MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

cre8audio
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author cre8audio
red
cre8audio

in the news...

interesting !
starthief
Definitely related to Twisted Electrons in some way...
red
NiftyBUNDLE

- Full Eurorack bundle
- Cellz dual touch-plate sequencer
- Chipz, chiptune-inspired synthesizer voice
- NiftyCASE 84hp Eurorack case with MIDI-to-CV and stereo output
- Blank panels, wall wart, and cables

$$$ 270.00

I think this is a really affordable set!

cool
DJFonzi
I ordered. It's cheap enough to give it a try.
JayEm
It's super cheap as a bundle.
2disbetter
This is a very compelling combination. For someone looking to dip their toes in the Eurorack waters, this could be a nice little way of accomplishing that.

I think the Chipz module sounds pretty good as well!
JayEm

Sounds good. And it's practically only
red
perfect as a temporary try-out-case (testing modules, add-ons for semi modular synths, ...).

o r d e r e d !

cool
xcc
2disbetter wrote:
This is a very compelling combination. For someone looking to dip their toes in the Eurorack waters, this could be a nice little way of accomplishing that.

Absolutely. I had no plans to get into Eurorack anytime soon, but this gave me the nudge I didn’t know I needed. And now I have three modules on the way and haven’t even gotten the rack yet. eek!
Severed head
seen this yesterday didn't know it was "new" so to say,

def a middi focused setup,
if it weren't for two included modules id say for folks who have no midi plans seems like there may be better options but with them included its hard to beat
Paranormal Patroler
starthief wrote:
Definitely related to Twisted Electrons in some way...

Yeah, I used to own that Cells thing. hmmm.....
akrenaut
Looks like a great starting point for the cost. Sent info to some friends noting this would be a potentially good option to venture into eurorack. I'll be curious to see what future modules they may come up with.
Severed head
just remembered this.

if someone isn't looking to just the midi ship.

berrigher 104hp closed skiff 70$usd and uZeus with fbb & psu for 85$usd
and seemingly never ending 10%off. lands you around 140$usd
akrenaut
Severed head wrote:
just remembered this.

I think the case with its built in features is what really makes this stand out. You get midi (or USB) to CV, midi through, and stereo out. If someone had to invest in buying eurorack modules to do what the case has built in...
DJFonzi
akrenaut wrote:
Severed head wrote:
just remembered this.

I think the case with its built in features is what really makes this stand out. You get midi (or USB) to CV, midi through, and stereo out. If someone had to invest in buying eurorack modules to do what the case has built in...

And for $269, you can get 2 voices and an interesting 2ch sequencer.
steviet
xcc wrote:
2disbetter wrote:

Absolutely. I had no plans to get into Eurorack anytime soon, but this gave me the nudge I didn’t know I needed. And now I have three modules on the way and haven’t even gotten the rack yet. eek!

Welcome to the rabbit hole! It's nice down here, don't worry.
xcc
steviet wrote:
xcc wrote:
2disbetter wrote:

Welcome to the rabbit hole! It's nice down here, don't worry.

Thanks. Yeah I knew it was a potential rabbit hole - I just didn't realize how fast it happened wink. I'm going to sleep at night thinking of what I can plug into where and I don't even have anything yet.
WaveRider
incredible deal! things are getting better and better!
GreenPiece
Anyone have one in hand that can attest to build quality?

This is really cool but just kind of showed up out of nowhere. At least to me.

Thanks.
DJFonzi
I'm supposedly receiving mine today. If I get time, I'll dig into it. It may wait until next week. confused
DJFonzi
It arrived halfway through lunch, so I got a few minutes with it. Build quality is quite good. Certainly a good value for the money.
The "Chips" voice module isn't going to blow anyone's socks off. I honestly can't imagine buying that module outside the bundle. That said, it's a great solo module for a starter bundle like the Nifty bundle. It'll do stuff without requiring another module.
The "Cells" sequencer/arp/controller module, on the other hand, is very interesting, and I could certainly see having another one. It's a novel sequencer, and I think once I dig into it, it'll have more potential than I've tapped so far. For basic sequences, it's very easy to get going.

wishes, etc:
I don't like the power button. Seems like it's a disaster waiting to happen. It's a lightweight push on, push off, on the back of the case.
I don't like the mono 1/4" output. Seems like it should at least be stereo, and really ought to be 3.5mm.
I'd love to use some of the blank real estate on the top for mults, maybe build-in some attenuators, etc.
It'd be rad if this was wide enough to mate with a Rackbrute Link system. Hell, putting the onnectors on it would be icing for that.

