MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rebel Technology: Stoicheia
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Rebel Technology: Stoicheia
Junk Rhythm
Any chance this module will be available as a DIY kit in the future? Hell, even a kit that is just the PCB and panel would rock too.
HeWhoWantsJeans
I just realized what this does.

TAKE MY MONEY.
l e b e r
I just want to say that 'mars' here (one of the men behind this module) is an extremely nice guy and has continually shown me huge amount of generosity. I'm so impressed with these guys and love the fact that there's finally a local manufacturer in this Euro game. I love being able to pop into their HQ.

Last night mars helped me troubleshoot a problem with my case.... even while he had plenty his own work to be getting on with, and when the issue was to do with a different manufacturer.

Rest assured to anyone buying this module that not only are you getting a fantastic module but you're getting it from people who really care and are genuinely nice and willing to help.... i experienced the best 'tech' support last night. thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Very very happy that i met these guys. we're not worthy
earlykooka
I was just about to pre-order this, but that was on the basis of them ( or 'you' if you are reading this) going to do an expander ( cos -l i should imagine like most people - I want the CV control )
However if this might not happen, ( as per that last post) and iinstead there might be a whole different module with CV control, then I would want to wait for that.

I would (very) respectfully suggest that you decide one way or the other ASAP, as if not, someone not wanting to buy what might end up an 'orphaned" module ( a bit melodramatic I know) ... might end up waiting till you do ...

Super, super module. can't wait ... So ...
djthopa
Wow! This looks amazing! Should be in stock soon smile
dephonator
mars wrote:
As for V controlling Stoicheia, we still haven't decided whether to make an expander or a stand-alone VC module. But we're working on it.


I have preordered one at Schneiders without knowing of those upgrade plans. I think it would be wise to cancel my order until RT have made their decision.

But why not make an expander indeed, so people who already have the module wouldn't be left behind?
earlykooka
dephonator wrote:
mars wrote:
As for V controlling Stoicheia, we still haven't decided whether to make an expander or a stand-alone VC module. But we're working on it.


I have preordered one at Schneiders without knowing of those upgrade plans. I think it would be wise to cancel my order until RT have made their decision.

But why not make an expander indeed, so people who already have the module wouldn't be left behind?


I couldn't agree more. I did the same thing, put my SB pre-order on hold until I know what is what. It would be very disappointing to jump on the no-CV version - however exciting and intriguing it is - and then to find out a few days later that there will be no expander, but a seperate ' with CV' model. Especially given that having CV control over the three ( well 6 actually) knobs would really take it another whole level.

I contacted the RebelTech people aboutvthis directly via their website, but haven't heard anything back yet.
Hoping theire is something soon, because I'm really looking forward to buying this.
logicgate
Looks like I´m putting my order on hold as well
mars
To expand or not to expand!

Stoicheia is the first in a series of three -

the next module we're bringing out features vc divider, delay, counter and shuffle/swing. It will be called Logos.

Combining Stoicheia with Logos gives you vc rhythmic patterns, although technically they are not vc euclidean sequences.

A single sequence, vc version of Stoicheia is on the drawing board.
In my view, this would be a complement to the dual version we have out now, not a replacement.

Alternatively an expander could be made in various ways -
by patching in to the analog inputs as described by clack,
or by using the serial interface on the back of the board.

Whether we go down one route or the other, or neither, I am not yet sure - sorry!
l e b e r
the first thing i mentioned to mars after i received this module was to ask about the possibility of cv control. seemed like an obvious request....

...however.... having used it for a while it's apparent cv control isn't so important. the beauty of this module is it's simplicity. 3 knobs... turn one slightly and you get a new pattern. easy. because it's so simple i want to be hands on with it, so the lack of cv control doesn't bother me in the slightest. it encourages tweaking on the fly, which, for trigger/gate pattern performance, is hugely satisfying.

i'd say stick to the idea of a bringing out a single channel cv controlled version to accompany this existing module. the appeal of this current version are the dual channels and ease of creating complex patterns. If you bring out a single channel cv controllable version, i'd want it to sit next to my current one...not replace it.
earlykooka
Hi Mars
If you were to start with the Stoicheia and at least commit to doing an expander for it ... at some point, then those of us wanting CV control ( and there are three of us just in the last three posts ;-) would buy it now ,,, and nothing would stop you making a "SuperStoicheia" at some later point.

... wheras if you bring the Stoicheia out with plans to to the "SuprStoicheia" later, but no expander, then for sure many ( most ?) people are going to hold off for the CV model ...

... and if you put the decision on hold, people who really want the CV option might very likely wait till you decide ...

If that sounds a bit pushy, then I'm sorry ... I'm really just trying to help ... but that is the way I see it.
Obviously you have to take the time necessary to think it through ...

Congratulations on the module, all the best, and let us know ASAP ! ;-)
earlykooka
l e b e r wrote:

...however.... having used it for a while it's apparent cv control isn't so important. the beauty of this module is it's simplicity. 3 knobs... turn one slightly and you get a new pattern. easy. because it's so simple i want to be hands on with it, so the lack of cv control doesn't bother me in the slightest.


