Intellijel Tetrapad

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, lisa, Kent, Joe.

MossGarden
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Intellijel Tetrapad

Post by MossGarden » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:16 am

peachesandbacon wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:55 am
Ive got a Tete arriving tomorrow to pair with my Tetrapad. And the main reason I bought it was to replace my voltage block and get some sweet cv sequencing done.

What mode do I need to be in to do the voltage block thing?
Voltages

peachesandbacon
Common Wiggler

Post by peachesandbacon » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:21 am

Brilliant. Thank you.

I've also seen people mention it can be used like Rene.
How is this possible?

SavageMessiah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SavageMessiah » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:07 am

You can set two of the CV destinations to X and Y clocks or CV.

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:25 pm

MossGarden wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:16 am
peachesandbacon wrote:
Ive got a Tete arriving tomorrow to pair with my Tetrapad. And the main reason I bought it was to replace my voltage block and get some sweet cv sequencing done.

Voltages
How would voltages mode enable you to replicate voltage block functionality?

I would have thought the module’s function would more closely resemble voltage block if you used it in combo mode and recorded looped gestures on the fader mode?
Formerly 'Raven_Martin' on Muffwiggler
'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music' - Nietzsche

https://carrouselmusic.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/carrousel_uk

MossGarden
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MossGarden » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:26 pm

Carrousel wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:25 pm
MossGarden wrote:
peachesandbacon wrote:

Voltages

I would have thought the module’s function would more closely resemble voltage block if you used it in combo mode and recorded looped gestures on the fader mode?
voltages mode gives you up to 16 banks of 8 voltage values you can sequence through

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:49 am

MossGarden wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:26 pm
Carrousel wrote:
MossGarden wrote:
peachesandbacon wrote:

Voltages

voltages mode gives you up to 16 banks of 8 voltage values you can sequence through
This gives you access to more voltages, yeah, but you wouldn’t be able to program it in the rapid way that you can with the voltage block. I assumed the poster meant being able to ride the fader and record the movements, though perhaps I’m wrong!
'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music' - Nietzsche

peachesandbacon
Common Wiggler

Post by peachesandbacon » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:45 am

Carrousel wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:49 am
MossGarden wrote:
Carrousel wrote:
MossGarden wrote:
peachesandbacon wrote:

Voltages

This gives you access to more voltages, yeah, but you wouldn’t be able to program it in the rapid way that you can with the voltage block. I assumed the poster meant being able to ride the fader and record the movements, though perhaps I’m wrong!
To be honest, that's exactly what I meant.
So combo mode recording and overdubbing looping gestures by the sound of things yes?

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:01 am

peachesandbacon wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:45 am
Carrousel wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:49 am
MossGarden wrote:
Carrousel wrote:
MossGarden wrote:
peachesandbacon wrote:

Voltages

To be honest, that's exactly what I meant.
So combo mode recording and overdubbing looping gestures by the sound of things yes?

I don’t have Tete and Tetrapad myself but from what I understand about them I reckon so, yeah. Set loop length to the number of clock pulses you want to record for, then hit the rec button and jam on the fader. There seems to be various settings for overdubbing and I’m sure you can record one fader at a time, before moving on and not losing what you’ve already done.

100000bps
Common Wiggler

Post by 100000bps » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:55 pm

I don't know if this request has been made - could we have Tete have Touch A & Touch B in voltages mode ? Effectively splitting tetra in 2 parts ?
Touch A would gate 1-4, Touch B would gate 5-8.

peachesandbacon
Common Wiggler

Post by peachesandbacon » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:02 am

Loving the Tete / Tetrapad combo.

I'm wondering if it's possible to loop in time with the euclidean pattern?

I'm clocking Tete from Pams, but currently the looper just seems to set the loop rate in milliseconds, not divisions of the pattern so it never loops perfectly at the end of the pattern. I'm sure this is possible, but it's such a deep pair of modules now, it's hard to know just how much it can do.

Xtheunknown
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Xtheunknown » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:03 am

When in voltages mode on Tete, can you load a new sequence while the current one is playing and then have a seamless transition to the newly loaded sequence once the current sequence has been completed?

Xtheunknown
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Xtheunknown » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:22 pm

Xtheunknown wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:03 am
When in voltages mode on Tete, can you load a new sequence while the current one is playing and then have a seamless transition to the newly loaded sequence once the current sequence has been completed?
Does anyone know the answer?

Dibek
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Dibek » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:37 am

Xtheunknown wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:22 pm
Xtheunknown wrote:
That´s not possible, the sequencer on the the Tete stops when you load a saved sequence.

Xtheunknown
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Xtheunknown » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:36 pm

Dibek wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:37 am
Xtheunknown wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:22 pm
Xtheunknown wrote:
That´s not possible, the sequencer on the the Tete stops when you load a saved sequence.
Thanks so much for the answer.

