MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Class notes
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Class notes
radin
I received my copy. This is nicely printed and the writing is excellent and easy to understand. Very good and great value at relatively low cost. Thank you!
wackelpeter
Finally my copy arrived today… wonder what took more than two weeks for the delivery from France to Germany since i got my shipping notification…

Anyway, great work Peter, i really appreciate your efforts and like what i'm holding in my hands now finally… thumbs up
SmartBits
Mine arrived last week, took about 15 days total (shipment was from France, apparently there are no Lulu printers in the Netherlands).
Looks very informative, glad I ordered it! Now, one thing that sprung to mind while at work: is it possible for hardcopy owners to also receive a PDF version? Would love to be able to read it when not at home...
cptnal
Just raised a ticket with Lulu. 28 days + and still waiting! very frustrating
Pelsea
Yeah, they are posting a 7-9 day wait for print (before shipping), and there's a bit of discussion on their forum about it. They seem to be having trouble finding printers that can handle their range of products, and the Notes are one of the oddballs.

Unfortunately, authors have no more clout with them than customers.
Reality Checkpoint
Glad this got a bump!

It reminded me to order a copy. thumbs up
Pelsea
Reality Checkpoint wrote:
Glad this got a bump!

Well, not for these reasons. I hope Lulu gets their act together soon. They do not have a perfect track record, but the alternatives are much worse. Even the big time textbook companies are a pain to work with.
SmartBits
@pelsea: is it possible that people who bought the hardcopy can also get a PDF version? I understand if you’re reluctant to share though.
Pelsea
SmartBits wrote:
@pelsea: is it possible that people who bought the hardcopy can also get a PDF version? I understand if you’re reluctant to share though.

I don't want to be the grinch here, but there are several problems with PDF--
1. Once I let the cat out of the box, I can't put him back in. (I know he'll get out eventually.)
2. Lulu doesn't share customer information with me (a point in their favor), so I don't know who has bought the book.
3. If I give away a PDF with the agreement that you won't share it, you have to be the grinch.

Manning provides PDFs with their ePubs, but they have the advantage of automatic updates to paid costumers, and their price structure reflects a certain level of pass-along. (I shopped this project to Manning, but they didn't see a big enough market.)

I'm not getting rich here- I think I've sold enough to get a Plonk-- but once I've filled my new rack (4U, 114hp) I'll look at the possibility of doing an ePub.
cptnal
They're going to resend with tracked shipping. Fingers crossed! Mr. Green
Reality Checkpoint
Pelsea wrote:
Glad this got a bump!

Well, not for these reasons. I hope Lulu gets their act together soon. They do not have a perfect track record, but the alternatives are much worse. Even the big time textbook companies are a pain to work with.

I was aware of the Lulu issue, but I ordered in spite of that, as I think that the book is superb value, and will be well worth the wait.
Pelsea
cptnal wrote:

I hope you get it soon, considering the encouragement you gave me to finally get off my butt.

I'm wondering if there is any interest in a book 2. That would include essays on system design, performance, advanced generative patches, and any other topics wigglers might suggest.
Reality Checkpoint
Pelsea wrote:
I'm wondering if there is any interest in a book 2. That would include essays on system design, performance, advanced generative patches, and any other topics wigglers might suggest.

Interest here.......

thumbs up
dooj88
Pelsea wrote:

Interest here.......

thumbs up

Drinking more knowledges, please
hsosdrum
Pelsea wrote:
cptnal wrote:

I hope you get it soon, considering the encouragement you gave me to finally get off my butt.

I'll get one. thumbs up
Skotchi
I’m in for Book 2!
SmartBits
Pelsea wrote:
there are several problems with PDF
but once I've filled my new rack (4U, 114hp) I'll look at the possibility of doing an ePub.

Totally understandable, no problem.

I'll be looking forward to a second book!
mister_wavey
book 2 would be very welcome.
Reality Checkpoint
Pelsea wrote:
Glad this got a bump!

I was aware of the Lulu issue, but I ordered in spite of that, as I think that the book is superb value, and will be well worth the wait.

Shipping notice received today, so it looks as though they are beginning to get their act together. (Ordered on 19/12)
Reality Checkpoint
Arrived today. Wonderful - should be required reading for all.

we're not worthy
Pelsea
Thank you all for your business and kind words. Please consider writing a review...
cptnal
Just arrived. Hoo-flippin'-ray! If any occasion called for a comfy armchair and a big pot of Russian tea it's this one. w00t
acinonyx
got mine 2 weeks ago! excellent, Mr. Elsea!

no problems here with Lulu. shipped from France. economy mail (no tracking). 12 business days.

I'll buy book 2. and book 3...

+1 for system design, performance, advanced generative patches.

a small review:

The writing is simple and understandable.
If you don’t know nothing about modular synth get it.
If you are starting from scratch (e.g simple up to famous patches) get it.
It’s not just one time reading. you will get back and forth.
If you think you know about modular add it to your collection.

How to get a sound out of a modular synth…? what?
I bet most of us hesitated to ask when started out!

see, i had to learn the hard way!

thank you!
Prunesquallor
I read my copy over the Xmas break. Great work! It explained basic concepts in clear and elegant ways I hadn't thought about and enlightened me time and again. I'd highly recommend this to everyone, not just beginners, and I'd definitely be up for more books covering more advanced patching.
dan_k
Have been sporadically flipping through and enjoying this. Plenty of ideas that have jogged my thinking in new directions and would welcome any additional volumes.

Have left a review on lulu. Hope it encourages others to support your efforts.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 5 of 6