FYI ;-)

A place to discuss the brutal yellow evil we all love so much.

Moderators: Kent, metasonix

freeyerheel
Veteran Wiggler

Post by freeyerheel » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:02 pm

that was entertaining, thanks! for me it harkens back to zap comics and the good ol' days of crumb not sure thats a trend in pedals. seems more like a nostalgic look back to great influences on art and culture to most at muffs, at least i assume.

QuantumMechanakillWave
Wiggling with Experience

Post by QuantumMechanakillWave » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:45 am

I thought of Robert Crumb as well.
"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night."

-Edgar Allen Poe

metasonix
Tube Pioneer

Post by metasonix » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:45 pm

I see that Gearslutz still hasn't advanced in intellectual terms.....some of them love the pedal, some of them are there purely to whine about how my "mother didn't love him" or some such shit. They are still absurdly easy to troll.

And the TX-3 came out THREE YEARS AGO, and they're just now "noticing" it. That's really sad.

QuantumMechanakillWave
Wiggling with Experience

Post by QuantumMechanakillWave » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:09 pm

Gearslutz is a site where people go to snivel and be sniveled at..

:roll:
"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night."

-Edgar Allen Poe

botstein
Veteran Wiggler

Post by botstein » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:56 pm

metasonix wrote:I see that Gearslutz still hasn't advanced in intellectual terms.....some of them love the pedal, some of them are there purely to whine about how my "mother didn't love him" or some such shit. They are still absurdly easy to troll.

And the TX-3 came out THREE YEARS AGO, and they're just now "noticing" it. That's really sad.
I haven't visited gearslutz since I was given an "infraction" for posting an image that was too big. :picard:

They can keep their low-res, grainy-as-shit little photos.

slow_riot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slow_riot » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:10 am

i got locked out of a thread on there for daring to say that I did not consider MIDI an innovation in instrument design/interfacing.

Although I have to say that the modular scene is getting more like Gearslutz by the day. Which oscillator do I need to get vintage sounds?

albiedamned
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by albiedamned » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:26 am

slow_riot wrote:Which oscillator do I need to get vintage sounds?
I'd go for a saw core over a triangle core if you want vintage. Make sure it has a beefy sawtooth wave too.
Stuff I did by myself: https://soundcloud.com/albiedamned21133
Stuff I did with my pretend band: https://soundcloud.com/borisandnatasha

z3r01
The Mighty Souls

Post by z3r01 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:30 am

I do find it rather ironic that active members of a forum, which goes by the name of 'GearSlutz', are offended by the names of Metasonix products. :hmm:

slow_riot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by slow_riot » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:02 pm

albiedamned wrote: I'd go for a saw core over a triangle core if you want vintage. Make sure it has a beefy sawtooth wave too.
i was thinking more vintage like 1876 when Lord Kelvin proposed using a mechanical device to solve differential equations.

albiedamned
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by albiedamned » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:53 am

I haven't heard of the Lord Kelvin 1876. Is that a 5U?
Stuff I did by myself: https://soundcloud.com/albiedamned21133
Stuff I did with my pretend band: https://soundcloud.com/borisandnatasha

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:28 am

metasonix wrote:I see that Gearslutz still hasn't advanced in intellectual terms....They are still absurdly easy to troll.
I maybe far too often go to Gearslutz and poke a modular synth stick onto the tender and frightened noob-hive over there. :hihi: I think it was last year I got a warning and had my post deleted because I mocked someone who became outraged and hostile because I suggested a modular synth solution to someone else's question. :roll:

Return to “Metasonix”