MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LPZW.modules TRAM8
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author LPZW.modules TRAM8
kay_k
Facts:

Intellijel 1RU format but alternative panels available (3U 5HP or 1U Tile)
    8 Gate outs
    8 corresponding Velocity outs
    3.5mm auto crossover TRS MIDI Input. (type A or type B outputs without adapter)
    Internal MIDI Thru for daisy chaining multiple TRAM8s
    12bit DAC up to 10V output on the CV outs (stock firmware sets 5V max for Velocity of 127)
    Backside switch for direct 5V bus or internal 5V regulator (from +12V rail) power supply.
    Alternative firmware to be loaded via MIDI SySex available soon (8 different Clocks and 8 clocked random S&H outs)

On our website

Now available thru Schneiders Laden @ 119€vat/100€net

Not so interesting to make a video about a MIDI converter .. but well I did one anyway:

I am working on another prototype in the moment but as soon as this is in a usable state I will hack some alternative firmwares for TRAM8. One thing I will make for sure (cos I need it) is:
MIDI to 8 different clock (& reset) on the Gate out and 8 different triggered Randoms on the CV outs
I am open for suggestions, maybe I'll make the whole thing open source. If someone is interested in writing his own functionalities he can definitely ask me.
Firmware upgrade is via SysEx - I have a Phyton script for the conversion of the firmware hex to SysEx
aroom
geil!
kay_k
aroom wrote:
geil!
Guinness ftw!

This is how a 3U version in 5HP could look like.

For the moment the 3U version will be a special order thru me, I can't promise a delivery date. For now I can only deliver the panel for the user to swap them themselves.
Paranormal Patroler
Sweeeeeet! I like the 1U <> 3U conversion.
cliffemu
Does this work well with the BSP for a one-cable connection into the rack?
kay_k
cliffemu wrote:
Does this work well with the BSP for a one-cable connection into the rack?

Exactly what I made it for. wink
If you daisy chain 2 you have all drum gates and all their velocities by connecting just one cheap TRS cable. Combine this with the USB outlet from intellijel for maximum comfort
guigui
Veeery interesting. Please, make some more videos about it.
kay_k
guigui wrote:
Veeery interesting. Please, make some more videos about it.

will try to - check the manual and see if that explains more than it confuses people, i am honestly never sure with these
Tonescape
This is brilliant. Makes so much sense Rockin' Banana! nanners
kay_k
Tonescape wrote:
This is brilliant. Makes so much sense Rockin' Banana! nanners

It is always my intention to make sense but I sometimes struggle to succeed.

Mr. Green
Tonescape
Well, not this time hihi
B0bcat
Sorry to kind of go off-topic - I love all the LPZW stuff!! I understand such a thing would be fairly straightforward to DIY, but have you guys ever thought about offering a 1U replacement panel for a WK1/WK2 combo? That would be a killer utility in 1U/20ish hp
kay_k
B0bcat wrote:
Sorry to kind of go off-topic - I love all the LPZW stuff!! I understand such a thing would be fairly straightforward to DIY, but have you guys ever thought about offering a 1U replacement panel for a WK1/WK2 combo? That would be a killer utility in 1U/20ish hp

Thanks!

Yeah def. thought about it. I even had a name. I just haven’t dug deeper yet cos with the WK2 you’d end up having the pots weirdly sideways.
If you want something like that anyway send me a PM or a mail thru the contact form of our website.
kay_k
3U prototype panel.
They are going into production now but it will take until next year.
You can buy the 3U version directly from Schneiders when they will be available.

kay_k
I've been working on one alternative Firmware today and I believe with nothing unexpected I'll release it next week.
Basically what I want to do is this:

Midi gets converted to different useful clocks on the Gate outs:

1: Run signal - goes high with start low with stop
2: clock 24ppqn (combined with gate 1 ist DIN SYNC, also works with Grids, Metropolis etc.)
3: clock 4ppqn aka 16th triggers.
4: 8th note trigger
5: clock 1ppqn aka quarter note triggers
6: half note shifted by a quarter (snare position in disco beats)
7: beginning of bar pulse
8: 16th divided by 3 clock

so since the CVs are free for whatever I planed for some triggered randoms
1: random triggered each 16th
2: random triggered each 16th
3: brownian random triggered each 16th (drunken walk)
4: random triggered each quarter
5: random triggered each quarter
6: brownian random triggered each quarter (drunken walk)
7: random triggered each bar
8: stepped ramp to go from 0-5V in a bar ??

so here is the place for some feedback on this before I pour the concrete!

FW update is via SysEx in case you wonder.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1