MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rebel Technology: Stoicheia
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 [all]
Author Rebel Technology: Stoicheia
Futuresound
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

Upper socket is reset input. First and last socket (on the line of four sockets) is clock input, when you plug one the other works like a mult of the clock signal. Useful..

Thanks for this. So, if I plug a clock into the first socket, that same clock appears at the fourth socket and I can send it elsewhere?

What happens if I plug a different clock into each socket?
mars
It won't clock the two channels independently.
This might sound like a limitation but in practical use you'll find it's quite convenient.
Plugging in two input clocks will have the same effect as plugging them both into a passive multi then into the Stoicheia.
Futuresound
mars wrote:
It won't clock the two channels independently.
This might sound like a limitation but in practical use you'll find it's quite convenient.
Plugging in two input clocks will have the same effect as plugging them both into a passive multi then into the Stoicheia.

Makes sense. Thanks.
i.murray.fraser
I just ordered a kit from Thonk. Looks like a relatively easy build. Can't wait to make some euclidean rhythms!!
i.murray.fraser
Built this one last night. Everything works. The panel is a bit tight, but my hands still manage fine. Very cool. Great addition to my case.
lilakmonoke
i just built 2 modules in the berlin rebel tech workshop in one weekend. these modules are super easy to build and exceptionally well designed. moreover, if you dont like what they are doing just reprogram them.

euclidian pattern are really low level numeric building blocks for rhythms and if you had about 3 of these modules you could make a track like this in one go. this is all programmed in pure data and everything is driven by euclidian pattern switching of various subdivisions of 17:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/140635093" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
mars
Video: Algorithmic beat sequencing with Rebel Technology trigger processors.
Includes Stoicheia, Klasmata, Logoi, Phoreo and Chronos.

bassik
Hello all,

I have one of those for quite some time and I have found out that it does not work with my MI modules.
I will be more specific:

1) Stoicheia trig out > Braids Trig in
2) Stoicheia Trig out > Streams Excite in
3) Stoicheia Trig out > Rings Strum in

No sound or signal detected by the MI modules.

DO you have the same experience?
maybe it is just mine.

Thanks.
mars
@bassik what are you using for a clock in? Does it work if you plug the same clock straight into MI? Does it work if you set Stoicheia to alternating mode (toggle switch down)?

The Stoicheia will preserve the pulse width of the incoming clock signal (unless in alternating mode), so if you have a very short PW clock it may be too short to trigger a slow envelope.
Martinorman
I recommend this as a good DIY module. I bought one from Thonk and built it for a friend.
Take care to check the height of the electrolytic caps and the fuses.
1n
Reviving. (And will ask in DIY, too.)

Has anyone reprogrammed this module? Or links to demo's of Stoicheia hacks?

I like tinkering with things and ideas, so looking for inspiration. No actual practical experience of anything like this, which is why I'm looking for some direction - but willing to spend hours finding out, testing and trying.

Edited.
artilect99
Just learned Rebel Tech's modules are open hardware... I'm into DIY but have no experience with compiling firmware and flashing MCU chips. Anyone know what would be entailed in something like that? Just thinking about flashing my own Atmel 168 from the code on github and DIYing the rest.
euromorcego
artilect99 wrote:
Just learned Rebel Tech's modules are open hardware... I'm into DIY but have no experience with compiling firmware and flashing MCU chips. Anyone know what would be entailed in something like that? Just thinking about flashing my own Atmel 168 from the code on github and DIYing the rest.

to get started you could get a preprogrammed chip and focus on the diy: https://www.rebeltech.org/product/programmed-microcontroller/
Best of both worlds ... and you also support the development that way (i assume they earn some money from each sale).
artilect99
Oh, wow, good call. I had been to their site before and never run across that. Thanks, that makes it much easier!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 [all]
Page 8 of 8