A little disappointing, although the sequencer and looper loop window capability and long sequence length help to mitigate this limitation.
Last edited by Xtheunknown on Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Octognoma
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Octognoma » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:25 am

Hope someone can help here . . . am i missing something?
Is there a way using the sequencer modes in notes mode to record in Long sustained notes?
I know that you can adjust the length using the dial from 25% up to 75% and Tie , also programming in spaces between the notes. and changing the clock rate also works to a degree.

But is there a way to just record this in in a live context having it lock into a loop straight after? without having to adjust clock rates?

Everytime a pad it touched it locks in as a new note, but sustaining that note does not register when being recorded.

SavageMessiah
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SavageMessiah » Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:54 pm

Use the looper instead of the sequencer?

Supervillain
Common Wiggler

Post by Supervillain » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:26 am

Hey,

Just got Myself a Tete + Tetrapad combo

Maybe it’s been discussed already but I have a problem...
I want to use the modules as quad cv looping.
In combo mode, with everything setup correctly (looper sync : on / loop length : 64 / external clock / loopy : off) when I plug a clock from my sequencer in the clock Input of Tete it restart the loop at the beginning, resulting in a very short loop... but what I want Is a 64 beat loop!
Am I doing something wrong?

osten
Learning to Wiggle

Post by osten » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:30 am

I have a question regarding the Tete,
is it possible to break out of the loop using an external trigger? I'd like to control tete with another sequencer but want to keep it all synced

xcc
Wiggling with Experience

Post by xcc » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:45 am

Supervillain wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:26 am
Hey,

In combo mode, with everything setup correctly (looper sync : on / loop length : 64 / external clock / loopy : off) when I plug a clock from my sequencer in the clock Input of Tete it restart the loop at the beginning, resulting in a very short loop... but what I want Is a 64 beat loop!
Is the clock input light going super fast? Can you try slowing down the incoming clock? The Tete seems to want somewhere around 2-4ppq (I forget which).

Supervillain
Common Wiggler

Post by Supervillain » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:05 am

xcc wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:45 am
Supervillain wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:26 am
Hey,

Is the clock input light going super fast? Can you try slowing down the incoming clock? The Tete seems to want somewhere around 2-4ppq (I forget which).
Thanks for the help, I'm clocking it from a westlicht performer and when i hold the metronome button on Tete is displays the correct BPM. I think the colock division is ok

peachesandbacon
Common Wiggler

Post by peachesandbacon » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:55 pm

i'm also having a problem getting loops perfectly in sync. I have looper sync on, but the display only shows the loop lenght in milliseconds (ms) which seems counter intuative to syncing a loop with a clock / bars / beats / divisions etc.

What am I doing wrong?

OHEXOH
Common Wiggler

Post by OHEXOH » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:47 pm

peachesandbacon wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:55 pm
i'm also having a problem getting loops perfectly in sync. I have looper sync on, but the display only shows the loop lenght in milliseconds (ms) which seems counter intuative to syncing a loop with a clock / bars / beats / divisions etc.

What am I doing wrong?
There's a difference between the Looper and Loopy. Looper works in Beats (when synced) and Loopy works in MS within the Looper.
Gear for sale (Reverb): https://bit.ly/2Sb90oc

ima_jrk
Common Wiggler

Post by ima_jrk » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:30 pm

I just got my Tete and Tetrapad yesterday and am super excited! One problem though is that there is a rather pronounced bubble / bump / ridge under lanes 3 and 4.

Spoke with my dealer this morning and they said all of the ones they have in stock have some form of this bubble. Looking at photos and having read this thread I believe this is a defect. I read this whole thread and only found 1 reference to a bubble related to adhesive backing.

My dealer is going to contact Intellijel on my behalf but I wanted to ask the wigglers to get their opinion. Even better if someone can walk me through if they found a way to fix it.

Thanks in advance!
1BDC9D1A-37A7-471E-BD2A-1AC5243B19C0.jpeg
Last edited by ima_jrk on Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evileye0702
Ultra Wiggler

Post by evileye0702 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:43 pm

ima_jrk wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:30 pm
Just got my Tete and Tetrapad yesterday and am super excited! One problem though is that there is a rather pronounced bubble / bump / ridge under lanes 3 and 4 (see here https://imgur.com/a/ds4e2sf ).

Spoke with my dealer this morning and they said all of the ones they have in stock have some form of this bubble. Looking at photos and having read this thread I believe this is a defect. I read this whole thread and only found 1 reference to a bubble related to adhesive backing.

My dealer is going to contact Intellijel on my behalf but I wanted to ask the wigglers to get their opinion. Even better if someone can walk me through if they found a way to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Zero bubbles on mine but it is from the first batch. I think I'd insist on getting this fixed as the whole point is to have a uniform surface.

TechForze
Common Wiggler

Post by TechForze » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:40 am

Has anybody connected 2 Tetrepads on the Tete, it should be possible (since there are 2 connectors).
I cannot find any information about this, even no mention about it in the manual.
Did I miss something, is it possible?
Current racks / trade: ModularGrid

Return to “Eurorack Modules”