MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Easel, audible clicks coming from pulser?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Easel, audible clicks coming from pulser?
mousegarden
I've just noticed after playing next to my amp, there are very audible clicks coming from the pulser on my Easel, even with the volume turned completely down on the Easel the clicks are still leaking through into the amp. Is this normal? That's all I want to know, I think I haven't noticed it before because I've been sitting some distance away from my studio monitors, but through a keyboard combo live it's quite annoying.
tarandfeathers
It is normal. There are documented modifications to improve this behaviour in clone 208s but I haven't heard about doing the same thing in a BEMI/BUSA easel, I see no reason why not though.

Edit: Maybe it's deemed acceptable on the grounds that you can stop the pulser when you are not using it, and when you are using it there will be some other synchronous event that masks the click.
mousegarden
tarandfeathers wrote:
It is normal. There are documented modifications to improve this behaviour in clone 208s but I haven't heard about doing the same thing in a BEMI/BUSA easel, I see no reason why not though.

Edit: Maybe it's deemed acceptable on the grounds that you can stop the pulser when you are not using it, and when you are using it there will be some other synchronous event that masks the click.

Thanks a lit, yes, I also just checked with a friend, and my dealer said it was normal too. I'm putting it through a hi-gain guitar amp, way too much volume, and I notice it more. I think I need to get a re-amp box to match the input impedance of the amp.
Rex Coil 7
mousegarden wrote:
tarandfeathers wrote:

Thanks a lit, yes, I also just checked with a friend, and my dealer said it was normal too. I'm putting it through a hi-gain guitar amp, way too much volume, and I notice it more. I think I need to get a re-amp box to match the input impedance of the amp.
Hmmm ... you shouldn't need to go that far. Guitar amps have very high impedance inputs (1 MegOhm at least).

Then again, what do I know? seriously, i just don't get it

hmmm.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1