MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

blown me rack twice dont know were i go wrong
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author blown me rack twice dont know were i go wrong
joppa

doepfer a100 case
been going good not had any problems then it blow. sent back to Thomann under warrenty. mend it send it back. plug every thing in all working fine jamming away then it turns on and off every 2secs. no audio. im I drawing to much power if it keeps blinking in and out the power.

feel bit over my head

cheers if any one could help that would be great smile[/img]
Yes Powder
Are you sure you’re using the correct fuse for the mains voltage in your region? Consult the manual that came with your case if you have any doubts.
joppa
its the psu3 transformer
I think im with in ma for the transformer.
2000ma+ 1200ma-
scratching my head bit
Nightly Closures
Not a fun solution, but try powering up one module at a time until you find the issue. Good luck!
joppa
bit confussed watched the power video on you tube at the top of the eurorack headers.
what can I do just take a modules out and put them in one by one. see if its one of them causing all this
Nightly Closures
Yep.
Agawell
yes do exactly that - power down add module power up - repeat

might be a dodgy power cable - if module c causes a problem take it out and try module d

or something shorting out inside - try swapping modules about a bit too
AbundantChoice
joppa wrote:
jamming away then it turns on and off every 2secs. no audio. im I drawing to much power if it keeps blinking in and out the power.

That sounds like a module with a dead-short overloading / triggering the power safety on your rack. I had something similar happen to me with a dodgy module; it was especially frustrating as it worked fine *not* screwed into the case, but the second I went to screw it in the actual screw connecting to the rail created a short.

So yeah, take all your modules out. Plug 'em in and test 'em one at a time. If on the off chance they all work, then also try screwing 'em in and powering 'em up one at a time. If that doesn't isolate the dodgy module, then you *might* be over-drawing the power, but that's probably not the case.
goldi
Take out any digital modules first. That whole bottom row should be fine.
Luap
I notice you have a couple of Doepfer Wasp filters there. They are somewhat notorious for failing, which could potentially strain your power supply.
Mark II
Sounds like one of your modules has the power cable the wrong way around. Had that happen to me some time ago. PS3 does not like it and starts switching off and on.
TemplarK
As someone also mentioned, fuses on Doepfer cases are easily blown and require a specific slow blow fuse, i've also found that "cheaper" slow blow fuses blow easily too, invest in some more expensive ones (they are not much more) so your not left without when it eventually happens.
joppa
first off thanks for your response muff wigglers means lot to talk shop with people

I will do more research and test the modules one by one.
and will get back to you guys.

fingers crossed it works and iv not blown it a second time in 5 weeks.

doh sad face hehe
foliephonics
I had a faulty ribbon cable once... You might want to keep that in mind as well...
Best of luck !
joppa
so took out the digy modules all seem fine.
thought it was the koma field kit fx was the problem
turn it on stopped blinking all lights came on
my Pittsburgh dual vca starts smoking loads kicking out horrible smell.
remove module test power again bit scared of it it happerns to other modules
the -12v l.e.d. is out on all three bus boards.
modules light up but do not work or make noise.
iv tested some modules in my old case and seem to work.
think its fryed my doepfer vcdlfo tho

nightmare
T. Jervell
Mark II wrote:
Sounds like one of your modules has the power cable the wrong way around. Had that happen to me some time ago. PS3 does not like it and starts switching off and on.

This! Also seems that some of your modules didn’t have reverse polarity protection :-(
Sorry to hear....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1