FX AID - multi audio effect module

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Post Reply
User avatar
virtualpt
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 9:19 am

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by virtualpt » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:41 pm

Scott M2 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:23 pm
Bob, I've only focused on the verbs, so far, but I love the Reverb Chorale, which has nice usage of vowel sounds. In this video, I use it on a pad sound coming from the Nebulae. The mix in the early part of the video is dry, so you can hear the original sound. You can see/hear the vowel changing at about 3:20 which "does" produce a nice chorale effect. I'm inferring from this that the vowel filter will have some mojo too. The H9 reverb is only on the SE-02.
Beautiful track :)

User avatar
m12386
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by m12386 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:27 pm

God, I can’t wait to get this module.

User avatar
Bob Charlotte
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:16 pm
Location: Elsewhere

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Bob Charlotte » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:24 am

Scott M2 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:23 pm
Bob, I've only focused on the verbs, so far, but I love the Reverb Chorale, which has nice usage of vowel sounds. In this video, I use it on a pad sound coming from the Nebulae. The mix in the early part of the video is dry, so you can hear the original sound. You can see/hear the vowel changing at about 3:20 which "does" produce a nice chorale effect. I'm inferring from this that the vowel filter will have some mojo too. The H9 reverb is only on the SE-02.
Gorgeous sounds! Thanks for the insight. I was trying to know if the vowel filter mode can act more like a classic clean filter, but what a nice demo of what the vowel sound could add.

User avatar
virtualpt
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 9:19 am

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by virtualpt » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:44 pm

Will it cause any issues if some of the effects slots are left empty or do all 32 always have to be filled?

User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:18 am

No way, those slots will not be doing anything to the audio.

User avatar
virtualpt
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 9:19 am

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by virtualpt » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:08 am

igorrr wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:18 am
No way, those slots will not be doing anything to the audio.
Thanks Igor. Wanted to make sure I wasn't going to brick it before trying this :)

User avatar
Scott M2
Common Wiggler
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:35 am
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Scott M2 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:12 am

virtualpt wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:41 pm
Beautiful track :)
Thanks virtualpt and thanks Bob!
The FX Aid verbs are very good and are a nice complement to the ones in the H9.

Swing604
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:44 am
Location: Vancouver

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by Swing604 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:59 am

For those in Canada, Nightlife Electronics in Vancouver is now accepting pre orders for FX Aid.


User avatar
a100user
All the gear, no idea!
Posts: 4031
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:39 am
Location: Southern England

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by a100user » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:11 am

NoLegs wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:52 pm
Some fun on vocals with the Frequency Shifter Up-Down algorithm.

Excellent, very reminiscent of Front 242.
I'm looking for nothing at this moment in time

NoLegs
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 869
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:16 pm
Contact:

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by NoLegs » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:13 am

a100user wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:11 am
NoLegs wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:52 pm
Some fun on vocals with the Frequency Shifter Up-Down algorithm.

Excellent, very reminiscent of Front 242.
Thanks! Love me some 242

transistorresistor
Common Wiggler
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by transistorresistor » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:59 am

got one of these today, what a damn nice module! Really delighted w how it sounds.

User avatar
southberry
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:56 pm
Location: Toulouse

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by southberry » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:04 pm

transistorresistor wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:59 am
got one of these today, what a damn nice module! Really delighted w how it sounds.
you're lucky ! I'm checking all the EU distributors many times per week since many months ... pretty sure the forthcoming batch will just cover the pre-order list (it's even impossible to "pre-buy" it from Schneidersladen since a few days) I will pick 2 as soon as possible ... I wish the next batch will be enough to fit to demand ...

User avatar
igorrr
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 737
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
Location: Ukraine

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:10 am

Thanks everybody for the support and trust in FX AID. Assembly is on the final stage, so I will ship distributors in the coming weeks. New effects are constantly under development and there will be many to play with.

