shape shifter chord mode question

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:46 pm

thanks so much!

sauflesautres
Common Wiggler

Post by sauflesautres » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:23 am

Dcramer wrote:^ yeah this is kind of what I thought it might be. Oddly though it doesn't change on the next trigger but responds to the Mod B CV in after two triggers.
:hmm:
Sorry for bringing up such an old post but i'm having the same exact problem. My Shapeshifter switches preset only after skipping the first 2 triggers. Divide is set to one and preset stepping in fwd mode works on each trigger. This only happens when using mod b to select presets

Tried different sources of triggers and voltages but have not yet found the exact trigger shape. I tried messing around with Peaks trigger delay mode and the only way i got it to work was when using repeats. I even got it to work with repeats so fast they are probably just a few milliseconds between.

I don't think it is because my cv is behind the trigger, i can reproduce the problem when using 16th note triggers and manually turning the mod b knob when running my trig sequencer at 25 bpm. It doesn't seem to matter whether the triggers are happenning in

I emailed Intellijel support but if anyone has any tips on this, i'm all ears.

sauflesautres
Common Wiggler

Post by sauflesautres » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:50 pm

Ok, i re-read the thread and tried the decay envelope. A simple AD envelope from Peaks fixed it, now i can sequence my Shapeshifter straight from one ER-101 track. CV-A : pitch, CV-B to Mod B for preset change and gate to the AD envelope for sync trigger shaping.

Thank you so much Dcramer for sharing this tip.

Meanwhile, Intellijel responded. I'll let them know. They are quick!

Dcramer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dcramer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:24 pm

Cool :tu:
So what envelope shape are you using that works?

I've been using just the "trigger to sync input and step sequencing presets" to change chords with out using the CVb input. It works great but you have to get it to line up the right chord where you want :hmm:

Oddly, I think I've found a bug where the SS SOUNDS the correct preset but DISPLAYS the wrong preset number :hmm:

FrankMurder
Wiggling with Experience

Post by FrankMurder » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:05 pm

Dcramer
Just saw this... really really nice sounds.

I have been forcing myself to get deeper with this module but haven't gotten to the vocoder yet... that is happening tomorrow :D

Dcramer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dcramer » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:51 pm

FrankMurder wrote:Dcramer

I have been forcing myself to get deeper with this module but haven't gotten to the vocoder yet... that is happening tomorrow :D
Thanks!
Here's a whole little album I've been working on featuring the Shapey and Korgasmatron, together at last in gooey, chordal, goodness:

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=3311703326 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=9a64ff tracklist=false artwork=small]

sauflesautres
Common Wiggler

Post by sauflesautres » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:04 pm

Dcramer wrote:Cool :tu:
So what envelope shape are you using that works?

I've been using just the "trigger to sync input and step sequencing presets" to change chords with out using the CVb input. It works great but you have to get it to line up the right chord where you want :hmm:

Oddly, I think I've found a bug where the SS SOUNDS the correct preset but DISPLAYS the wrong preset number :hmm:
Really enjoyed that Pulser Three video, sounds great and i learned many things form it! Thanks!

I use Peaks in split envelope mode, so just an AD envelope. Attack set around 11 o'clock, Decay set fully CC. It's still quite quick, there is no audible delay in preset switching. Preset stepping works without the need to shape the triggers going to sync input but i didn't want to use this solution because i didn't want to bother with lining up the preset order with my other sequences. Also, i like to be able to use the same preset twice in a row sometimes.

I think i also experienced what you say about the display not showing the playing preset number while trying to get mod b preset selection to work like i wanted.

I'm in touch with Intellijel support trying to figure out what's going on.

kisielk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by kisielk » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:10 am

Dcramer wrote:
FrankMurder wrote:Dcramer

Thanks!
Here's a whole little album I've been working on featuring the Shapey and Korgasmatron, together at last in gooey, chordal, goodness:

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=3311703326 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=9a64ff tracklist=false artwork=small]
Wow Dcramer, that's a pretty awesome album. Just listened to the whole thing. Definitely not the typical stuff you hear from a modular. I love the whole Indian / raga vibe. I can definitely pick out a lot of the characteristic Shapeshifter sounds :)

Jaypee
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Jaypee » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:42 am

I love my SS, but it will be really awesome if we can have some custom chords!

Return to “Eurorack Modules”