MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ritual Electronics Anima
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Ritual Electronics Anima
cackland
Ritual Electronics have just announced Anima.

More info on their website:
https://www.ritualelectronics.com/products/anima

With all the recently envelope generators announced recently, what do you guys think? Seems to be a trend, announce one, announce them all.

motorhead412
that's a handsome panel. also, CV control over curve shape seems fun.
southberry
1/v Oct = LFO > VCO mode ?
Euro Trash Bazooka
cackland wrote:

With all the recently envelope generators announced recently, what do you guys think? Seems to be a trend, announce one, announce them all.

One doesn't develop such a module in a week though. So making a thread about a brand new module without waiting for its maker to do it and describing it as "trendy" is rather mean and dickish.

I, for one, will be getting one, just because Intellijel won't make a Quadrax in black (I'd have bought both otherwise.)
gringostar
Reminds me of the Double Andore mk1 without the VCA/mixer section or wavetable, but with individual CV control and 1v/oct tracking.

This isn't a criticism, I love my DA mk1.
cackland
Euro Trash Bazooka wrote:
cackland wrote:

One doesn't develop such a module in a week though. So making a thread about a brand new module without waiting for its maker to do it and describing it as "trendy" is rather mean and dickish.

I, for one, will be getting one, just because Intellijel won't make a Quadrax in black (I'd have bought both otherwise.)

Settle down.

I'm very aware of the timeline involved in module development (as I develop my own). This wasn't a thread to discuss the module being 'trendy'. Simply making a comment on what seems to be a trend (since I've been on muffs) and that is, that like-minded modules do seem to be released not far apart. Hence, the comment.

Secondly, many modules have different discussions. I saw the announcement, and couldn't find a thread, so I created one. Simple.
There is no rule that states, one must wait until the manufacturer announces the module before we can discuss our findings (unless NDA).

I will most likely pick up this over your referenced, Intellijel Quadrax.
southberry
check the website demo ! double digital VCO – 10 octaves tracking – grrrrrr applause and I love the Ritual layout ! modules are beautiful. Wish I add HP / money to start a RE skiff grin
Ras Thavas
Really liking the generous attenuverters for each control input. No need for outside modules, everything is one level without multiple button presses or color LEDs, and with the analog style switching it looks like it repairs in whatever configuration you had it in when you shut down. I'm pretty flush w/ envelope generators, but this is solid.

Somewhat surprised to see it's digital, but that explains the tracking and ability to change curves without changing the speed.
Severed head
looks fancy.
also like the full size features it'd definitely look silly with little guys

I guess being dual makes sense thats kinda the norm these days.
probably a little cheaper to make and get it to the consumer as 1 large module then two individuals...
vidret
I’m happily engaged to a maths in my case, but if I started now this would def be considered!
winn3r
southberry wrote:
check the website demo ! double digital VCO – 10 octaves tracking – grrrrrr applause and I love the Ritual layout ! modules are beautiful. Wish I add HP / money to start a RE skiff grin

VCO at 1:41 we're not worthy Dead Banana

Terdjman
First thank you @cackland for creating the thread as I'm not super active on forums.

I see @winn3r found the complete overview video!

We have developed this module according to our design philosophy. No tiny knobs, a great precision in the controls with dedicated attenuverters everywhere and self patching / feedback in mind. We are always going for modules that feel like proper instruments.

We are going to shoot a video which focuses on the oscillator aspect this week.
Do not hesitate to ask for videos and ask questions! I'll keep an eye on the thread.

The module will be in stores (and available directly from our website) in less than two weeks.

All the informations are there: Ritual Electronics Anima
Don't forget to check the manual. Specially if you're not familiar with this type of modulator (which I doubt)
smithjohn
Kind of reminds me of a Buchla 281 with some differences. As stated above the attenuverters are nice and such a clear panel layout thumbs up

Does voltage controlling the curve affect the attack/decay times?
Terdjman
smithjohn wrote:
Kind of reminds me of a Buchla 281 with some differences. As stated above the attenuverters are nice and such a clear panel layout thumbs up

The digital nature of the module allowed us to have the attack and decay times independent from the curvature.
Which is pretty great when used as a VCO, creating some king of waveform crossfade
cackland
You're welcome Terdjman. Getting the discussion going was the only intention.

Great video btw. Look forward to seeing / hearing more.

2 weeks availability is great.
smithjohn
Terdjman wrote:
smithjohn wrote:

The digital nature of the module allowed us to have the attack and decay times independent from the curvature.
Which is pretty great when used as a VCO, creating some king of waveform crossfade

That's a job well done Guinness ftw!
pieter
Congrats on a great looking and sounding module! I chuckled at the demo video.
DonKartofflo
Also in the video: Aranea, which looks like a 4x4 (?) matrix mixer and Concretio, seemingly a dual envelope follower with gate outputs and control over envelope following speed.
Terdjman
Thank you for the appreciation!

We spent a long time making the demo, as we are used to shooting short & raw Instagram videos.

Yesterday "Oscillator Special" video shooting turned into a recording session (so many sweet spots, I could not resist). More on that later this week!

We are planning to make a video for Altar, there are lots of tricks you can do with the filter as well.
Starring Salem the lab's chief officer, of course.
Terdjman
DonKartofflo wrote:
Also in the video: Aranea, which looks like a 4x4 (?) matrix mixer and Concretio, seemingly a dual envelope follower with gate outputs and control over envelope following speed.

Good detective work!

Aranea is a 5x5 matrix mixer. There is a matrix mixer on its way indeed. But this is an old prototype. We are picking the best functionalities and interface at the moment. If you have any recommandations, we would love to hear.

Concretio is a dual hifi preamp, with enveloppe follower, gate extractor and phase inversion (think feedback patches, as usual). We briefly revealed this module a while ago, but saw a few modules that resemble it being released around the same time. The idea is set aside for now.
hawkfuzz
Great layout and module.
DonKartofflo
Terdjman wrote:
DonKartofflo wrote:

Good detective work!

Aranea is a 5x5 matrix mixer. There is a matrix mixer on its way indeed. But this is an old prototype. We are picking the best functionalities and interface at the moment. If you have any recommandations, we would love to hear.

Concretio is a dual hifi preamp, with enveloppe follower, gate extractor and phase inversion (think feedback patches, as usual). We briefly revealed this module a while ago, but saw a few modules that resemble it being released around the same time. The idea is set aside for now.

Well you made it easy with those gorgeous 1080p videos wink
Just a thought on matrix mixing: It is a brilliant concept but an unwieldy one. Similar to other modules with a lot of individual parameters (like fixed filter banks for example) I think some sort of macro control would be hugely beneficial. Maybe a preset-is system that lets you save the mixes as presets and then crossfade through them using a control voltage? Im just spitballing here but you get the idea.
The dual preamp sounds pretty cool actually, I can't immediately think of any functionally equivalent modules...
Terdjman

Anima is here! We are assembling and programming the first units at the moment. They will be sent to shops next week. Direct orders will be sent next week too.
cackland
Very nice Guinness ftw!
vidret
Terdjman wrote:

yesssssssssssssss we're not worthy we're not worthy

make the patch points enter/exit from top/side, not side/bottom - or in that case make it symmetrical so it's mountable either way. It sucks having patch cables going out from under the matrix mixer in a small system.

I myself prefer in from the top/out to the right, but that might just be my preference (and again, in a bigger system it doesnt really matter).

Giving it a small but well placed amount of CV functionality would make it ++++ (on the input or output of channels perhaps?)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2