Buying eurorack @ juno.co.uk ?

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

mlip1974
Learning to Wiggle

Post by mlip1974 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:56 am

I'm in the UK, and I've used them several times. Fantastic next day delivery by 10am, and decent prices for the most part.

I've also had amazing experiences with Matttech Modular, Cymru Beats, and Rubadub.

I think the market is relatively small in the UK, and all of them offer very personalised and helpful services.

I asked Juno to let me know when Rings was back in stock, and lo and behold, the email arrived, I ordered, and it was with me the next morning.

pirxthepilot
Common Wiggler

Post by pirxthepilot » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:49 am

Anyone from the US have experience ordering there? Are the items subject to import duties?

Torn n Frayed
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Torn n Frayed » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:48 am

pirxthepilot wrote:Anyone from the US have experience ordering there? Are the items subject to import duties?
No; I ordered on Friday and stuff was at my door by Monday 12PM!! Insanely fast delivery!!!

ImNotDedYet
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ImNotDedYet » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:02 am

They're a great place to order from - even if you're in the states. I've ordered records and modules on multiple occasions all with no hassles and great shipment.

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:51 am

Support local dealers instead if possible. You don't wanna make it any easier than it already is for bigger business to trample over the local dealer scene. Especially with something like Eurorack where people who are new to the scene (and sometimes seasoned users too) will have very specific and nuanced questions about the gear. Matttech, Rubadub and London modular are all very helpful in this respect and a company like Juno just won't carry the same knowledge depth.
Formerly 'Raven_Martin' on Muffwiggler
'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music' - Nietzsche

https://carrouselmusic.bandcamp.com
https://soundcloud.com/carrousel_uk

guestt

Post by guestt » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:03 am

Raven_Martin wrote:... a company like Juno just won't carry the same knowledge depth.
You're not kidding... they know literally nothing, one guy I spoke to (bless him) couldn't even pronounce attenuverter :D

After that I stopped trying...

Then another huge +1 for Rubadub, they really are very very cool!!

But they are all nice really...

Finally... the exchange rates are totally blowing everything out of perspective at the moment, £300 for Maths? Yikes!! At those prices I am afraid all my loyalty and sense of supporting the little guy go out of the window because until I start getting 40% added onto my invoices (because I'm a little guy too!) it ain't happening I'll always buy from whomever gives the best deal :)

Of course as soon as folks do start paying me 40% more then I will be more than happy to pay 40% more for my modules!!

What... 40% you say? I am not exaggerating. I could have bought a module recently for £559 but I got it for £399 - sorry but I am not that rich or generous!! It was my second Elements by the way :)

kat
miss modular

Post by kat » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:40 am

my friend who goes to school in london is always posting about buying records from juno he seems to really like it

ben_hex
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ben_hex » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:42 am

One thing to bear in mind is the "race to the bottom". I know some modules have been selling with less than £20 of profit going to the shops. So I think we're seeing the exchange rates putting up prices significantly but also shops adjusting for what should have been some sort of sensible margin ages back anyway. So all of a sudden it hits the customers as one big rise.

I think generally across the UK nearly all stock at old prices has gone. Heard some great stories of savings in the past few weeks with people finding odd bits still around though :)
All DivKid video series to be found here!
http://www.youtube.com/divkidvideo

oootini
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by oootini » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:28 am

juno is about the best price you can get for gear buying from EU/Ireland at the moment IMO.

also they have a Click for better price! link on every listing. gets you £10 or so off the price.

oaklandzzzoo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by oaklandzzzoo » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:55 am

oootini wrote:juno is about the best price you can get for gear buying from EU/Ireland at the moment IMO.

also they have a Click for better price! link on every listing. gets you £10 or so off the price.
Not seeing that anywhere, so maybe not for the US.

Still probably the best place to buy cheap gear with the weak exchange right now. Saw the new waldorf kb37 hit $700 a few times.

Did just get hit with a customs tax warning though.

resynthesize
Wiggling with Experience

Post by resynthesize » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:09 pm

I've ordered 5 or 6 modules from juno lately (I'm in the US). Not sure if the USD/Pound exchange rate is extra favorable right now or what, but they've been by far the cheapest place to get a lot of modules. And if I order before 10AM pacific w/ fedex, it arrives NEXT DAY before 10AM. Amazing.

That said, I did just order a few modules from detroit modular over the weekend that have been out of stock at juno forever...

BillyB909
Common Wiggler

Post by BillyB909 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:20 pm

I've picked up a couple of bits from there because I can get them on the way back from work. Otherwise, prices OK, non-experts. Agree with the use your independent modular retailer piece but it kind of depends on what everyone has in stock on payday!

Bought an Optomix I didn't get on with (I know, but couldn't get rid of clicking on the vactrols) - they swapped it straight away.

Bear in mind that whilst they are not your independent modular shop, they are a long standing UK record shop that has supported the community for some time and not beatport, so I don't think fall into the 'evil' category... I've bought music from them for years.

phoric
Learning to Wiggle

Post by phoric » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:52 pm

I'm in the US and have placed two orders with them this year without any issues. With the exchange rate since Brexit, many modules are still priced approx. 0.7 * US dollar. Their module selection is on the low side but if they have something you need it can be a good way to save ~30%. But I also support small dealers local to me.

