THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, lisa

TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: THE SPACE CASE TE-2 - Eurorack / Standalone Echo + Tape Unit

Post by TemplarK » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:35 pm

cscairney wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:12 pm
I currently live in a porta-potty so the knowledge that some day soon I will live in a house in a beautiful country gives me strength.
Is the porta-potti lucky enough to randomly spawn at all the great festivals or is it more a building site porta-potty. Asking for a friend XD

Kattefjaes
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kattefjaes » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:40 pm

misterphoneman wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:43 am
I mentioned this earlier in the thread but if I had any input in this project, I would’ve been all for the Amish approach lol and rounded up every able body in the community to help get this house built! As the old saying goes, it takes a village…
Ah, another enthusiast for the Mythical Man Month, I see :sstorm:

revtor
Dialing it in..

Post by revtor » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:48 pm

Whenever this goddamn house gets finished I’m gonna have a fucking house party, that’s all I know.
Fellow North Jersey Synthaholic

TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by TemplarK » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:05 pm

revtor wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:48 pm
Whenever this goddamn house gets finished I’m gonna have a fucking house party, that’s all I know.
HOUSE PARTY :party:

rattnik
Learning to Wiggle

Post by rattnik » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:13 am

Please Guys - Cool it ! Let's all hope that Jim succeeds in finalizing and delivering this product. It will be totally Awesome! The tape delay market is still defined by the Roland Space Echo line of models - almost 50 years old. None of them had CV. My 40+ years old Korg SE-500 Stage Echo has 3 CV's, and that's still extraordinary. T-Rex ported their guitar tape-delay to Euro Rack, but missed the point and the opportunity, by only supplying it with two ! CV's - and a proprietary tape format. The T-2 works with standard cassettes, has - sorry - will have loads of modulation options, optimized for integration with both Eurorack and studio equipment, and Jim included lots of new functions proposed from this forum when it was till positive, creative and inspiring.

When I paid my $1,200 I had no illusions whatsoever about this not being a difficult and risky task - but it is still so exciting, that I have no problems with taking that risk, to help this fantastic piece of equipment to materialize. Small money compared to what I since 1977 have shelled out for crappy products from well established large corporations, not to mention HW depending on drivers or special SW which suddenly is not supported anymore.

There is NOTHING like the T-2 out there - not even Uli, who copies everything else has announced any kind of copycat ;-) product.
Whining will not help this product being shipped - SO - if there are more people like me, who has followed this thread without participating in the discussions, but are now fed up with all the negativity - speak up about your faith in this product. Even if it should fail - the attempt to make it happen is Heroic !
Greetings from Denmark
Niklas

Estes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Estes » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:00 pm

rattnik wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:13 am
Please Guys - Cool it ! Let's all hope that Jim succeeds in finalizing and delivering this product. It will be totally Awesome! The tape delay market is still defined by the Roland Space Echo line of models - almost 50 years old. None of them had CV. My 40+ years old Korg SE-500 Stage Echo has 3 CV's, and that's still extraordinary. T-Rex ported their guitar tape-delay to Euro Rack, but missed the point and the opportunity, by only supplying it with two ! CV's - and a proprietary tape format. The T-2 works with standard cassettes, has - sorry - will have loads of modulation options, optimized for integration with both Eurorack and studio equipment, and Jim included lots of new functions proposed from this forum when it was till positive, creative and inspiring.

When I paid my $1,200 I had no illusions whatsoever about this not being a difficult and risky task - but it is still so exciting, that I have no problems with taking that risk, to help this fantastic piece of equipment to materialize. Small money compared to what I since 1977 have shelled out for crappy products from well established large corporations, not to mention HW depending on drivers or special SW which suddenly is not supported anymore.

There is NOTHING like the T-2 out there - not even Uli, who copies everything else has announced any kind of copycat ;-) product.
Whining will not help this product being shipped - SO - if there are more people like me, who has followed this thread without participating in the discussions, but are now fed up with all the negativity - speak up about your faith in this product. Even if it should fail - the attempt to make it happen is Heroic !
Greetings from Denmark
Niklas
The greetings made me suspicious so I had to google it.
https://denmark.dk/people-and-culture/happiness

Thorsday
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Thorsday » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:40 pm

rattnik wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:13 am
Greetings from Denmark
Niklas
Greetings, Niklas. Cool avatar. Synth Tech modular levels should be able to be processed through TE-2 without any problems. That is another aspect of this machine. Even Moogerfoogers clip like shiza from modular levels. TE-2 is definitely going to be special.

bkbirge
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re:

Post by bkbirge » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:58 pm

bkbirge wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:43 pm
It would be nice to hear some more demos of the unit as it's hitting the home stretch. As much as I love this demo, and it got me to pre-order, it's getting kind of long in the tooth...
LOL @ myself thinking a year ago we were close to release. Between these guys and Stam Audio I've finally learned my lesson about preorders. Never again.

Modular & Dork Rock:
https://bkbirge.bandcamp.com/
Racks:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/88730
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/89177
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/379579

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." ~ Puck, 1903

rattnik
Learning to Wiggle

Post by rattnik » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:49 am

Estes wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi Estes - I'm actually from Sweden - but living in Denmark for a long time ;-)

Estes
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Estes » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:21 am

rattnik wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:49 am
Estes wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi Estes - I'm actually from Sweden - but living in Denmark for a long time ;-)
I hoped you didn't took my comment too serious. :goo:

revtor
Dialing it in..

