MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY blanks
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author DIY blanks
Kafgee
I thought we could start a thread for diy
Modules exchange ideas and simple instructions .
I for instance have made a diy Chirper expansion
following Toms Instructions hyper
T. Jervell
Cool! applause
sungja
Totally forgot about chirper expansion points. Will have to look into this soon. What preamp for the filter input is recommended here? Any link to a schematic would be appreciated. thumbs up
chrisdermo
did one of these threads a while back
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=198594

here's a few things I've DIY'd

Some switchable capacitors and diodes, and format jumblers:

4MS RCD (now dead Dead Banana)

Quick and dirty build of Bill's tiny mixer from this thread
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202957&highlight=

I also did a chirper expander, DRM1 expander and rehoused a Stroh Optograte and FSS Convulsion generator. Pics of those around here somewhere... hmmm.....
Kafgee
applause Nice one Chris !
Let’s have all of these in one thread

I did not use any preamp on the filter input
Just a 30k resistor like described

I followed the instructions Tom has on the Chirper
Page .

Just click the link where it says pdf instructions
sungja
So what does the pot for level do? I guess for modular levels it is ok to go straight into the input but i believe Tom recommended a preamp for line levels. Will have do do some experiments someday and see how it works.
phisynth
sungja wrote:
So what does the pot for level do?

probably a simple passive attenuator ?
Kafgee
Yes simple attenuation
I might try putting an Opamp/resistor configuration
To try exterior signals and will let you know of the results
sungja
Did the soldering for expander points yesterday and thought i play around with it some more today. Now the filter mix knob is dead. Dead Banana

What happened?
sungja
So i managed to short the lp output with the mix knob on the other side of the board. hihi
Kafgee
Rockin' Banana! nice one Sungj[/img]a
What did you think of the result?

I will try to do the mixer tha Chris posted next
sungja
Well i did not try the expander points just yet. I got a case for it today and i just fired up the chirper for a quick test. If i find some time later today i will try it out but we will see.

Thanks for reminding me about the expansion points. thumbs up
lud
Has anyone ported any Nonlinear circuits modules to frac? They would be so fun with the Bugs.
soup
lud wrote:
Has anyone ported any Nonlinear circuits modules to frac? They would be so fun with the Bugs.

Most of the NLC stuff wants 12v, his sauce of unce can be built to run on 15v...
lud
Beautiful work! Is that yours soup?
Kafgee
hmmm..... is that diy?
soup
Thanks. It is one of my diy builds, I try to have fun with the designs. It's fairly easy to make your own panels but the new 2fw blanks open up a lot of possibilities as there's quite a few cool diy pcb's that will fit behind a 2 fw panel.

Regarding expanders this was my first frac build, a COFilter<>Octatrack expander...
KNYST
Top: Easel Random Voltage Source
Bottom: Fonik Sequential Switch (bi-directional)

Built it in 2013. Seqswitch board is behind the panel and the RVS board is mounted in the case... smile

soup
KNYST wrote:
Top: Easel Random Voltage Source
Bottom: Fonik Sequential Switch (bi-directional)

Built it in 2013. Seqswitch board is behind the panel and the RVS board is mounted in the case... smile

That's rad! I made one of those sequential switches too, they're great little modules...
rico loverde
your panels are great Soup!!!! absolutely love them.
Kafgee
Soup how do you make the panels?
They are great cool
soup
The panels are laser cut 3mm acrylic with the engraved bits infilled with paint pen. They run about $10 apiece.
Kafgee
Soup one last q
Where do you draw the panel
Prior to laser cutting? hmmm.....
soup
I design my panels in an ancient, outdated copy of illustrator but any vector graphics program will work fine. Just a simple .eps file is needed to laser cut, one color means cut, another engrave etc. If you want an example here is the file for the sequential switch in ponoko's format (my local laser place)...
Kafgee
Cheers soup nanners
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3