MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sending CV with Native Instruments Audio 10
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Sending CV with Native Instruments Audio 10
jdaddyaz
A couple questions. Has anyone used any of the N.I. audio boxes to send CV signals to their rigs? Do you have to have an Expert Sleeper module or can you use their program and other M4L programs to control modular?
mt3
The audio interface outputs must be DC-coupled (check the specs) in order to output CV. This adds cost to an interface, so very few have this ability. Ones that do (off the top of my head):
MOTU interfaces
UAD interfaces

Here's a current list:
http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/siwacompatibility.html
Monotremata
Presonus's new line is DC coupled as well, and they go out of their way to point this out in the literature now too.
jdaddyaz
Thanks a bunch for your time, and responses people.
Funky40
mt3 wrote:
This adds cost to an interface, so very few have this ability.

my information is contrary to this.

DC coupled means it has NO capacitor in the signalpath.......thats all ( probably also a resistor or so, at least just a very few components)
.......AC coupled has more parts, DC coupled has less.

I wonder if i miss here something ? ( personally i think i do not. at least have i decoupled some modules and a audio interface and it was allways just to desolder a capacitor wink )

some interfaces which are AC coupled seem to have DC coupled (or AC-uncoupled if you want wink ) Headphone outs.
IIRC, The NI kore 6 has been mentioned in this regard.
mt3
Funky40 wrote:
mt3 wrote:
This adds cost to an interface, so very few have this ability.

my information is contrary to this.

DC coupled means it has NO capacitor in the signalpath.......thats all ( probably also a resistor or so, at least just a very few components)
.......AC coupled has more parts, DC coupled has less.

I wonder if i miss here something ? ( personally i think i do not. at least have i decoupled some modules and a audio interface and it was allways just to desolder a capacitor wink )

some interfaces which are AC coupled seem to have DC coupled (or AC-uncoupled if you want wink ) Headphone outs.
IIRC, The NI kore 6 has been mentioned in this regard.

I question my own claim now that I think about it. Unsure what I’m parroting or where I got that info from.
Nonetheless the tendency is for the higher priced gourmet interfaces to be DC coupled.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1