New Pamela's Workout or personal mod?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

eBerkhout
Common Wiggler

New Pamela's Workout or personal mod?

Post by eBerkhout » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:45 pm

Enviously looking at all the stuff online from Machines in Music and saw this little post where you can see a slightly wider -- maybe 12hp all up? -- Pamela's Workout. Looks like it's for built in din sync, considering the jacks, but it also has more outputs. 12!!! Pam 2.0 incoming...?

atrostor
Veteran Wiggler

Post by atrostor » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:52 pm

Ha! It says "Pamela's NEW Workout" on it. Interesting...

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:54 pm

Interesting. If the noise issues are gone I'd love to have one of those back in my system!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

adh82
Wiggling with Experience

Post by adh82 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:13 pm

Wow! It almost looks like an expander!
Would be really cool to get an expander with more outs and a firmware update to run it all!

Spec_g
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Spec_g » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:28 pm

adh82
Wiggling with Experience

Post by adh82 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:42 am

That's definitely an expander. Hope it works with the original pams workout. And I hope it's dinsyc with the addition of clock out from pams

lohacker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by lohacker » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:47 am

seems like a new revision with an expander, it has 4 inputs in the top part instead of regulars 3 (Clk, Run, CV1, CV2?)

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:55 am

That retro screen seems longer too....
Formerly 'Raven_Martin' on Muffwiggler
'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music' - Nietzsche

https://carrouselmusic.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/carrousel_uk

aroom
Ultra Wiggler

Post by aroom » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:12 am

^^ it is. check the original module :

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:50 am

Screen looks more like an OLED now, instead of the vintage calculator type display.

If I can make it up there today, I'll try to get more details. I'm assuming the expander is midi/sync in with typical run/reset/clock outputs.

They both look like they use the same leds as the original so hopefully they're better isolated from the power. Unless it was the vintage screen that was causing the noise issues.
FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:35 am

Curious what the fourth input is about - regarding the issues, I never had any.

erstlaub
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by erstlaub » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:04 am

I've never had any issues with V1 either and I freaking love it, it seems like such an underrated module these days, I'm surprised at the amount of folks that have gone for a Tempi over Pam's given just how much more and useful her features are.

At a guess I reckon the two CV ins might well be assignable to whatever you like so divisions on one channel and skips on another or similar, to be honest I've never really used the existing inputs much at all as I prefer to keep it as my main clock and run other things from it.

The exapander could just be a more integrated version of the DSG maybe? http://busycircuits.com/alm004/

franman69
Veteran Wiggler

Post by franman69 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:56 am

wow.. can't believe I missed this yesterday.. Yes, looks like an expander. Love my Pams!!

lohacker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by lohacker » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:09 pm

erstlaub wrote:I've never had any issues with V1 either and I freaking love it, it seems like such an underrated module these days, I'm surprised at the amount of folks that have gone for a Tempi over Pam's given just how much more and useful her features are.
@erstlaub I'm curious, are you using it with a switching psu? These noise issues I'm reading here are keeping me away from getting this lovely module.

Summa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Summa » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:31 pm

franman69 wrote:wow.. can't believe I missed this yesterday.. Yes, looks like an expander. Love my Pams!!
it's not an expander

Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:11 pm

lohacker wrote:
erstlaub wrote:I've never had any issues with V1 either and I freaking love it, it seems like such an underrated module these days, I'm surprised at the amount of folks that have gone for a Tempi over Pam's given just how much more and useful her features are.
@erstlaub I'm curious, are you using it with a switching psu? These noise issues I'm reading here are keeping me away from getting this lovely module.
I used it in an old Make Noise Shared System and did not notice any noise.

erstlaub
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by erstlaub » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:28 pm

lohacker wrote:
A Doepfer LC6 with PSU2 and then a Doepfer DIY case, no noticeable noise with either for me.

lohacker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by lohacker » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:33 pm

@Leverkusen, @erstlaub
Thanks for the feedback guys :guinness:

Dark Barn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Dark Barn » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:38 pm

Summa wrote:
franman69 wrote:wow.. can't believe I missed this yesterday.. Yes, looks like an expander. Love my Pams!!
it's not an expander
It certainly looks like one in the photo. New Workout on the left, with DIN sync expander on the right. To me it makes more sense to release the DIN sync as an expander, since a portion of users won't use it. Just speculating.

And if I can speculate further, 96 ppq support would be nice. Are you listening Pamela?
I’ve been searchin’ for the dolphins in the sea

The Weak in Review - podcast in ((poetic_stere0)) Spotify YouTube

Summa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Summa » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Dark Barn wrote:
Summa wrote:
it's not an expander
It certainly looks like one in the photo. New Workout on the left, with DIN sync expander on the right. To me it makes more sense to release the DIN sync as an expander, since a portion of users won't use it. Just speculating.

And if I can speculate further, 96 ppq support would be nice. Are you listening Pamela?
well, look again

terrymccann
Common Wiggler

Post by terrymccann » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:19 pm

Better view of it here

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Summa wrote:
Dark Barn wrote:
Summa wrote:
it's not an expander

well, look again
Crossed wires I think.... There's clearly a new Pam module, but the DINsync section appears to be a separate new expander. May just be the pic, but I agree it makes sense to have this bit as expansion.
Formerly 'Raven_Martin' on Muffwiggler
'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music' - Nietzsche

https://carrouselmusic.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/carrousel_uk

erstlaub
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by erstlaub » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:51 pm

Shiiiiit, so that looks like it's going to be something like 8 tempo related modulations (or 10 if the expander is included in the production version) that will probably include gates/triggers?

Phew, that could be seriously handy.

geremyf
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by geremyf » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:22 pm

The din sync io and the 4 jacks below it are certainly on a different panel than the main 'new' workout. Even has its own screws to the rails. If it were a single unit there would be screws at the four corners.

brandonlogic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by brandonlogic » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:40 pm

terrymccann wrote:Better view of it here

intersting! what do you suppose "wave" is for? can be used as a clocked lfo?

Return to “Eurorack Modules”