xox sequencer with several input clocks?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

xox sequencer with several input clocks?

Post by Jaypee » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:12 am

Hello! :)

I'm a newbie coming from ITB (Ableton/push), I used to apply several shuffle to my drums and would like to do the same with my future modular sequencer.
Some sequencers can divide/mult the clock but haven't seen any that can accept several inputs.

I have to check if the A-157 can do it.

Anyone?

Cheers,
J-P

euromorcego
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by euromorcego » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:39 am

i assume i am not the only one who doesn't really understand the question ... but i'll give it a try:

you mean individual tracks with individual shuffle settings? There are a some sequencers, i think, that have microsteps, so you can program an individual shuffle (varigate for example).

But why would you need different clock inputs? It's modular ... so you would then just use two or more sequencers (quite some trigger sequencers are just 1-2 tracks anyway).

In general: do not expect a modular to behave as Ableton/Push. You won't have this kind of control, things are different. Please do not have a preconceived concept about what you want to do. If you want to do it like in Ableton, then stick to Ableton, no reason to involve a modular (or get expert sleepers or something similar).
If you want to go modular, just try to have an open mind and accept the limitations (compared to software, there are many ...), the results often are great but usually different from what you expect.

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:42 am

you mean individual tracks with individual shuffle settings? There are a some sequencers, i think, that have microsteps, so you can program an individual shuffle (varigate for example).

That's what I meant :)

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:58 am

To do this with sequencers that don't have swing, you use an LFO square wave as the clock set to say 1/8th note time with a narrow pulse width (maybe 25%). Send it to a multiple, and then send one out to a trigger delay like the Doepfer A-162 trigger delay. The original and delayed triggers then go to a trigger combiner like the Low-gain Electronics Short Bus or a switch such as the A-151 clocked by the original LFO square wave, and send the output of that to the clock in of the sequencer.

Return to “Eurorack Modules”