MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Emblematic Systems - Catalyst - macro controller
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Emblematic Systems - Catalyst - macro controller
Emblematic
Hello MW!

Just giving you a heads up for everyone who is interested in Octatrack-style macro control, since I’ve seen that come up quite a bit on here. "Emblematic Systems” is my new company and the first module is about to be released by the end of February. I am just waiting for the panels to arrive at my doorsteps and the first batch is ready to go. Here’s a rough overview and a demo video can be found on the webpage below:

- 8 outputs offering 16bit precision CVs in a range from 0-10V
- 8 scenes per bank, 8 banks in total
- 8 LED backlit encoders for precise parameter editing
- Crossfader for scene interpolation with a convenient 60mm of travel
- Copy/Paste function for scenes
- Crossfader motion recording for up to 20 seconds
- Physical animation of the crossfader position

16hp, 40mm deep
+12V 135mA
-12V 17mA

MANUAL

QUICKMANUAL

Me and everyone else working on this release are really excited to present this module finally. Let me know what you think. This first batch will be sold exclusively over my webpage and will be shipping from Germany by the end of February. The price will be 345€.

hawkfuzz
I'm not entirely sure what this does but it seems to do a lot of it which has me interested.

2 sets of 4 voltages that crossfade in between the two with interpolation and lots of space to save?
cackland
A cross-fading voltage preset manager? Looks really useful. Nice work
Cortega
Holy fu**ing Shit....its like you read my Mind,
thank you for doing this, i am sold.
desolationjones
Wow, the missing link between Octatrack and Frames has arrived applause Looks supremely usable.

The physical modelling which turns slider movement bouncy? Incredible we're not worthy

The lack of a reset input for the slider automation? Regrettable d'oh!
bc3
Really nice concept and design. Congrats on the release! w00t
Yloopz
Oh this looks great! Subscribed hyper
Keltie
Hells yeah!

So GAS, much module, many want.
Jaypee
Welcome! and good luck with your company! Wish you the best!

Any manual?

edit: just saw the video....dead simple! need it!
Emblematic
Thanks for all the kind words!!

There's no manual yet, but I am working on it. I hope the video on my page clarifies things a bit until the manual is finished.

hawkfuzz wrote:
2 sets of 4 voltages that crossfade in between the two with interpolation and lots of space to save?

No, it's actually 8 sets of 8 voltages that you can interpolate between. Then these 8 sets are again organised into 8 banks.

desolationjones wrote:
The lack of a reset input for the slider automation? Regrettable

You are correct sir, and I do regret that as well but there's only so much I could squeeze into the panel. BUT I am working on a small expander module that will allow CV control of the crossfader and resetting the automation.
rainlet
Looks awesome, sign me up! Would be interesting if the expander also could step between banks with triggers or CV as well.
damase
this is so very cool. anyone who has used an octatrack has been dreaming of this moment for a euro module. looks to be very well implemented too

very glad to hear about the expander with cv control of the crossfader... would have seemed like a bit missed opportunity otherwise
Emblematic
rainlet wrote:
Looks awesome, sign me up! Would be interesting if the expander also could step between banks with triggers or CV as well.

Thanks!

I was thinking about using the expander for stepping through scenes, but my philosophy is to keep a dedicated and tidy interface and what you are describing approaches sequencer functionality. I think there's lots of dedicated sequencers out there that do what you are describing way better that this module ever could.

What is possible though, even though not shown in the video, is to record fader assignments along with the fader movement. That way you can step through presets and play back that sequence. It's a rather rudimentary kind of sequencing, but it's quick and fun.
bc3
Emblematic wrote:
Thanks for all the kind words!!

There's no manual yet, but I am working on it. I hope the video on my page clarifies things a bit until the manual is finished.

hawkfuzz wrote:

No, it's actually 8 sets of 8 voltages that you can interpolate between. Then these 8 sets are again organised into 8 banks.

desolationjones wrote:
The lack of a reset input for the slider automation? Regrettable

You are correct sir, and I do regret that as well but there's only so much I could squeeze into the panel. BUT I am working on a small expander module that will allow CV control of the crossfader and resetting the automation.

How small of an expander? cool
Emblematic
bc3 wrote:

All it really needs is two jacks, maybe a switch, so I am aiming for 2-3hp. But I can't promise anything right now. I am starting to design it at the moment and I will do my best to publish infos on it before the modules go on sale, so that everybody knows what to expect.
bc3
Emblematic wrote:
bc3 wrote:

All it really needs is two jacks, maybe a switch, so I am aiming for 2-3hp. But I can't promise anything right now. I am starting to design it at the moment and I will do my best to publish infos on it before the modules go on sale, so that everybody knows what to expect.

Awesome and if you could fit it down to 2hp that would be super cool, thx!
Keltie
Emblematic wrote:

What is possible though, even though not shown in the video, is to record fader assignments along with the fader movement. That way you can step through presets and play back that sequence. It's a rather rudimentary kind of sequencing, but it's quick and fun.

If I’m understanding, this would make the fader even more like the big knob on an MI Frames, right?

If this mode is also under CV control in the expander, that would be killer! I understand that this would approach the sequencer functionality that you’re not so keen to move towards, but please consider this if you aren’t already.

The module is already really powerful, the expander makes it even more so, but having all of your scenes morphable by CV would take this into a whole new level imo.

Sorry... We’re a demanding bunch, aren’t we? lol
thelizard
Ah! I'm so excited that this is public. I've been beta testing this. Ralf (Emblematic) has been super responsive in improving it based on suggestions. It's an incredible thing... the physics alone take this from "great hands-on controller" to "ridiculous generative modulation powerhouse". I'm a big fan of this, and sold a bunch of other control modules in the process.
folpon
Wow. Sounds like this would be a really cool thing to have in my dual Morphagene looping rig. Can't wait!
Franktree
So is it capable of switching scenes quickly on the fly, like the Octatrack does? In other words, having a bank of scenes saved and being able to, on the fly, move scene 2 to the "A" position, and then a moment later, move scene 4 to the A position, and then scene 2 to the B position, etc?
Emblematic
Franktree wrote:
So is it capable of switching scenes quickly on the fly, like the Octatrack does? In other words, having a bank of scenes saved and being able to, on the fly, move scene 2 to the "A" position, and then a moment later, move scene 4 to the A position, and then scene 2 to the B position, etc?

Yes, that's exactly how it works! In addition you can also do hard cuts by just pressing a scene button. This way you instantly jump to that scene for as long as that scene button is held. It is all very quick and performance oriented.
lionelfischer
any chance of a version with sliders or slider expansion?

looks so amazing
buzzbuzz
I'm in! Looks great as it is. Can't wait to get my hands on it!
aragorn23
This looks fantastic for live performances! Any chance it will be open sourced?
Misk
damn, that looks incredibly useful. Glad to hear you're working on an expander for crossfader CV control as well—that definitely sold it for me!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7