient for you. to cover up bad business practices so that you can get into the good graces with PC as it enriches you would be the definition of unethical. you have a decision to make, you need to decide if you published accurate information or not. if you made a mistake you should apologize directly to the person you have damaged. this a very simple thing that can be solved easy when you take responsibility and say sorry. or stand your ground and warn people telling your true story about an unethical business practice. if your story is true then we would love to hear it. it is a good thing that we call out businesses that do the wrong thing.
Look, I have you on my 'foes' list because you post so much inflammatory crap so I didn't even see this until now, even that everyone else is ranting in this thread that has now gone vastly OT.

I posted about my experiences. My experiences are just that, mine. That may not reflect other people's, that's always going to be true. I had people just like you claiming that I was making allegations without basis or just 'whining'. And I had people personally attack me, and believe it or not, I actually had two people privately threaten me on this other website not muffs. Do you get that? That's not cool and that's the reason I took my post down, not because I didn't believe in it or I wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

If I'm not mistaken, you've launched numerous personal attacks on me over your relatively short time on this forum and I don't really want to read it, so I just block you. If you want to believe that I made up a story, that's fine. I don't see what logic there would be to that. I mean, what is it you want, do you want me to post screenshots of my hundreds of orders with PC going back at least a decade so you can add up how much money I spent with them? I've already posted screenshots of their emails to me, but with you I don't think anything would serve as proof as you just seem to be someone who continuously trolls. I've seen it and other threads and it's happening here too. You aren't meaningfully contributing to the discussion, you're just trying to incite anger and responses to get attention and I got tired of that a long time ago. I'm taking time today because this *is* an issue (the issue with PC) that I care about, but more importantly I just wanted to know IF ANYONE CARRIED THE FUCKING MODULE. That was the whole point of this initial post. Not to shit on PC, not to sow my woes of my experience you don't believe.

All I was asking for was where I could buy this module that isn't PC since they have banned me. The answer was nowhere, so I bought from Germany instead and it cost me more money. It's sad, I know people who work for PC. I even tried to work things out with them by giving them business and they decided it wasn't worth it to them. That's a cost/benefit calculation they made. It's within their rights to do so.

But just because something is within your rights doesn't make it ethical. If you decide that anyone who write something you disagree with about your business on the internet is your instant foe, guess what, you're going to eventually end up with a lot of enemies.

How many people does Amazon ban? How many people does Walmart ban? I'm not saying they don't, but they do it [except] in egregious cases that are actively costing them money, such as excessive returns. They don't do it because someone posts on Reddit "Amazon fuct me." That's being exceptionally thin-skinned and I would argue acting unethically because you aren't respecting another's right to free speech.

Free speech does not need to be correct. I am allowed to wear a fake Purple Heart and act like I'm a veteran of a war. That's entirely legal. It's also disgustingly unethical. Again I posted about *my* experience, and I believe in doing so was accurate. My experience should serve as a caution point for others that PC takes dissent and criticism very personally. That's a fair warning for anyone who wants to keep doing business with them; don't fucking complain publicly.
Last edited by tuj on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

adaris
Veteran Wiggler

Post by adaris » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:02 am

I recently ordered some SSSR stuff directly from SSSR in Russia, not because PC banned me but because I've gotten fed up with them (already posted about it in another thread). Cost me extra for shipping and took a few weeks to arrive but I was ok with that.

Foghorn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Foghorn » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:54 am

Oh, c'mon everyone...bitch...bitch...bitch
Everyone screws up every now and then, including the biggest players in their field.
Apparently I have spent $14,494 in 4 years at PC.
They never screwed up beyond not being able to get some product that they previously thought they could get.
Although they once sent me Pluck instead of a 2hp LFO V2.
Gee, I wanted one of those anyway and they sent me a 2hp LFO a month later (I paid for that too, of course)
I imagine it is quite a production to sell the quantity that PC does.
I was shopping there for audio equipment for years before I discovered Eurorack.
I am sad that they treated you badly Tuj.
I hope that does not happen to you again.

Haters shrivel to nothing in the end

EDIT: replaced the 2nd Pluck with the 2nd 2hp LFO
Last edited by Foghorn on Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Calm - We are in this forever :doh:
.......Not really a musician.......

tuj
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tuj » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:12 am

You know, @Foghorn, this is actually why I got so upset. I understand screwups happen. I really am not an unreasonable customer IMHO, I have worked with probably every music gear and modular vendor over the last 20+ years from big guys like Sweetwater to small guys like Switched On in Austin. I had the same problems starting to happen over and over with PC during a period of time, probably about a year, and after 5 or 6 of them I made my post complaining/warning-others. That said, I calmed down and a few months later decided 'hey who cares, let's give them another chance.' That's when they earned my ire, by *silently* cancelling my order. It just disappeared from their system. I went on their site and it said 'order not found'. No order history. Was like it never happened, yet I had an email receipt and an order number. They wouldn't get back to me through email, be it volume or other reasons, and they wouldn't talk to me on the phone and didn't explain the issue until probably close to 14 days after my initial contact and roughly 3 months after I placed the order.

That's what got to me.

