MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

WORNG Electronics SoundStage mixer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author WORNG Electronics SoundStage mixer
Stab Frenzy

Please welcome the WORNG Electronics SoundStage. A stereo mixer module unlike any other, SoundStage helps you build your mix just by patching your voices in. Inputs are placed in the stereo field depending on their horizontal patch position left to right, and placed in the spectrum depending on vertical patch position, with carefully tuned analogue resonant filters to give definition to low, low mid, mid, high mid and high voices. Depth of filtering and output level are controlled with dedicated pots and CV, allowing creative uses of the controls. A prototype SoundStage will be demoed at Tokyo Festival of Modular and Kyoto Festival of Modular, come check it out and have a listen if you’re in this part of the world.
lrclazer
Looks really cool, and I absolutely love the concept. Kudos!
batch
Cool idea!
vytis
That's a great concept! Really looking forward to this. thumbs up
Illwiggle
Very cool. Reminds me of the fixed filters on the emu sp1200’s outputs a bit...but then on sterioids with this piece.....Good competitor for the RXMX I think
Stab Frenzy
Illwiggle wrote:
Very cool. Reminds me of the fixed filters on the emu sp1200’s outputs a bit...but then on sterioids with this piece.....Good competitor for the RXMX I think

It's funny you should mention that because the ideas that eventually coalesced into this design have been floating around my head for the past few years, ever since I read this *excellent* piece. http://privateprogram.blogspot.com/2012/11/sp-1200-pt-2-memory-and-hag iography.html
Carrousel
Brilliant concept. Love the 3D stage graphic around the jacks too; super intuitive with no words required!
Jumbuktu
Looking really interesting - could easily be mistaken for a MakeNoise module!
mdoudoroff
Love the idea in principle. Reminds me of Takaab’s clever Nearness module. I’m a little curious about gain management.
Stab Frenzy
mdoudoroff wrote:
Love the idea in principle. Reminds me of Takaab’s clever Nearness module. I’m a little curious about gain management.

It’s designed to be able to handle a lot of inputs without clipping the input stages, and the output level control is there to keep that from clipping too. Individual voice level control should be handled by the VCAs you’re feeding it with.
maltemark
This plus a qu-bit synapse.....
R.U.Nuts
Great concept, but are there any inputs that are not filtered?
giantreptile
The graphics feel like infringement on the Make Noise aesthetic. There's homage, and then there's appropriation. just sayin'
worra
This looks awesome! Any info on price/availability for those of us not in Tokyo?
spinalbeatz
Ooooh. I really dig this idea. Can't wait to hear it in action.
Stab Frenzy
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Great concept, but are there any inputs that are not filtered?

With the depth control fully counter clockwise all the inputs are unfiltered.
Stab Frenzy
worra wrote:
This looks awesome! Any info on price/availability for those of us not in Tokyo?

Don’t have a production quote so I don’t know what the price will be yet, aiming for Q1 2019 release. I want to make a couple of very minor changes to the circuit but it’s pretty much ready to go.
BenA718
Huh, that is a very intriguing idea! And with two of them you could do quadraphonic sound, I imagine.

I don’t have an issue with the aesthetics, but the typeface should be changed, it’s one step beyond ‘homage’ in my opinion.

Edit: I keep seeing the name as ‘WRONG’, not WORNG lol.
mekohler
giantreptile wrote:
The graphics feel like infringement on the Make Noise aesthetic. There's homage, and then there's appropriation. just sayin'

very frustrating
resynthesize
rad idea, definitely interested in checking this out when it's released.
ronski
BenA718 wrote:

I don’t have an issue with the aesthetics, but the typeface should be changed, it’s one step beyond ‘homage’ in my opinion.

I love the Wrong modules but with this specific module I agree that the typo is too similar to Make Noise. Apart from that I love how the rest of the faceplate is designed. Really love my LRMSMSLR module so might give this one a go too.
williamjturkel
ronski wrote:
BenA718 wrote:

I love the Wrong modules but with this specific module I agree that the typo is too similar to Make Noise. Apart from that I love how the rest of the faceplate is designed. Really love my LRMSMSLR module so might give this one a go too.

Actually, if you compare the faceplates of (say) Morphagene and DPO with Vector Space and LRMSMSRL you will see that (a) individual letters on the modules of both manufacturers are written differently in different places and (b) although similar, many of the Worng letters are actually different from their Make Noise equivalents.
Hainbach
Very interested in how this sounds!
hemeroscopium
This will prolly solve a lot of things and save tons of space. Hoping the sound quality will be top notch and instabuyyy $$$
ronski
williamjturkel wrote:
ronski wrote:
BenA718 wrote:

Actually, if you compare the faceplates of (say) Morphagene and DPO with Vector Space and LRMSMSRL you will see that (a) individual letters on the modules of both manufacturers are written differently in different places and (b) although similar, many of the Worng letters are actually different from their Make Noise equivalents.

Agreed with vector space and LRMSMSLR designs I don't see any issues. I specifically notice more similarities when I look at the sound stage module typos (depth and level) Still different enough maybe, but personally I feel they come to close to Make Noise. I would mess those a bit more up so that they go more towards the "soundstage" typo in the top which I feel is more in the right direction and a few steps further away from make noise typo's.

Don't get me worng, I really love the designs smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9