MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

audio editors with audio preview?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author audio editors with audio preview?
Nelson Baboon
years ago, both editors that I had (wave editor) and dsp-quattro, allowed you to play audio files when you went into the file/open menu.

Wave Editor (an old version) lost this feature with os x upgrades. dsp-quattro (latest version) has lost this capability (upgraded it when I upgraded to mojave). I tried 2 free editors today - audacity, and ocenaudio (or whatever it is). Neither have this capability.

But Logic has it, so obviously it is possible to implement.

Is there some technical reason why this no longer seems to be a common feature? Or is it a preference somewhere?
Funky40
for audio preview on a mac check out snapper
https://www.audioease.com/snapper/
there is a demo and it works quite long

not shure if this is what you wanted to hear.
i use snapper in conjunction with wavelab.......and anything else wink
Nelson Baboon
Funky40 wrote:
for audio preview on a mac check out snapper
https://www.audioease.com/snapper/
there is a demo and it works quite long

not shure if this is what you wanted to hear.
i use snapper in conjunction with wavelab.......and anything else wink

much appreciated. i might use it, but i'm not sure about paying $79 for it. Don't have time to look at it thoroughly at the moment - can you do simple editing (normalize, cut/paste, save, etc). What I didn't like (maybe it's a preference is that when I clicked on another window, the audio file stopped playing. Definitely don't want that.

I'm still interested in an answer as to why this seems to be such a 'special' feature now. Is it something in the mac OS?

The problem I have with some of these software updates (changing the topic slightly) is that I tend to use some of these programs pretty simply, and they add so many features and update the interface, and what I used to do simply, is no longer so simple. I didn't update wave editor, since I found the new version a pain in the ass, and now dsp quattro seems to be going down the same road.

I take it that Wavelab doesn't preview the files since you use snapper with it? I looked at Wavelab some years ago, but it's just way too much $ for the way I'd use it.
Funky40
Nelson, my setup is a plain mess for myself.
i just deal with shortcomings, functions that should work but don´t, etc. etc.
i mentioned snapper since it is mentioned most often more than other apps in such threads.
But i´m not the right one to comment further wink

yes, it plays the file asoon you click one.
i thought i could decativate it, but IIRC was it not working when i tryed.
so i live now with that behave which can be pita, yes.

normalising ? ha, i´d like to know myself. I´d had use for it.
personally i don´t gel with the documentation or the GUI.
But what snapper does REALLY well is: to play a audio file asoon you clicked on the file lol

so yes, i´m quasi in the same boat as you wink and need some enlightenment myself

edit: i use wavelab elements btw. 79 or 99$
no, no file preview to my understanding
ihav2p
you can just press spacebar to quicklook the sound file, even from the open dialog. works with pretty much any mac program
Nelson Baboon
ihav2p wrote:
you can just press spacebar to quicklook the sound file, even from the open dialog. works with pretty much any mac program

HAH - YES! Thanks for that.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1