Things I dig:
The included blind panels. Awesome!
built-in MIDI/USB to CV. Two of them! Haven't used it yet, but that's pretty rad.
The power supply. I work for a hardware manufacturer, and I've passed around the "Golden Profit" power supply this afternoon. The way they implement the little adapters for global use is ingenious. I know Cre8audio didn't invent that, but they chose to use it, so big props for it.
The extra panel for the Chips. You didn't have to do that. Nice touch. smile

I really wish this had been around a couple months ago. I could have skipped the Rackbrute. Then I'd have less space for modules, and I'd have more money. wink
Seriously, though. This is 100% the PERFECT starter kit for Eurorack. For the money, there's nothing else out there even remotely close features-wise.
xcc
DJFonzi wrote:
It arrived halfway through lunch, so I got a few minutes with it. Build quality is quite good. Certainly a good value for the money.
The "Chips" voice module isn't going to blow anyone's socks off. I honestly can't imagine buying that module outside the bundle. That said, it's a great solo module for a starter bundle like the Nifty bundle. It'll do stuff without requiring another module.
The "Cells" sequencer/arp/controller module, on the other hand, is very interesting, and I could certainly see having another one. It's a novel sequencer, and I think once I dig into it, it'll have more potential than I've tapped so far. For basic sequences, it's very easy to get going.

wishes, etc:
I don't like the power button. Seems like it's a disaster waiting to happen. It's a lightweight push on, push off, on the back of the case.
I don't like the mono 1/4" output. Seems like it should at least be stereo, and really ought to be 3.5mm.
I'd love to use some of the blank real estate on the top for mults, maybe build-in some attenuators, etc.
It'd be rad if this was wide enough to mate with a Rackbrute Link system. Hell, putting the onnectors on it would be icing for that.

Things I dig:
built-in MIDI/USB to CV. Two of them! Haven't used it yet, but that's pretty rad.
The power supply. I work for a hardware manufacturer, and I've passed around the "Golden Profit" power supply this afternoon. The way they implement the little adapters for global use is ingenious. I know Cre8audio didn't invent that, but they chose to use it, so big props for it.

I really wish this had been around a couple months ago. I could have skipped the Rackbrute. Then I'd have less space for modules, and I'd have more money. wink
Seriously, though. This is 100% the PERFECT starter kit for Eurorack. For the money, there's nothing else out there even remotely close features-wise.

I got mine a few days ago. I’d agree with most of your points, except I like that it has a quarter inch out. I do wish it was at least a TRS stereo out instead of summed mono. I do like the Chips module since it gives me (a noob) two pretty interesting oscillators as well as a useful LFO with random in one module.

The MIDI to CV works great with no obvious latency. I haven’t tested multiple channels at once yet.

Overall quality is really nice, and it has served its purpose as a gateway to euro for me since I’ve filled over half of it in less than a week.
foliephonics
Quote:
and it has served its purpose as a gateway to euro for me since I’ve filled over half of it in less than a week.

I hear the sound of a rabbit faaaaaling down that proverbial hole... hihi

I've been looking at this, hovering on the buy button, resisting because no no no no I don't need another case, and I haven't yet found an excuse good enough to justify the expense... angry
The case does seem like a no-brainer as an entry way (except if you go the semi-modular way).
I like the connectivity.
I like the sequencer.
I like the sequencer. help
I like the sequencer. help help
I like the sequencer. help help help
GreenPiece
DJFonzi wrote:

wishes, etc:

Things I dig:

Really appreciate the detailed feedback! I wish they had this when i got started but def will be great for our touring next year. The portability and functions are awesome for the price.
styledelk
I started my true descent down the rabbit hole with this, arrived this week. Already pairing nicely with my 0-Coast and MiniBrute 2-- the LFO comes in handy and the oscillators are easily routed over [and back!]. The sequencer has a lot of possibilities combined with the 0-Coast's functions.

And I just added a Tides v1 that I picked up from Control used. So it begins.

Next up Disting, Plaits, a VCA (for now the Brute will do) and Mixer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2