I have nothing but good things to say about countless shops, but a stand-out to me is AnalogHeaven. I have worked with Shawn since before PC carried Euro and he is nothing but a class act. Even when we've had delays or anything else, a damaged shipping item, Shawn always made it right, communicated, and was nothing but great to deal with.

anyway, the whole point of the thread is moot now as I found my module, albeit outside the USA. It seems the answer is 'no', you cannot buy a *finished* (e.g. not a kit) Patching Panda Moon Phase from anyone but PC in the USA. That's a little disappointing, but wasn't insurmountable.

adaris
Veteran Wiggler

Post by adaris » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:16 am

Foghorn wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:54 am
Oh, c'mon everyone...bitch...bitch...bitch
Everyone screws up every now and then, including the biggest players in their field.
Apparently I have spent $14,494 in 4 years at PC.
They never screwed up beyond not being able to get some product that they previously thought they could get.
Although they once sent me Pluck instead of a 2hp LFO V2.
Gee, I wanted one of those anyway and they sent me a Pluck a month later (I paid for that too, of course)
I imagine it is quite a production to sell the quantity that PC does.
I was shopping there for audio equipment for years before I discovered Eurorack.
I am sad that they treated you badly Tuj.
I hope that does not happen to you again.

Haters shrivel to nothing in the end
I'm not talking about them "screwing up", I'm talking about them charging me bullshit fees after they screwed up and then giving me the run around when I balked at it. If that makes me a "hater" then I guess I'm a hater.

We all shrivel to nothing in the end, haters and white knights alike.

Foghorn
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Foghorn » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:19 am

WOW
Stay Calm - We are in this forever :doh:
.......Not really a musician.......

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:12 pm

minatorymodular wrote:
I never lied about anything.
you definitely did tell a lie and you admitted it. we can also fact check it and we can prove that you told a lie about me. here is where you admitted that you lied.
minatorymodular wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:29 pm
EATyourGUITAR wrote:
minatorymodular wrote:
you told a lie about me. I pointed it out. you can move on but instead you are doing this.
minatorymodular wrote:
I seriously don't get your deal. This is a bizarre level of pettiness.
first of all this thread is NOT about me. you obviously have a personal vendetta against me to start talking about me in this thread about something I said in another thread that is my opinion. why bring that here in this thread? why make this thread about me when this thread is not about me? you seem to be obsessed with me and telling everyone what you think about me even when it is completely off topic and inappropriate. nothing in this thread was bizarre and petty until you started your targeted attack on me and my credibility in an off topic rant.
minatorymodular wrote:
this is not true and I can prove it by publishing everything that was said in private. I don't want to insert my opinion but I don't think anyone will respect you are give you any credibility after you continue to tell lies that we can fact check by reading what you wrote in private.
minatorymodular wrote:
I also said in the communication numerous times that I am not taking legal action against you and this is not a threat or harassment. I made that perfectly clear numerous times because I could immediately identify you as being someone who thinks they are being attacked or bullied even when they are not. to answer your question, no, your opinion can not be construed as defamation. never. but also you must state that that is your opinion in examples that have some ambiguity.

you can say for example you think I am ugly or mean or an idiot or too sensitive. you can not say that I am 4ft tall 500lb's and I steal cars unless that is actually true to the best of your knowledge.

this would be the end of the story except you defamed me again saying that I threatened to sue you. that is a lie. we can fact check that. I told you I can sue you for defamation under the law. that is a true statement of fact. a true statement of fact of law is not a threat. I don't make threats. when I want to sue someone, I just file it. when I want to sue someone I go no contact to ensure my lawyer has the best chance of success. any communications between us would be through our lawyers at that point.

I will ask you nicely to please stop telling lies about me on the internet. that is not a threat. that is me asking you nicely in public where you can't somehow construct a story about what I said. do you consider this a threat as well? do you still think I am being petty? notice that I do not insult you or your character to win an argument. the entire time we were talking in private I went out of my way to let you know that I respect you and I welcome you to the forum regardless what disagreements we have. I even said word for word "I don't hate you. welcome to the forum". is that an insane petty rant? what about the followup where I told you that I don't hate you and I genuinely welcome you to the forum? I don't want to embarrass you by talking about how you responded. you could say that I am protecting you from embarrassment and I have treated you with absolute respect even when you have not earned it. I genuinely believe that is the best solution to conflict resolution and peaceful constructive discourse.

Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:33 pm

Jeez, give it a rest!

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:59 pm

And in other news....

minatorymodular
Common Wiggler

Post by minatorymodular » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:21 pm

I don't respect people who use the law to bully others. Also, you steal cars. I believe this because you posted on this forum saying "and I steal cars". Exact quote on that one.

EATyourGUITAR
has no life

Post by EATyourGUITAR » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:44 pm

minatorymodular wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:21 pm
I don't respect people who use the law to bully others. Also, you steal cars. I believe this because you posted on this forum saying "and I steal cars". Exact quote on that one.
this is defamation. I do not steal cars. can you prove in court that I steal cars? no judge will believe that what I wrote is proof that I steal cars. you obviously took that quote out of context. judges are not that stupid.

JayEm
Wiggling with Experience

Post by JayEm » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:50 pm

This thread has at least in part been brought to you by Perfect Circuit.
:yay: :hihi: :hihi: :yay:
BandCamp Instagram
"peoples moist elbow cruxes, sodden with phlegm" - Joe.

Paranormal Patroler
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Paranormal Patroler » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:49 am

This thread has served its purpose and since some members either can't stop fanning the flames or can't control themselves from reading too much into things, the thread is getting locked. Congratulations.
All rights reserved; all wrongs reversed.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”