MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

iOS apps for slow IPads
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author iOS apps for slow IPads
Trilo
I commandeered my wife's old Ipad 3 that she wasn't using with the intent of using it as an audio processor.

Unfortunately I'm finding I'm limited to apps that can support iOS 9.3.5 as that is the last iOS the IPad 3 will update to.

I'm also finding some of the apps I was intending on using seem to be too CPU heavy to work without crashing (Turnado, WOW). Some apps that don't crash will distort when I operate them in real time. It is a digital distortion that I am guessing is due to CPU overload.

So...

Are there any apps you would recommend that can be ran on iOS 9.3.5 and have a low CPU load? Any "old favorites" that are still around for downloading from the app store?

This is fun!
Dcramer
Audulus? hmmm.....
hru
Nanostudio1 (Freeware)
https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/nanostudio/id382263651?mt=8
WDMN
I still use Samplr, Borderlands, iVCS3, Fugue Machine, Patterning, Fieldscaper, Soundscaper, Animoog on my iPad 3 and they all work fine. Also AUM and Audiobus. They might be old versions but I think they will still download from the App Store.
Trilo
Many thanks! I'll try some of those apps out this weekend.

I totally forgot about Patterning. That app is awesome!
kinkujin
Caustic.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1