FX AID - multi audio effect module

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

igorrr
Veteran Wiggler

Re: FX AID - multi audio effect module

Post by igorrr » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:29 am

Stereo "Ring Modulator" added to the Shaper category.
Internal VCO is crossfaded from sine<>tri<>saw<>squ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scragz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scragz » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:48 am

noisewreck wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:46 am
mosorensen wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:06 pm
igorrr wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:11 am
Ok, added "Delay AUX" to the effects list. It works as requested: Right channel is used for send and return to externally process the feedback pass.
I have always been a bit confused about these "send / return" loops. Wouldn't I achieve exactly the same thing, if I multed the output from the FX Aid (the "send"), then ran it through a filter or whatever and mixed the result (the "return") with the original input signal before sending it into FX Aid?
No. Because when you patch in a filter in the feedback path, each repeat gets more and more filtered. For example if you patch an LPF, each repeat will get darker and darker.
That's what would happen in what they described as well, the filtered output is being fed back and then that output is being filtered again. The problem with doing it this way is you need free mixers to control the feedback amount.

noisewreck
Common Wiggler

Post by noisewreck » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:27 pm

scragz wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:48 am
noisewreck wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:46 am
mosorensen wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:06 pm
igorrr wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:11 am
Ok, added "Delay AUX" to the effects list. It works as requested: Right channel is used for send and return to externally process the feedback pass.
I have always been a bit confused about these "send / return" loops. Wouldn't I achieve exactly the same thing, if I multed the output from the FX Aid (the "send"), then ran it through a filter or whatever and mixed the result (the "return") with the original input signal before sending it into FX Aid?
No. Because when you patch in a filter in the feedback path, each repeat gets more and more filtered. For example if you patch an LPF, each repeat will get darker and darker.
That's what would happen in what they described as well, the filtered output is being fed back and then that output is being filtered again. The problem with doing it this way is you need free mixers to control the feedback amount.
It wouldn’t filter each iteration. When the filter is in the feedback path, the repeat goes to the filter before being fed back, thus getting more and more filtered with each iteration.

With the above description essentially you just have a typical FX send return setup and you’re filtering the effected signal overall, once. No?

noisewreck
Common Wiggler

Post by noisewreck » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:29 pm

NM. I just re-read. Yes it would have the same result.

McRINdk
Common Wiggler

Post by McRINdk » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:28 am

Much better

McRINdk
Common Wiggler

Post by McRINdk » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:33 am

Much Better
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rikrak
Common Wiggler

Post by rikrak » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:10 pm

Would you mind sharing the type of knob you used. I did a search on Thonk earlier, but wasn't sure what I was looking for to be compatible with the shafts.

jwm
Veteran Wiggler

Post by jwm » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:20 pm

rikrak wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:10 pm
Would you mind sharing the type of knob you used. I did a search on Thonk earlier, but wasn't sure what I was looking for to be compatible with the shafts.

https://modularaddict.com/micro-knobs

rikrak
Common Wiggler

Post by rikrak » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:36 am

Cheers for that. Here's the Thonk page, if anyone else is interested: https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/micro-knobs/

McRINdk
Common Wiggler

Post by McRINdk » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:13 am

rikrak wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:36 am
Cheers for that. Here's the Thonk page, if anyone else is interested: https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/micro-knobs/
Yep those are the ones I used and I did source them from Thonk from their limited covid catalogue.

scragz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scragz » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:03 pm

Batch just dropped at Analogue Haven, get em while you can. 50 now and 50 on Monday.

http://www.analoguehaven.com/happynerding/fx-aid/

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:06 pm

50 went in less than 5 mins

scragz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scragz » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:09 pm

I swear they were available when I posted that!

This felt like a hype sneaker release, anxiously mashing the refresh button, hands shaking trying to type in the credit card verification code.

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:11 pm

It was something like that. Had my bot snag one for me ;)

witchonhorseback
Common Wiggler

Post by witchonhorseback » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:19 pm

I love how we all bit our tongues and kept our hands off the keyboard after Shawn's email arrived yesterday 😂

I did manage to get one! Looking forward to giving it a spin.

jsco
Common Wiggler

Post by jsco » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:41 pm

you're kidding. so, there's no waiting list, but there's an unofficial waiting list? lovely.

scragz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scragz » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:54 pm

jsco wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:41 pm
you're kidding. so, there's no waiting list, but there's an unofficial waiting list? lovely.
It says "email us for availability" right on the page. That's how you get on the list. Their shopping cart software is straight outta 2002 >.>

You're in luck tho, since there is another batch dropping at 1PM PST on Monday!

schism
schism

Post by schism » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:08 pm

jsco wrote:
There was no "unofficial waiting list". FX Aid modules were purchased through the website like all others.
Everyone had the same opportunity to buy one if they were quick enough, it doesn't matter if they asked about it a week ago
or a month ago. Not much else to do when you have limited stock and 100s of people asking, imo its the most fair way.
I didn't want to take pre-orders 2 or 3 months in advance and be sitting on people's money especially if things happened like a lost
shipment, a shipment held by customs, cancelled orders etc. I guarantee after 2+ months I'd get cancelled orders and I'd be stuck with
the fees because Paypal no longer refunds fees. The majority of today's orders were made with Paypal.