User avatar
virtualpt
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 9:19 am

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by virtualpt » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:30 am

igorrr wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:10 am
Thanks everybody for the support and trust in FX AID. Assembly is on the final stage, so I will ship distributors in the coming weeks. New effects are constantly under development and there will be many to play with.
Yay! Thanks Igor :)

JonoVizion
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:04 pm

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by JonoVizion » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:22 am

igorrr wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:10 am
Thanks everybody for the support and trust in FX AID. Assembly is on the final stage, so I will ship distributors in the coming weeks. New effects are constantly under development and there will be many to play with.

😍Can’t wait until I get mine!

User avatar
southberry
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:56 pm
Location: Toulouse

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by southberry » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:35 pm

igorrr wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:10 am
Thanks everybody for the support and trust in FX AID. Assembly is on the final stage, so I will ship distributors in the coming weeks. New effects are constantly under development and there will be many to play with.
:sb: :sb: :sb:

kingsmore
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:24 am
Contact:

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by kingsmore » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:28 pm

Fell into happy Nerding. 3x vca then tri tone. Couldn’t be happier with FX aid and continued support from them is aces!

xxeyes
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:09 pm

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by xxeyes » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:33 pm

What is the consensus on whether the FX Aid fits within an Intellijel Palette case? FX Aid is 45mm deep according to Modular Grid, while the Palette case accepts modules up to 45.5mm deep according to the Intellijel website.

It seems at least one person got it to fit, but I'm not sure how, unless the 45mm depth is incorrect or includes the power cable:
https://www.picuki.com/media/2231583864131151671

At very least, I'm guessing manufacturing variances in the module and case make it hit or miss. I'd be interested to know who has tried it and whether it fit (without modification or doing anything strange) or did not.

User avatar
davidjames
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:53 am
Location: Austin

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by davidjames » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:44 pm

xxeyes wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:33 pm
What is the consensus on whether the FX Aid fits within an Intellijel Palette case? FX Aid is 45mm deep according to Modular Grid, while the Palette case accepts modules up to 45.5mm deep according to the Intellijel website.
Mine definitely fits. I can roll a Knurlie underneath the power header, if that helps.
FS: Bargain Bin updated 8/4, EME, more
viewtopic.php?p=3062675

User avatar
xcc
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:37 am
Location: TX

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by xcc » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:46 pm

xxeyes wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:33 pm
What is the consensus on whether the FX Aid fits within an Intellijel Palette case? FX Aid is 45mm deep according to Modular Grid, while the Palette case accepts modules up to 45.5mm deep according to the Intellijel website.

It seems at least one person got it to fit, but I'm not sure how, unless the 45mm depth is incorrect or includes the power cable:
https://www.picuki.com/media/2231583864131151671

At very least, I'm guessing manufacturing variances in the module and case make it hit or miss. I'd be interested to know who has tried it and whether it fit (without modification or doing anything strange) or did not.
Just put one in my Palette last night. Big thumbs up.

xxeyes
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:09 pm

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by xxeyes » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:13 pm

davidjames wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:44 pm
xxeyes wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:33 pm
What is the consensus on whether the FX Aid fits within an Intellijel Palette case? FX Aid is 45mm deep according to Modular Grid, while the Palette case accepts modules up to 45.5mm deep according to the Intellijel website.
Mine definitely fits. I can roll a Knurlie underneath the power header, if that helps.
Awesome, thanks davidjames and xcc!

User avatar
m12386
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by m12386 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:45 pm

Just got mine in the mail today from analoguehaven

User avatar
mkasthe
Common Wiggler
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:35 pm
Location: New York City

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by mkasthe » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:48 pm

m12386 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:45 pm
Just got mine in the mail today from analoguehaven
uhm..says to email for availability.. wonder if they had a bunch of pre-orders and they filled them all with what they received.
Made in Italy and exported to NYC
Instagram: The Analog Kid

User avatar
m12386
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:44 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by m12386 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:51 pm

mkasthe wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:48 pm
m12386 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:45 pm
Just got mine in the mail today from analoguehaven
uhm..says to email for availability.. wonder if they had a bunch of pre-orders and they filled them all with what they received.
Yeah I emailed them and they said they’d sell me one via PayPal so I assume they have some in stock.

Post Reply

Return to “Eurorack Modules”