Post by revtor » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:05 pm

First Pcbs in..... 3 weeks!??

Gringo Starr
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Re:

Post by Gringo Starr » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:14 pm

bkbirge wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:58 pm
bkbirge wrote:
It would be nice to hear some more demos of the unit as it's hitting the home stretch. As much as I love this demo, and it got me to pre-order, it's getting kind of long in the tooth...
LOL @ myself thinking a year ago we were close to release. Between these guys and Stam Audio I've finally learned my lesson about preorders. Never again.
What synth are you using with this?

Thorsday
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Thorsday » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:38 pm

Such a positive update... Over the big hump, and chugging to the light at the end of the tunnel... USA! America...

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:40 pm

So if everything is in progress like it seems now it could have been possible the all pcb are inhouse by end of the year.
> WTB ADDAC502 <

www.stefanrudin.bandcamp.com / www.soundcloud.com/stefan_rudin / www.youtube.com/user/slumberknut

Carefully crafted dj set meandering between deep house, minimal and electro.

revtor
Dialing it in..

Post by revtor » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:07 am

Gringo, I believe it’s an SH2. That may also explain why the filters chosen for Te2 are Roland based. ( besides the fact that they just sound great )

All pcbs by the end of the year even if just first revs would be great. Lots of layout and design to go though!!
Gringo Starr wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:14 pm
bkbirge wrote:
bkbirge wrote:
/

cscairney
Wiggling with Experience

Post by cscairney » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:13 am

Yeah, good news!

Kattefjaes
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kattefjaes » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:15 am

Deleted, never mind :)

TemplarK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by TemplarK » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:27 pm

revtor wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:07 am
Gringo, I believe it’s an SH2. That may also explain why the filters chosen for Te2 are Roland based. ( besides the fact that they just sound great )

All pcbs by the end of the year even if just first revs would be great. Lots of layout and design to go though!!
Gringo Starr wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:14 pm
bkbirge wrote:
bkbirge wrote:
/
No i don't think thats a SH2 in that video, looks more like some yamaha or something, the SH2 doesn't have octave and percussive names below the knobs, sounds great though!

Also, great news that the PCB's are moving along, nice update can't wait to finally see the first test pcb's getting some, well, testing xD!!!

revtor
Dialing it in..

Post by revtor » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:40 pm

TemplarK wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:27 pm
revtor wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:07 am

[/quote]

No i don't think thats a SH2 in that video, looks more like some yamaha or something, the SH2 doesn't have octave and percussive names below the knobs, sounds great though!

Also, great news that the PCB's are moving along, nice update can't wait to finally see the first test pcb's getting some, well, testing xD!!!
[/quote]

Yeah Templar, you are right. I’ve seen SH2 numerous times on their Instagram page and just figured that was it... So once again, I drill down into their Instagram page and listen to every demo and refresh my excitement for this upcoming masterpiece.

Zifor
Common Wiggler

Post by Zifor » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:43 pm

Glad to see the project moving on well. I’d say hold fire yet. The first revision is rarely perfect. Might take a batch or two to get right. But glad it’s moving in the right direction now.
Maggots Gnawing Leppers Toes

scragz
Wiggling with Experience

Post by scragz » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:56 pm

If the PCBs are ordered does that mean we can unlock this thread?

revtor
Dialing it in..

Post by revtor » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:26 pm

Yeah I think we could unlock it. Who knows we may even get a post or two about patching ideas or tape in general?!?!!

misterphoneman
Common Wiggler

Post by misterphoneman » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:12 pm

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, I really do. But man, this still feels like we're at the "What color are we painting the master bedroom?" phase of the house build. I'd honestly be surprised if anyone gets an actual package sitting on their doorstep before summer of 2021.

slumberjack
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slumberjack » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:18 am

misterphoneman wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:12 pm
I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, I really do. But man, this still feels like we're at the "What color are we painting the master bedroom?" phase of the house build. I'd honestly be surprised if anyone gets an actual package sitting on their doorstep before summer of 2021.
I think that is a reasonable timespan if everything is moving along as it should but with everything we know about 'the complexivity' of this house it can easly turn into end of 2021. I mean if the Scots may leave the empire to got back into EU god knows what's going to happen with our costal retirement investment.
> WTB ADDAC502 <

www.stefanrudin.bandcamp.com / www.soundcloud.com/stefan_rudin / www.youtube.com/user/slumberknut

Carefully crafted dj set meandering between deep house, minimal and electro.

revtor
Dialing it in..

Post by revtor » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:35 am

Right, Slumber... I hope no more contractor shifting, especially now since the framing of the cottage is apparently underway.
Summer 2021 would be great. I would be very surprised if it happened any earlier.

Super slowdown of cassette, pitch keeps getting lower... eventually into CV territory? I’m assuming this will be set to block dc (cap on output). But if it’s not..? Could we record cv’s? As long as we kept our signals in the correct range in to the tape, we could boost them on the way out.
??

Return to “Eurorack Modules”