mungo c0

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

timoka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

mungo c0

Post by timoka » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:00 pm

from the mungo website:

c0

Combining a traditional bucket brigade delay with high performance computation allows realtime convolution under CV control.
Entirely digital in its implementation the delay lacks any of the artefacts commonly associated with bucket brigade devices and
includes an asynchronous sample rate convertor output for sharp low pass filtering.
The convolution allows instrument or room resonances from impulse responses to be applied to any signal, or production of arbitrary filter types.

and the picture in the userguide:

:deadbanana: :deadbanana:

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:22 pm

Woah. Never thought I'd see a convolution module.
Last edited by exper on Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549

FS/T Mackie QU-16C Digital Mixer/Interface: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=234471

FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=229687

Noha
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Noha » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:33 pm

c0ol! somewhat c0nfusing! most likely c0stly and c0mpletely unique sounding! c0ngratulations John on c0nvoluting our expectations yet again.

C14ru5
Wiggling with Experience

Post by C14ru5 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:37 pm

So, I guess I'll need four of these to get True Stereo impulse processing :moneyburn:

GNE
Wiggling with Experience

Post by GNE » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:29 pm

Wow... this looks really cool.
Having 7 other Mungo modules in my rack, it will probably be impossible to resist this one.

Looking forward to the audio / video demo.

Seems odd that you would need to remove the SD card in order to adjust the delay time???

Maybe I am not fully understanding. The manual reads like you would follow these steps to use the module.

1. insert the card to load the waveform by using the "load" button
2. remove the card
3. use the "load" button and zoom to adjust the delay time.

This means you would have to insert and remove the SD card every time you wish to add a new waveform and adjust the delay time. I wonder if the delay time stays set while loading new waveforms from the card. This way if you have a delay time you like, you can audition new sounds from the card without the need to remove the card each time.

digidandy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by digidandy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:31 am

This one needs some proper demos! Didn't think convolution would make it into eurorack, hope this could be it. Or at least a start.
My latest release, including vinyl!

FatRocky
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by FatRocky » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:39 am

:eek: :eek: :eek: good quality demos please,,,

lionelfischer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lionelfischer » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:40 pm

:woah: :hail:

acronym

Post by acronym » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:04 pm

:eek: :love:

Kummer
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Kummer » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:15 pm

Yeah I would really like to hear/see some demo's of this!
I AM THAT I AM

companyofquail
Veteran Wiggler

Post by companyofquail » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:44 pm

GNE wrote:Wow... this looks really cool.
Having 7 other Mungo modules in my rack, it will probably be impossible to resist this one.

Seems odd that you would need to remove the SD card in order to adjust the delay time???

Maybe I am not fully understanding. The manual reads like you would follow these steps to use the module.

2. remove the card

This means you would have to insert and remove the SD card every time you wish to add a new waveform and adjust the delay time. I wonder if the delay time stays set while loading new waveforms from the card. This way if you have a delay time you like, you can audition new sounds from the card without the need to remove the card each time.

if i had to guess this probably means that if you are using a sample from the sd card it will change the frequency of the sample and if you are not using an sd card it will change the frequency(time) of the delay?

Dofkev
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Dofkev » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:28 pm

companyofquail wrote:

2. remove the card

if i had to guess this probably means that if you are using a sample from the sd card it will change the frequency of the sample and if you are not using an sd card it will change the frequency(time) of the delay?
How does a button adjust delay time anyway?
The frequency of the file on the SD card is modulated by the frequency modulation input, and I assume that to be true if the card is in or not.
Is the delay time of the BBD set initially by the length of the sample, then pressing the button toggles polarity? It does say "adjust delay time up/down"?

Roy72
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Roy72 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:17 pm

Just to clarify is it an analog BBD module with digital control, or a digital implementation of a BBD? Is it just me (maybe it's Mungo :hmm: ) but the description leaves it a bit open to interpretation. However, this may not be important, i don't even understand what it is supposed to do.

akrylik
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by akrylik » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:35 pm

2. remove the card

Yes, we know you have 7 mungo modules in your rack! No need to tell us again and again and again. :lol:

akrylik
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by akrylik » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:37 pm

Roy72 wrote:Just to clarify is it an analog BBD module with digital control, or a digital implementation of a BBD? Is it just me (maybe it's Mungo :hmm: ) but the description leaves it a bit open to interpretation. However, this may not be important, i don't even understand what it is supposed to do.
The description says "Entirely digital implementation" and I would guess continues to use his FPGA backend.

spacessound
Wiggling with Experience

Post by spacessound » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:56 pm

exper wrote:Woah. Never thought I'd see a conviction module.
that's the Australian influence :party:

timoka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by timoka » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:44 am

yes, waiting for good demos. if this module does what i think it does then i really think that this might be my next mungo purchase!

GNE
Wiggling with Experience

Post by GNE » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:50 am

Yes, we know you have 7 mungo modules in your rack! No need to tell us again and again and again. lol
I'm not really bragging, just multiple attempts at establishing my superiority and elitism.

peripatitis

Post by peripatitis » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:25 am

GNE wrote:
Yes, we know you have 7 mungo modules in your rack! No need to tell us again and again and again. lol
I'm not really bragging, just multiple attempts at establishing my superiority and elitism.
It would be more effective if you were 'presenting' each module in a different post though :)

Interested about the convolution, not sure how reducing sampling rate would work nicely in that context though..

mbartkow
Veteran Wiggler

Post by mbartkow » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:56 am

The description is very promising, but cryptic at times. Particularly this: "variable slew rate applied to the linear frequency. Exponentially scalled". What is the meaning of that in the context of convolution?? :deadbanana:

exper
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by exper » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:09 pm

spacessound wrote:
exper wrote:Woah. Never thought I'd see a conviction module.
that's the Australian influence :party:

Haha. Darn autocorrect!!!
Current system:
http://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/5549

FS/T Mackie QU-16C Digital Mixer/Interface: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=234471

FS/T: Goike Folding Case / Grayscale Panels: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=229687

timoka
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by timoka » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:28 am

now there are three short audio demos online:
http://mungo.com.au/c0.html

:yay:

Bark
Common Wiggler

Post by Bark » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:24 am

Oh bugger. I think I need this. :help:

tbecker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by tbecker » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:18 am

mbartkow wrote:The description is very promising, but cryptic at times. Particularly this: "variable slew rate applied to the linear frequency. Exponentially scalled". What is the meaning of that in the context of convolution?? :deadbanana:
I am guessing that the input sampling frequency is convolved with the samples and so the slew rate would be how quickly the user is able to update that convolution process. Maybe we will get more information from Mungo on this thread.

jameswalk
Common Wiggler

Post by jameswalk » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:36 am

Looking forward to some walkthrough vids!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”