2 panel serge as aircraft carryon?

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

FatRocky
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by FatRocky » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Mood Organ wrote:
FatRocky wrote:
Mood Organ wrote:
FatRocky wrote:how do you guys get headphones out from a Serge panel?

is it that mod on the XFADE?
I plug in to one of the UAP outputs. There's an adapter that splits the signal to stereo so you can hear it in both headphones. Rex has the part # for that.
Thanks for the answer ,
I have the R*S Stereo mixer, I don't know how different it is from the UAP. It 'd be great if i could get the headphones out from there...
Have you tried plugging headphones into one of the 1/4" outputs?
I haven't actually. But know that you told me about UAP i will as soon as i get back home from holiday, I have a Mono plug to split the mono signal to both headphones. Thanks a lot i'll try that and let you know ( i hope it works , that would be a real awesome surprise)

emenel
Learning to Wiggle

Post by emenel » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:45 am

Can I kindly suggest that headphone/output discuss be moved to a new thread? It's really off topic.

FatRocky
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by FatRocky » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:00 am

emenel wrote:Can I kindly suggest that headphone/output discuss be moved to a new thread? It's really off topic.
Of course you´re right i´ll do that. :tu:

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:02 pm

Just a travelling anecdote about Serge...

I bought my first panel from Serge back in 1991. I was in the Bay area and picked it up. Back then they used the pre-punched chassis for the csae. I had ordered two adapters (1/8 to banana), VCM, PHA and RESEQ to use w/ an ARP 2600. The left side of the panel was the ghetto punched aluminum and the right was the aluminum foil face modules. It looked sketchy to me.

At the airport (SF) I opened the box and showed them what was inside. I explained it was music equipment. They just waved me through. I think nowadays it would take more explaining, since it was a partial panel and looked hand cobbled.
FS: A-140-2 Dual VC ADSR, Erica VCA 2, SP-555 Sampler and more - CHEAP!!!
viewtopic.php?t=222871&highlight=
WTB: Kurzweil Rumour (or trade for Mangler)

suckspit
Common Wiggler

Post by suckspit » Sat May 18, 2019 5:09 am

may be discontinued? if not, a possible candidate.
https://www.amazon.com.au/Swamp-ABS-Mix ... B077MZXZW4

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”