MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

bitvision CV mods?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author bitvision CV mods?
lizlarsen
AWESOME!! Looks great, Andrew! Can't wait to see some video! smile

Keep in mind, if you have a way too display it... consider swapping out for the NTSC crystal and reprogramming the AVR to see the difference. I still haven't got nearly the full color response out of PAL yet (how does it look to you?)
andrewF
Thanks
to be honest, in my rush to try it out, I forgot to setup the trimpot. The colours seemed okay, but I cannot say for sure until I set it up correctly.
Will do so today
lizlarsen
Cool! You should see close to 16 distinct shades (not on all patterns.) the one page with the gradiated bars (pattern #2 or #3?) should show all palette colors.
andrewF
just a simple bit of info on modifying the code in my BitVision using a Sparkfun Pocket programmer

hopefully it will be of some use to others who are new at this

Thanks for the help....and the BitVision, Lars

mine now has SouthPark jesus and daffy duck It's peanut butter jelly time!
lizlarsen
Thanks Andrew!! I'll probably put this up on the BitVision page if that's cool.

I wanna see Daffy Duck and Jesus!! One simple alternate program I want to do at some point is an animation player, designed to use the 16 images as animation frames, and change the palette modulation LFO control to a playback speed control.
andrewF
creatorlars wrote:
Thanks Andrew!! I'll probably put this up on the BitVision page if that's cool.

no worries

Maybe we can get an image thread going for people to share code.
If anyone missed it the page for creating new images is here -
http://lzxindustries.net/bitvisiondev/bitvision.swf

for anyone wanting to mod their BitVision: a good way to find images is use google search, select images, then in the left side column, under "Any size" select 'exactly' and input 32 pxl by 32 px, then search away.
images need to be in gif or jpg, but can be easily converted in Paint.
It is even worth just looking for B&W images, as the image converter works off brightness, so these tend to turn out better in Bitvision. Colour images can be hit & miss, some are ok, some don't work at all. Of course if you are creative you can draw your own.
andrewF
daffy and SP JC are near the end

bitSmasher
andrewF wrote:
Maybe we can get an image thread going for people to share code.
I like this idea, will have a few to contribute soon.

Wonder how well QR codes will work, looking forward to making time to play with them.
old gregg
Hi,

is tere some equivalent diode to the SMV1255. I'm about to order stuff from Farnell but, obviously, they don't have those.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2