MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel 80W PSU with 30W busboard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Intellijel 80W PSU with 30W busboard
snakejaw
Hi

Can I use an Intellijel TPS80 PSU to power a Intellijel 30W busboard so that I can get +12V output at 3000 mA, -12V output at 3000 mA? I want to run my Metasonix modules in my intellijel 104hp x 7u case.

If not, will the Intellijel 80W busboard fit into the mounts on the 104hp x 7u case?
Mungo
snakejaw wrote:
Can I use an Intellijel TPS80 PSU to power a Intellijel 30W busboard so that I can get +12V output at 3000 mA, -12V output at 3000 mA?
No, the power supply has a limit no matter how much the brick can supply.

snakejaw wrote:
If not, will the Intellijel 80W busboard fit into the mounts on the 104hp x 7u case?
They don't have completely matching mounting holes across different models, but both are offered as options in those cases. Perhaps ask the manufacturer since they don't provide the information publicly?
snakejaw
Thanks, Mungo. I have sent an email to Intellijel and I will post their response when I receive it.
snakejaw
Scott from Intellijel kindly answered my questions via email.

"Scott Riesterer (Intellijel Designs Inc.)

Nov 18, 13:05 PST

1. Yes it is safe to connect a 90w meanwell to the TPS30W, but it will not increase the current to +3A/-3A.
2. They are slightly different. However, because the board mounting is done using screws in a rail, you would be able to easily reposition the mounting screws to accommodate the TPS80W.

Thanks,
Scott

PS. Be sure to check out our website's Forum and FAQ sections for answers to many questions.
FAQ: https://intellijel.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Forum: https://forum.intellijel.com/"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1