MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FENIX XL
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next [all]
Author FENIX XL
seeasound
man i just love the sound in all these fenix vids....I just wish i knew when he was making em! I hope he makes something cool in the future. This seems like it was such a steal at the original prices...

I think if i had one it could easily be the only synth.....with some smattering of serge.......maybe for buchla for colour hmmm....some ciat for wierdness??? Rockin' Banana!
pelican
What's the newest manual version?
Ranxerox
Had the pleasure of messing around on a Fenix II for an hour or so, at Music House in Utrecht a few months ago. Great shop, great people running the place - they even gave me a Heineken to quench my thirst whilst I was wiggling! Drinking

What a wild synth - quite organic and undisciplined, it had a real personality and a very lively sound. With the sequencer I'm sure it's a total blast.
Ranxerox
Someone hasn't read the forum rules... d'oh!
thousandcuts
whats news fellow fenix fiends?
CoreInside
fenix series sounds and plays very well[/img]
CoreInside
a fenix iii just sold for £3500 + £100 on ebay
cat6batch
Miss my Fenix :(
joey
this track of mine is 95% fenix II (except the pad at the start and drums)

MindMachine
I am now afraid of the Fenix. joey that was magnificent. Damn.

Guinness ftw!
CoreInside
What's the value of each fenix?
My guess.
Fenix I: £5000
Fenix II: £5000
Fenix III: £5000
Right or wrong?
Nelson Baboon
CoreInside wrote:
What's the value of each fenix?
My guess.
Fenix I: £5000
Fenix II: £5000
Fenix III: £5000
Right or wrong?

you mean, what are they currently going for? I bought new, so I chuckle a bit about how much they've gone up. But the price above for the III seems too high. it was considerably cheaper than the 2 when they were new.
Reese P. Dubin
I sold the original Fenix for a slight bit more then that almost 3 years ago. The II should go for significantly more IMO. I preferred the patchbay on the F1, but the 2 is superior.
CoreInside
Fenix 1 advantages are the band pass filters and digital noise which kick the ass of the 2. The OSCs are different too. Fenix 1 has the D envelopes and imo is better for making percussion.
Fenix 2 has weirder oscs but powerful still. Sequencer is convenient. Phaser and formant filters are lush. Sort of more colourful and confident than the I. The I is very dirty and harsh sort of... For synth sounds the II has better envs but for perc the I wins.
Reese P. Dubin
I DO miss the BP filters majorly.
Both I and II display the most perfect waveforms I have ever seen and tracked for miles, and sound incredible.
I never performed an A/B of the noise, but maybe the 1 was more brutal. The VLF which is indispensable seem to wobble the same.
Primarily working and exclusively gigging wit my DIY stuff has unfortunately made me not experiment so much with the Fenix. However if I want to do something with absolute precision to my intent, it is unbeatable.
pelican
2 kills 1. I would have 2 fenix 2 rather than one of each.
CoreInside
Fenix II, what's the best thing about it?

Phaser and Formant filter fx really stand out
Along with 2 onboard sequencers
LFO modulated panning
Icing on the cake

Bert told me the original wave multiplier was far more complicated than the present one. The dutch synth site listed a chorus as a feature on the prototype. Got to wonder how the Fenix II would be if Bert implemented every originally planned feature. But there's hardly room left on the case for more features haha.

Who understands the weird VCO extra features?

BTW The II is better setup for FM because you can use the VCOs. On the I you can do nice FM on the filters but the tracking isn't as stable of the VCFs. But I think the I sounds amazing at FM, shame the tuning is odd but that's decent for strange effects.
deltaphoenix
I am excited for the arrival of my Fenix 2 tomorrow!

Rockin' Banana! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!
deltaphoenix
Wow!!! What an awesome instrument! I haven't tried out every module on it yet but I am quite impressed with the sound & the quality of build. The wave multiplier is different than I thought it would be. It will definitely take me a bit to get used to the interface, I have to search for the correct knobs but it isn't too bad. I have so much exploring to do MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Reese P. Dubin
The waveshaper will probably behave closer to what you expect from a wave multiplier. The actual multiplier seems to be more of a wave splicer, I may never get my head all the way around it.
GryphonP3
deltaphoenix wrote:
Wow!!! What an awesome instrument! I haven't tried out every module on it yet but I am quite impressed with the sound & the quality of build. The wave multiplier is different than I thought it would be. It will definitely take me a bit to get used to the interface, I have to search for the correct knobs but it isn't too bad. I have so much exploring to do MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Lucky man!!! If you ever decide you want out, I've an assortment of very rare stuff and cash reserved only for a Fenix 2 trade wink
Morley
pelican wrote:
2 kills 1. I would have 2 fenix 2 rather than one of each.

Same here. Sold my I. Have the II and III. Happy camper.
qu.one
deltaphoenix wrote:
I am excited for the arrival of my Fenix 2 tomorrow!

Rockin' Banana! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time!

bert made more???
GryphonP3
Does anyone have any idea where I can get rack ears to match the Fenix II/III? I bought mine second hand and it didn't come with rack ears. Emailed Bert but I'm not sure he will have any laying around years later. Any ideas would be welcome!
Rocket_Salad
hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next [all]
Page 37 of 38