Order of Cwejman MMF-1s from schneidersladen

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

gummyboy
Wiggling with Experience

Order of Cwejman MMF-1s from schneidersladen

Post by gummyboy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:12 am

HI !!!

I received re-stock alarm email and ordered Cwejman MMF-1s.
All buying process went through well..so did my credit card too.
I ordered on 6/26/18.
I received confirmation email and can see the order at my account page.
Order no. is 100017403. If anyone from schneidersladen see this writing, please check for me.

After that, I didn't get any news from them. So I email'ed them 4 times and no answer yet. Under my account page, status is still processing.
I found out recently my card wasn't charged after checking with credit card company.

That was my first time buying from them. This is their usual way to deal with customer? I kinda don't understand.
I think I need some explanation at least.

I feel so pity myself that I was so happy when I got the restock alarm email and so rushing to pay for it before someone took it.

loydb
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by loydb » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:57 am

If they oversold their allocation, you will never be charged, you will never get the module, and they'll never answer your emails.

That's what they did to me on my PH-8 at least...

gummyboy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gummyboy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:03 am

I see.....They will never do anything....Good to know.

2disbetter
Ultra Wiggler

Post by 2disbetter » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:55 am

Yeah, they seem to get swamped. I've ordered things from them, and until I've called them up and asked about it, it didn't go anywhere.

Not impressed, but Germany doesn't really have customer service so kind of expected.

Edit: I'll caveat this by mentioning that it was always for sub 75 euro purchases. I've never purchased anything of significant value from Schneiders.
Last edited by 2disbetter on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

uebl
Wiggling with Experience

Post by uebl » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:39 am

I have to jump in here and say that Schneider's always replied to my emails within 1 or 2 days (most of which were about expected availability or canceling preorders).

hemeroscopium
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hemeroscopium » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:26 am

I've always received 24h response from Schneider's.
An allusion to a place that exists only in our mind, in our senses, that is ever-changing and mutable, but is nonetheless real. It is delimited by the references of the horizon, by the physical limits, defined by light, and it happens in time.

Corrupt
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Corrupt » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:58 am

Same. Always very responsive and friendly with it.

seychmar
Common Wiggler

Post by seychmar » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:19 am

Same here. I have bought a great deal of my modular stuff from Schneiders and the service has always been great. Highly recommended.

x2mirko
Veteran Wiggler

Post by x2mirko » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:34 am

+1 on great service from schneiders. Bought there many, many times over the last ten years, had a few repairs and returns done and throughout the ~100 mails we've exchanged so far, they've always been very responsive. It does sometimes take a day or two for them to answer to mails and I once had to poke them again about an issue because a mail got lost somewhere in their process, but I'd say that's still very good for a relatively small operation. :despair:

strawberry
Common Wiggler

Post by strawberry » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:27 pm

Schneider's have always been responsive and helpful. No problems at all.

LowOver
Common Wiggler

Post by LowOver » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:32 pm

i buy nearly all my stuff from them for the last 10 years ,never got problems...always very helpful and friendly...
i think the modules didn´t arrive till today , long waiting on cwejman modules is nothing new...it´s a one man (and his wife) company who takes all the time to deliver perfectly built and calibrated stuff...and he desides when he will send them out...so my advice : just be patient 8-)

lud
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lud » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:16 pm

The plot thickens...

neonmercury1
Wiggling with Experience

Post by neonmercury1 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:49 pm

I also will say schnieder's is my go to here in germany and i have had nothing but good interactions with them and my preorders and waitlists. Have you tried phoning them?

gummyboy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gummyboy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:15 am

........ :confused: then I am wondering why some people including me were treated different than some people... Is this just because Cwejman module related?????

etherline
Wiggling with Experience

Post by etherline » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:24 am

LowOver wrote:..it´s a one man (and his wife) company who takes all the time to deliver perfectly built and calibrated stuff...
Without wishing to be argumentative that's not strictly true. He makes great modules but his quality control is not *perfect*. Generally well built and normally well calibrated, certainly - but perfect, not. That would suggest that he has never shipped a faulty module which would be untrue.

It's fine to respect his work (which I do) but perpetuating a myth doesn't help with high demand already far outstripping supply.

robotsounds
Common Wiggler

Post by robotsounds » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:36 pm

I did have an order for an RG-6 go through after an alert email and my card was charged so I thought the order would be completed. A day or so later they contacted me and told me they didn't have enough stock to complete my order. I was annoyed to say the least and they refunded my credit card.

Several weeks later they contacted me and said my order was ready to complete, I repaid and they sent me the RG-6 - so good follow up.

You have to be very quick when you get the alert emails.

gummyboy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gummyboy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:19 am

robotsounds wrote: Several weeks later they contacted me and said my order was ready to complete, I repaid and they sent me the RG-6 - so good follow up.
:yay: :yay: :yay:

InteBra
Common Wiggler

Post by InteBra » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:49 am

No probs with Schneiders. Most recently I got a Natural Gate from them. First there was a charge from the card just to make shure there was money on it. Then the money was back on my account until the module was available and sent to me.

gummyboy
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gummyboy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:24 pm

I might get one then... :yay: :yay: :yay:

loydb
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by loydb » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:00 am

It wouldn't shock me if it was location based -- euro gets better service because that's their prime market.

I've had a couple of good buys from them as well -- but the PH-8 still pisses me off.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”