WMD Crucible

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

ggillon
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ggillon » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:52 pm

Crucible is a resonator. Just feed it anything and have fun :)

Funky40
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Funky40 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:09 pm

......and don´t forget to feed Rings with Crucible.
works also ;)

goes now to learn how to feed a crucible, haha
For sale:........it won´t sell, so i stopp bother you ;)

Parnelli
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Parnelli » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:17 pm

Feed it anything indeed!

I had a chance to mess around with it before I left for work a couple hours this morning. I found that by introducing FM from either the STE.16 or Wogglebug to the input allowed me to extend the shimmer of the decay in a ringing or gong like fashion depending on what you feed it frequency wise.

For gong sounds I start the plate setting with the size at 3 o'clock and the pitch at 9 and cv the decay for sustain, by putting FM to the input I can get the shimmer or roll of the gong.

As was discussed on an earlier page the velocity has to be triggered smartly in order to keep up with events, but I also found that patching a Tetrapad fader into it gave me a nice volume control, and if you up the cv it gets louder at the output than if you do not use it, think of it as a VCA control with a little amplification if you will.

I also ran a couple stackables from the trigger inputs to the inputs of a couple EGs, and used the resulting envelopes on the various cv inputs for some real interesting effects.

All and all there's a lot of territory to explore on this module, and you can push it all the way into outer space if you try. :tu:

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Zymos wrote:Wow, that sounds really cool ggillon!!
Ditto. Back to the top of my wish list. The first bit sounded like a Rhodes piano. Nice work.
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

pyrolator
Learning to Wiggle

Post by pyrolator » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:56 am

Zymos wrote:Wow, that sounds really cool ggillon!!
Same here. I was using it mostly for cymbals, but now I am getting back to it, finding proper input feeds... :hihi:

Bob Borries
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Bob Borries » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:22 am

ggillon wrote:Here is the test (feeding some FM sounds in the crucible input).
That sounds like an incredibly ancient bell from the Temple of space and time.

bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: WMD Crucible

Post by bemushroomed » Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:59 pm

I've had this for a while, really great and natural sounding cymbal/HH sound! It's way ahead of for example my Nord Drum 2 when it comes to these types of sounds.

I do think its kind of a missed opportunity to not have model 2 to be something more dissimilar to the first, while it has a slightly more "sizzle" to it on some settings i don't think its different enough, it would even be hard to hear the difference in a mix..
Mode 3 is fun and very, very different, perhaps not as useful as the first model but i really like it.

Would have liked if the external input went through the vca/envelope as well, would have saved people from the additional patching (for e.g a pure noise source). The SSF Percusion Synth did it like that, so i used the external in a lot, it was also possible to turn off the internal sound, here it's stacked, not always optimal.

I wish someone would do a module like this but the real focus is external sound. Way more fun to be had here than with for example a filter, because you have things like pitch, which a filter obviously does not give you. I'd buy a module like that in a heartbeat, something like a mix of this and SSF Perc Synth, but focus is external sound sources, 2 inputs at least, one where the sound can be delayed (important for snares, claps). I'm sure someone will make such a module one day, if its not something that already exists?

transferpoint
butt-hole

Post by transferpoint » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:08 pm

This is the next module on my list. I didn't realize you could use it as a resonator. Very exciting.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:32 pm

Finally received a Crucible. They were out of stock everywhere (seemingly) for quite a while. I just plugged it in and used a ProMod Cloq into a Mutable Branches and fed the Branches outs to the Bell Edge and Mid inputs on the Crucible. Instant jam.

Just 12 o'clocked a few parameters out of the box, thought... 'use Branches' and instant nice little ditty. Going to add Grids with Chimera, Tiptop HATS 909, various Snares (EMW/2HP/Tiptop) and mix in homebrew patches from EMW Noisestation and VCA's to create an evolving steel symphony. Might use my Roland TR-08 as a voice and main clock with 4MS QCD instead of Cloq.

Love the Industrial possibilities with a nice string machine and treated vocals.

Stoked to finally get something I've been jonesing for for so long.
FS: Pedals and Euro modules, Delta Labs
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=233636&p=3287718&h ... e#p3287718
WTT: my Mangler for your Rumour

Return to “Eurorack Modules”