"Vocals" through KV100

A place to discuss the brutal yellow evil we all love so much.

Moderators: Kent, metasonix

weinglas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

"Vocals" through KV100

Post by weinglas » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:51 am

If you want to know what your vocals sound like assblasted a tiny little bit to get that Metal growl, you should take a look at this piece of "rock" in the tunes section:

viewtopic.php?t=38580

BTW: Most of the other sounds in this track are Metasonix as well (S1000, D1000, R54) with only a little help from Zorlon cannon, QMMG, Mfb OSC01, Doepfer A199 and some additional reverb!
Album with Kozepz:"FRNDS"
"All Tubes"
"Game Over!"
mirarimusic wrote:... This fucking blows away Beyonces release today as well!!!!
dan_p wrote: I'll still be listening to this one in years to come. best thing I've heard for ages
Videos

mecanikill
Electrical Demon

Post by mecanikill » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:09 pm

I'm resurrecting this thread. I personally would love to see a Metasonix vocal pedal made. I used to run vocals through a TM7 and also the Assblaster into other shit for a few years live and absolutely loved it and thought it sounded perfect for the style of music I do. I wonder if others feel the same way and would like to have a vox box that has a BN6 pre amp stage of the TM5 or 7 and the noisegate like on the Assblaster and a XLR input. This has been on my dream list of Metasonix gear to someday see created and figured if enough people chimed in and said they would want one it may get made someday. yes I know I could use a Assblaster but a dedicated one with just those circuits and a XLX in and out would just simply be the shit for vocals. So what do you guys think would this be pretty kool or what? :hmm:

dj_bluefalcon
Common Wiggler

Post by dj_bluefalcon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:03 am

Mm Einsturzende Neubauten... ish

Thanks for bringing this track to my attention and reminding me how much I love this kind of post-industrial nightmare march. I think it comes from my childhood of action films from the late 80s. This takes me to Terminator, immediately.

And I love it.

weinglas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by weinglas » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Thanks for reanimating this zombie thread :twisted:

I guess after all those years it is ok, when i post the track in this thread:

http://soundcloud.com/weinglas/fuck-armageddon-this-is
Link: http://soundcloud.com/weinglas/fuck-armageddon-this-is

Regarding the Metasonix vocal pedal: From sales demand i do not think this would be a good idea for Eric. For some metal band singers it might be interesting, but otherwise IMHO it would be much better to use a TC-helicon pedal and maybe a tube preamp. Or if you like it hard and raw combine the assblaster with a tc-helicon pedal.
Album with Kozepz:"FRNDS"
"All Tubes"
"Game Over!"
mirarimusic wrote:... This fucking blows away Beyonces release today as well!!!!
dan_p wrote: I'll still be listening to this one in years to come. best thing I've heard for ages
Videos

mecanikill
Electrical Demon

Post by mecanikill » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:19 pm

I use a TC Helicon voice one synth to add some grit and a Digitech vx300 for the delays only when I play out live in my current setup. I've been through so many different effects setups over the last 15 years and my favorite combo was the TM7 into a KP3. I don't know I think if it was marketed right it would sell. Of course not to the normal crowd of vocalists but I believe it would definitely sell to the metal crowd and harsher electronic acts like myself. I have a TM7 and a KV100 but I am always nervous taking them out with me but a dedicated new and replaceable thing like this would be very pretty dope.

Return to “Metasonix”