MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Shakmat Aeolus Seeds Quad Processor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author New Shakmat Aeolus Seeds Quad Processor
ThanosF
Hello everyone!
I'm really excited about this new Shakmat Aeolus Seeds module for the Quad system I'm making. I think that Quad deserves more attention in the modular community. One of the issues though is that Quad is a bit of a complex issue, because there are different types of results that you can get using different modules. I think that the new Shakmat module makes things even easier because it can create all kinds of movements without the need for extra modulation sources.

Anyway, what are you thoughts about it?
And also can someone help me understand what happens if you connect multiple audio sources into the 4 inputs? Do they mix and move as ONE sound to the 4 outputs or is there a more complex behaviour where input 1 can be on output 1 while input 2 can go on output 4 (random example). I can't get my head around it. Any help is appreciated.
Cheers!
BaloErets
I think the module brings a great modulation source to the market, and I'm all up for that.

I think Shakmat are going in a great direction, between the Aeolus and the Harlequin Context, I'm really excited for what they are going to bring us!
cackland
I know which module you are referring to, however others might not so I would suggest referencing what you are referring to.
ThanosF
cackland wrote:
I know which module you are referring to, however others might not so I would suggest referencing what you are referring to.

Fair enough. So the Aeolus Seeds module is a Quad processor.
Here's a short presentation of the module, unfortunately without sound examples. Shakmat Aeolus Seeds @ Superbooth 2019

And the description on the modular grid page:
Shakmat Aeolus Seeds[/video]
Bishop Dust
Hi !

thanks for pointing out this up coming module razz

So to answer the main question, the core of the module is a quad VCA that modulates four channels amplitude. So the 4 inputs goes in the VCAs that goes in the output. Inputs are normalised meaning a mono, stereo or quad signal can be modulated in the quadraphonic space. But the inputs do not sum up and you cannot take several mono sources and modulate them in the quadraphonic space differently. Or you need several Aeolus seeds and an Aeolus mixer.

We know feeding a quad spatializer with a quad signal is not a common case but keep in mind this module allows to do automated vector synthesis smile
So four sources that are mixed up with automatic level changes w00t
ThanosF
Hello! Thnx for your reply.
If I understood correctly, the 4 voice wil mix and NOT sum up?
I'm a beginner in modular, so can you specify the difference between "sum up" and "mix up". I understand that you can send in different waveforms from the same VCO and get vector synthesis, but I'm struggling to imagine what happens if you send in completely different sounds (samples from Morphagene, a percussive sound, and a VCO). Morphing between these sounds will be impossible but maybe also interesting?
Bishop Dust
So yes it will morph and the sum.out will deliver the sum of the 4 channels smile
ThanosF
Bishop Dust wrote:
So yes it will morph and the sum.out will deliver the sum of the 4 channels smile

Yes cool! And what happens to the different outputs? Does output 1 only output the audio from input 1 whenever it's active?
Bishop Dust
ThanosF wrote:
Bishop Dust wrote:

Yes cool! And what happens to the different outputs? Does output 1 only output the audio from input 1 whenever it's active?

Yes out 1 only provide a modulated version of in 1 smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1