Someone will always miss out and get upset...I am sorry...but keep in mind if there was a waiting list many people had probably
asked before you already so they may have been reserved anyway. I didn't want to go that route. Yesterday I spent a lot of time emailing 150+ people who has previously emailed me about the pre-order coming up on Friday and explaining they'd sell quick. These emails dated back to when the last batch sold out end of January. Probably I missed someone, but I was pretty thorough. I never made any promises about who would get one.

One day supply will catch up with demand. Happy Nerding is working on another batch of 100 for us. They should be ready in about a month
(an estimate- do not write it in stone). Unfortunately with the COVID-19 situation this last batch was delayed in getting here, it took about
a month just for shipping.

Thank you,

Shawn
/AH

cackland
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by cackland » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:26 pm

scragz wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:54 pm
jsco wrote:
It says "email us for availability" right on the page. That's how you get on the list. Their shopping cart software is straight outta 2002 >.>

You're in luck tho, since there is another batch dropping at 1PM PST on Monday!
Yeah, be waiting and ready to enter in your details as efficient as possible.

The first 50 sold out within under 5 mins.

Breezewax
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Breezewax » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:32 pm

witchonhorseback wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:19 pm
I love how we all bit our tongues and kept our hands off the keyboard after Shawn's email arrived yesterday 😂

I did manage to get one! Looking forward to giving it a spin.
Same, I was surprised I actually got one tbh, absolutely love Happy Nerding modules this will be the 5th one :guinness:
Was very happy to see the email from Shawn and have always had a great experience ordering from AH

black_label
Common Wiggler

Post by black_label » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:51 pm

I'm surprised I was able to get one. I was also a little shocked to see they were all gone 5 minutes later when I refreshed the page.

black_label
Common Wiggler

Post by black_label » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:53 pm

schism wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:08 pm
jsco wrote:
There was no "unofficial waiting list". FX Aid modules were purchased through the website like all others.
Everyone had the same opportunity to buy one if they were quick enough, it doesn't matter if they asked about it a week ago
or a month ago. Not much else to do when you have limited stock and 100s of people asking, imo its the most fair way.
I didn't want to take pre-orders 2 or 3 months in advance and be sitting on people's money especially if things happened like a lost
shipment, a shipment held by customs, cancelled orders etc. I guarantee after 2+ months I'd get cancelled orders and I'd be stuck with
the fees because Paypal no longer refunds fees. The majority of today's orders were made with Paypal.

Someone will always miss out and get upset...I am sorry...but keep in mind if there was a waiting list many people had probably
asked before you already so they may have been reserved anyway. I didn't want to go that route. Yesterday I spent a lot of time emailing 150+ people who has previously emailed me about the pre-order coming up on Friday and explaining they'd sell quick. These emails dated back to when the last batch sold out end of January. Probably I missed someone, but I was pretty thorough. I never made any promises about who would get one.

One day supply will catch up with demand. Happy Nerding is working on another batch of 100 for us. They should be ready in about a month
(an estimate- do not write it in stone). Unfortunately with the COVID-19 situation this last batch was delayed in getting here, it took about
a month just for shipping.

Thank you,

Shawn
/AH
I thought it was a nice, fair and equitable way to do it. Hopefully supply catches up with demand soon!

SavageMessiah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SavageMessiah » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:47 pm

I want another one of these but I'll wait for later in the year when the initial demand hopefully dies down. Mine stays on blackhole reverb most of the time right now so I need another one to do all the other things it can do :omg:

scragz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scragz » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:53 pm

Breezewax wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:32 pm
absolutely love Happy Nerding modules this will be the 5th one :guinness:
I have five as well and try to recommend Happy Nerding whenever VCAs or utility modules come up since those double knobs are so efficient. Weirdly underrated brand IMO, maybe if they had more distribution besides just Scheinders and Analogue Haven they would be more popular.

Tonefloat01
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Tonefloat01 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:56 pm

I was on the AH website for ten minutes before the restock went live refreshing the page every 10 seconds or so until it popped up and I got one! 😎👍
One of the only times where doing this actually paid off... :guinness:
The space you occupy determines the time that you live in.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”