One order I had them ship via Fedex and it was here in two days. The last order I used the Royal First Class mail and it took 2 weeks, but I was in no hurry and it was only $4 for shipping two modules. Probably the way to go if you can deal with the no tracking # and the extra wait, and not negate the savings by spending it on shipping.

ImNotDedYet
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ImNotDedYet » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:29 am

I understand the use of the small, modular-specific shops, but many of those in the UK either don't have the modules I'm looking for, don't have the modules I'm looking for at the price with exchange rate that Juno had, (got close to $100 off of three different modules) or don't ship globally. When combined with the fact I buy records from Juno somewhat consistently, I just tag on a module here or there with some records to offset shipping costs. Typically I do order from smaller, modular-specific shops in the US. But with some of these prices, I couldn't resist.

And, as I said, I've never had any issues. They're a standup shop for records as well as hardware. I don't ever need to call and ask for help on anything, so their lack of knowledge doesn't really bother me.

geetee
Common Wiggler

Post by geetee » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:20 am

bought most of my modules from them and i buy all my records from them. they have very good prices, fast shipping. only had to write to them about an issue with the first module a bought, the atlantis. was not a biggie, but the pins on the pcb for connecting it to metropolis sequencer were bent. something i will probably never use and easy to fix, but they offered me a good discount at their store, or that i could sent it back to them (accepted the discount).

Avjr

Post by Avjr » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:47 am

Bought a few modules and other gear from them with no issues. A lot of records as well. Sometimes some great deals come up (lower prices+free shipping) and as much as i like to help the small brother i cannot pass the oportunitie to get stuff cheaper. Mind you, i make a lot of sacrifices ($$$) to be able to do the modular adventure so every penny counts.

They clearly don't know much about gear but are very helpful as much as they can. Once wanted to return a case just because i didn't like it and they did so no questions asked. Full refund.

Kubase
Common Wiggler

Post by Kubase » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:29 pm

Just ordered a Braids at £ 226 delivered, will be here in 16 hours somehow.

:sb:

Catflap
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Catflap » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:56 am

Been using Juno for years for vinyl. In the last year I have bought two large modular orders because the prices were too good to pass up. No problems whatsoever. They were shipping both orders to Spain as well without tracking. Both orders arrived within about 9 days. It's not the most personable of outlets but with those prices and my bank balance they have been the perfect option.

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:45 am

Buying vinyl and modules every months, no pb at all! great prices!
Check out the B stocks for even more great prices ;)

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Raven_Martin wrote:Support local dealers instead if possible. You don't wanna make it any easier than it already is for bigger business to trample over the local dealer scene. Especially with something like Eurorack where people who are new to the scene (and sometimes seasoned users too) will have very specific and nuanced questions about the gear. Matttech, Rubadub and London modular are all very helpful in this respect and a company like Juno just won't carry the same knowledge depth.
Gah....less than a month after this self righteous statement i'm a hypocrite. Really wanted a varigate 8 as a wee pre-Christmas present to myself. Have just finished selling stuff to afford it and its out of stock at all local dealers. Juno have it and further more if you ring them they're doing a lovely discount on it too. I feel so dirty....had to be done. :cry:
'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music' - Nietzsche

ImNotDedYet
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ImNotDedYet » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:59 am

Raven_Martin wrote:
Raven_Martin wrote:Support local dealers instead if possible. You don't wanna make it any easier than it already is for bigger business to trample over the local dealer scene. Especially with something like Eurorack where people who are new to the scene (and sometimes seasoned users too) will have very specific and nuanced questions about the gear. Matttech, Rubadub and London modular are all very helpful in this respect and a company like Juno just won't carry the same knowledge depth.
Gah....less than a month after this self righteous statement i'm a hypocrite. Really wanted a varigate 8 as a wee pre-Christmas present to myself. Have just finished selling stuff to afford it and its out of stock at all local dealers. Juno have it and further more if you ring them they're doing a lovely discount on it too. I feel so dirty....had to be done. :cry:
Kudos for admitting it. ;)

ben_hex
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ben_hex » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:43 am

Raven_Martin problem for the local guys and smaller shops is ordering enough stock. It's a big outlay and an expensive set of gear to have sitting around if it takes a while to shift. The "big boys" will always have more cash to throw around and storage space / time to shift it. I don't think you should feel dirty about odd purchases though.

The impression I get is people are either extremely loyal to one place or tend to just bounce around wherever has stuff, or wherever is cheaper.
All DivKid video series to be found here!
http://www.youtube.com/divkidvideo

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:10 pm

Raven_Martin wrote:...Really wanted a varigate 8 as a wee pre-Christmas present to myself. Have just finished selling stuff to afford it and its out of stock at all local dealers...
not ALL local dealers..... :hide:

... although, to be fair, it was out of stock yesterday when you bought yours!

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:58 pm

I'm in Australia and priced one of those ahj diode filters and it literally half the Australian retail.WTF? I have never ever bought anything from the uk due to the exchange rate so I'm not sure how they do it. Like Ben said I guess - just at the moment - it's a mixture of brexit and natural waxing/waning of international currencies

Carrousel
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Carrousel » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:02 pm

matttech wrote:
Raven_Martin wrote:...Really wanted a varigate 8 as a wee pre-Christmas present to myself. Have just finished selling stuff to afford it and its out of stock at all local dealers...
not ALL local dealers..... :hide:

... although, to be fair, it was out of stock yesterday when you bought yours!
If I'd known it was but a one day wait you'd have had my business for sure :tu:

Next time!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”