MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Valhalla Delay
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Valhalla Delay
Hermetech Mastering
Been beta testing this for a while, hopefully out soon!

https://soundcloud.com/hermetechmastering/valhalla-delay-test
jdaddyaz
I love Valhalla's stuff. Was confused as I thought they already had a delay but then realized it's mostly a bunch of awesome reverbs. What are your thoughts on it?
Hermetech Mastering
Love it, last Delay anyone would ever need. Sworn to secrecy, but allowed to post snippets. They already have the freeware FreqEcho but this goes way beyond.
bkbirge
Will this be a zdsp card or just a vst?
Hermetech Mastering
Just a software plugin AFAIK.
ignatius
it's exceptionally good. been beta testing a while. it's really quite amazing. unique in the world of delay plug ins which is something that's hard to achieve. i'll be glad when it's released so we can talk about all the awesomeness under the hood.

btw you might ask for this thread to get moved to "music software" subforum. Guinness ftw!
crawling wind
That sounds great! I'm addicted to delays. My current obsession is U-he's Colour Copy, but this will be an instabuy.
unclebastard
It's going to have to be something unfeasibly brilliant to beat DubDelay and Ohmboyz for me.
starthief
crawling wind wrote:
That sounds great! I'm addicted to delays. My current obsession is U-he's Colour Copy, but this will be an instabuy.

I love Colour Copy, it sounds great... but it really doesn't sound like an analog BBD to me and I often wish for a bit more control over the coloration section.

I've been eager for a Valhalla Delay since it was first rumored.
ignatius
unclebastard wrote:
It's going to have to be something unfeasibly brilliant to beat DubDelay and Ohmboyz for me.

i think you'll be pleased. it's got all kinds of special sauce.
crawling wind
Sean really knows what he is doing! we're not worthy
DMR
Hermetech Mastering wrote:
Love it, last Delay anyone would ever need. Sworn to secrecy, but allowed to post snippets. They already have the freeware FreqEcho but this goes way beyond.

UberMod is also a Valhalla delay, does this overlap much with it?
ignatius
DMR wrote:
Hermetech Mastering wrote:

UberMod is also a Valhalla delay, does this overlap much with it?

i would say no. not that you can't get delays from ubermod but it's a different kind of processor. the delay is practically an instrument imo.

i don't want to say more because i don't think i'm supposed to.
donato
This thing has been hyped for like 5 months now. Any idea on an actual release or real information? Enough already.
MuMetal
Given how affordable and great sounding his plug-ins are, and how well he tests things before release, not to mention he’s a one man shop...I say let him take whatever time he needs. He shares tidbits on Facebook, but hasn’t mentioned it once on his website.

Any hype regarding Valhalla comes from happy and enthusiastic users. From Sean? No hype. Just great tools at the fraction of the price of other companies.

I can’t wait! From the few snippets I’ve seen, it’s going to be very cool...
Hermetech Mastering
It'll be worth the wait, however long it takes. Miley Cyrus
pulse_divider
Valhalla is one of the only companies that I’d buy anything from without testing or hearing first. Insta-prurchase
cebec
pulse_divider wrote:
Valhalla is one of the only companies that I’d buy anything from without testing or hearing first. Insta-prurchase

Same.
hairbow
Can you mention if it tries to do vintage delay types, a la Valhalla Vintage Verb but for delay? Also will it be streamlined code, or taxing on the CPU? I have an OTO BIM and BAM, but I would love a good VST delay. The only other one I have outside of Ableton Suite is the Max 4 Live Dub Machines by Surreal Machines, which absolutely sounds like a Space Echo but the processing for it (even on my heavily tweaked desktop) is pretty noticeable.
Hermetech Mastering
Chatting with Sean recently, sound samples are fine (which is why I posted, SampleConstruct has posted a load of nice ones, along with Sean himself), but no images and no textual descriptions. Sorry.
Oldstench
pulse_divider wrote:

+1. Dude puts other effects companies to shame with their price/performance ratio.

e: I should add the caveat that Sonic Charge doesn't count here. They are another buy-blind effect company.
mojopin
I'm excited by this because I use all his plugins. But I'm happy with my go-to delay of u-he mfm2. It will need to top that and bring something new but I have faith!
Hermetech Mastering
Oldstench wrote:
pulse_divider wrote:

+1. Dude puts other effects companies to shame with their price/performance ratio.

e: I should add the caveat that Sonic Charge doesn't count here. They are another buy-blind effect company.

TDR and Klanghelm too, in full disclosure am a beta tester for all three!
hairbow
TDR's Kotelnikov is truly the best mastering compressor plugin ever made, I think there are rivals for limiting and EQ (mainly from DMG, another insanely talented programmer) but if Kotelnikov was in a rack mount it would sell for thousands, easily. The fact its free is even more insane.
ablearcher
pretty stoked on this. the only plugins I have/need on my computer (aside from the built in reaper stuff) are the valhalla ones, so good.

I do use ubermod for delays sometimes but it is pretty limited (as that is not its primary thing).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3