I hear you, but different people work in different ways, and the same person might work in different ways at different times ... sometimes I too want to improvise hands on, but sometimes I might also want to set up complex evolving patterns ... My feeling is that with CV control over the parameters from LFOs or even more so from a PEG or a sequencer that is being clocked from the Stoeichia ... or not ... This is potentially generative rhythm heaven ... And if you DID have an expander, nothing is stopping you getting down and dirty with da wiggling.
For me it is win/win.
And the options opened up by CV control are SO win that IMNSHO it would be really a shame not to have them.
earlykooka
Sorry, double post
Umcorps
l e b e r wrote:
having used it for a while it's apparent cv control isn't so important. the beauty of this module is it's simplicity. 3 knobs... turn one slightly and you get a new pattern. easy. because it's so simple i want to be hands on with it, so the lack of cv control doesn't bother me in the slightest. it encourages tweaking on the fly, which, for trigger/gate pattern performance, is hugely satisfying.


I agree!

Every single word.

Especially the P(erformance) word. Because that is what this module is all about.
earlykooka
Umcorps wrote:
l e b e r wrote:
having used it for a while it's apparent cv control isn't so important. the beauty of this module is it's simplicity. 3 knobs... turn one slightly and you get a new pattern. easy. because it's so simple i want to be hands on with it, so the lack of cv control doesn't bother me in the slightest. it encourages tweaking on the fly, which, for trigger/gate pattern performance, is hugely satisfying.


I agree!

Every single word.

Especially the P(erformance) word. Because that is what this module is all about.


With all due respect, that might be what the module is all about for you, but just as I wouldn't want to deny you (or myself) all that hands on wiggling pleasure ;-) ... i'm sure that you wouldn't want to deny those of us interested in generative patches, complex mutating rhythms etc all our CV fun !

Let a thousand flowers bloom y'all ...
l e b e r
i'm not suggesting denying anything.

understood. modules/modular is designed for having options and letting the user decided what to do with them. stating the obvious.

all i'm saying is that one version of this module exists. it's fantastic. it's hands on. yes i originally wanted cv control on it, but i've discovered i don't care that it doesn't have cv control included. it's hand's on, but it's also set/forget and occasionally tweak in a complex modulating patch... so it already doesn't have to be just about performance...although it excels at live funtimes.

all i'm saying is that i think rebel tech should bring out a cv controllable version to exist with this current module. i think adding an expander to this one isn't space friendly... you start having to factor in whether you want a module xxxHP wide.
earlykooka
-> leber
that was adressed to umcorps, not directly to you

Yeah, I hear you on the space issues.
Lets face it, if they had come straight out with a CV controlled model, then noone would be asking for an expander, we would all just be together applauding. Obviously having to buy two modules instead of the one you want isn't anyones ideal, not for HP nor for price.
But, for whatever reasons, they didn't, and Mars told us that they were currently weighing up the expander or other module options.

So -of course- people are going to ideally want to know about that before deciding what to do, as evidenced by several people saying they were considering putting their pre-order on hold.

So the bottom line is, however much you or umcorps might 'not care' because 'its all about performance", clearly it IS important for many people, including, apparently Mars himself ...

Once again ... A thousand flowers ...
l e b e r
thumbs up no problem.

yes. again. i can fully understand that other options are important to other people regardless of how i or umcorps or anyone else might use the current module. of course. flowers and all that.

i'm not a big fan of expanders though. but i'm aware sometimes they'e helpful. i'd rather see a sister module that is one channel but with CV control...making it smaller than a dual channel CV controlled version and closer to the size of a potential expander. that way you can have both modules, expanding your control options, and also your gate outs (you'd now have 3 channels, one of which cv'd).... but horses for courses. i'm not right. you're not right. rebel tech can do what they like. Om

you're mistaking mine and umcorps enjoyment of this current module for an advocation to not include CV. i'm merely reporting that the existing module is very fun as is. correct, there would be more fun with CV... but it's great, and i welcome whatever rebel tech decided to do next. i personally don't believe people need to hold off on their orders for the exisitng module, as fun awaits... but i'm not suggesting people should do what i say. but that would be nice as the world would then revolve around me.
earlykooka
;-)

I agree with almost everything you say there, except that I really never thought that you were an actively anti-CV advocate ;-)
Your three channel soultion looks good to me, though of course I would prefer all three channels to be under CV control lol

Anyway, i'm sure we agree on very much more than we disagree on so all the best to you sir.
I've been sitting here all fucking day waiting for fucking FedEx to deliver me a package containing an Echophon and a PEG that has been 'in the truck' since 9.23 this morning and it is now becoming clear that they aren't going to come, so that means Monday and that means very frustrating Guinness ftw! Guinness ftw!
I wish you well.
dephonator
l e b e r wrote:
thumbs upi'm not a big fan of expanders though. but i'm aware sometimes they'e helpful. i'd rather see a sister module that is one channel but with CV control...making it smaller than a dual channel CV controlled version and closer to the size of a potential expander. that way you can have both modules, expanding your control options, and also your gate outs (you'd now have 3 channels, one of which cv'd)....


Well... I like expanders a lot:-) I don't think the sister module will be much smaller then the expander... I still think this would be the better solution since you have TWO cv-able channels at a lower cost (no?), but anyway... I must say when testing the module I had some variation going on using an LFO into the center jack and changing it's freq, didn't think about more cv options for the moment... but if more cv control is possible, let's have it - for ALL channels;-)
BTByrd
For the record, I'm waiting to see what happens with this expander. I'd been waiting on a Pulse Tornado, but would totally pick up one of these now if I knew there was a CV expander in the pipes.
Paranormal Patroler
Is this available at Schneiders? I'm totally interested and to hell with the expander sexpander stuff! As long as you keep on using greek typeface I'm buyin'
logicgate
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
As long as you keep on using greek typeface I'm buyin'


+1 lol
Paranormal Patroler
Will it make everything sounds like Xenakis ? applause
pas
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Will it make everything sounds like Xenakis ? applause


hahaha...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 4 of 8
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group