MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Unfiltered Audio BYOME
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Unfiltered Audio BYOME
KaOsphere
So, what do you expect ?

hyper
orangehexagon
link ? details ?
KaOsphere
Received an email a few days ago :

Finally: We have something new to show you soon.
We've been working hard on BYOME, our most ambitious effect yet. We have added a pile of new modulators and a complete UI refresh. Additionally, we have created a new technology that will be the largest change to Unfiltered plugins since our modulation system. We will send out another email in about a month with more information. Make sure you opt in to our new mailing list below so that you can stay up-to-date!

And that’s all folks !
Entrainer
Is it the granular synth/processor?
ignatius
Mr. Green whistlin'
KaOsphere
Incoming Artist presets ! applause

Note to self : keep plugin alliance june voucher at all cost !
astrodislocate
Prediction: From fact that it's named "Byome" I'd infer this is something that's meant to have a degree of unpredictability, a "mind of its own" if you will. Assuming it's a granular effect, maybe it has a heavy emphasis on randomness/chaos? Or maybe the grains themselves interact with each other in some way hmmm.....
mt3
I expect it to say "Buy Me!" and I most likely will.
nanners
KaOsphere
I already transfer my incomes directly to unfiltered audio bank account so we do not both lose time with payment procedures...
grillo
I thought they were working on a synth, and I had heard some cool things about it like per key modulation with all their semi modular routings.

But I’ll take a granular thingie from them as well. Those processors can literally become anything with their modulation system.
Funky40
KaOsphere wrote:
I already transfer my incomes directly to unfiltered audio bank account so we do not both lose time with payment procedures...

yeah Mr. Lizard,
just place a basket here and we will empty our pockets straight into it from time to time lol



btw. my biggest feature request:
a "CV recorder" module within the modulation section:
"record manually some knob wiggling, thats then the "LFO" "


....and then walk from there to even deeper grounds, yet obvious ones........
orangehexagon
Funky40 wrote:
KaOsphere wrote:
I already transfer my incomes directly to unfiltered audio bank account so we do not both lose time with payment procedures...

yeah Mr. Lizard,
just place a basket here and we will empty our pockets straight into it from time to time lol



btw. my biggest feature request:
a "CV recorder" module within the modulation section:
"record manually some knob wiggling, thats then the "LFO" "


....and then walk from there to even deeper grounds, yet obvious ones........


this is an awesome idea
thelizard
Whoa! I need to visit this subforum more often. We've been pulling 12-14 hour days for the past week fixing all of the bug reports that we received from the last build.

BYOME is an effect. The name is an acronym. It has a very nice granulator, but it's not THE granulator that we're planning on doing eventually. We're still doing a synth, planned for October or November.

I announced the new modulators (except for one amazing one) on KVR:
-Probability Gate and Trigger generator
-Chaos generator (Logistic Map with S+H)
-Gate and Trigger sequencer
-Comparator
-XY Pad
-Modulation Scope
-AD Envelope
-ADSR Envelope

The modulation recorder is an awesome idea, but it's unfortunately way to close to release to get it in there. The recording + playback would be easy, but doing all of the testing to make sure that the recording stays with project instances would be a lot of QA overhead at this point in the process.

Wes from Grayscale has been helping us with graphic design. It looks way better than our previous plugins.

We've rewritten almost every aspect of our common codebase from scratch to accommodate our vision for this. This kicks off Phase 3 of our plugin designs (with the modulation system being Phase 2).

I'm going to be at MixCon in Brooklyn (in July) showing off the final product. It should be released around the same time.
orangehexagon
thelizard wrote:
Whoa! I need to visit this subforum more often. We've been pulling 12-14 hour days for the past week fixing all of the bug reports that we received from the last build.

BYOME is an effect. The name is an acronym. It has a very nice granulator, but it's not THE granulator that we're planning on doing eventually. We're still doing a synth, planned for October or November.

I announced the new modulators (except for one amazing one) on KVR:
-Probability Gate and Trigger generator
-Chaos generator (Logistic Map with S+H)
-Gate and Trigger sequencer
-Comparator
-XY Pad
-Modulation Scope
-AD Envelope
-ADSR Envelope

The modulation recorder is an awesome idea, but it's unfortunately way to close to release to get it in there. The recording + playback would be easy, but doing all of the testing to make sure that the recording stays with project instances would be a lot of QA overhead at this point in the process.

Wes from Grayscale has been helping us with graphic design. It looks way better than our previous plugins.

We've rewritten almost every aspect of our common codebase from scratch to accommodate our vision for this. This kicks off Phase 3 of our plugin designs (with the modulation system being Phase 2).

I'm going to be at MixCon in Brooklyn (in July) showing off the final product. It should be released around the same time.


Sounds awesome! Let me know if you need another person to do some QA -- I've a lot of software QA work over the years.
Funky40
thelizard wrote:

The modulation recorder is an awesome idea, but it's unfortunately way to close to release to get it in there.

it was a "general request" to all your "creative" FX, mainly Spec Ops.
....totally aware that to implement such things is a undertaking on its own.
just thought i´d throw it in here as we are on it wink
astrodislocate
Quote:
The name is an acronym


Build Your Own Multi Effect?
dave_samuels
astrodislocate wrote:
Quote:
The name is an acronym


Build Your Own Multi Effect?


ooohhhhh. that would fit so well. you may have cracked it...
KaOsphere
astrodislocate wrote:
Quote:
The name is an acronym


Build Your Own Multi Effect?


love

Do you plan to port the new modulation system to your whole range of product ?
Funky40
dave_samuels wrote:
astrodislocate wrote:
Quote:
The name is an acronym


Build Your Own Multi Effect?


ooohhhhh. that would fit so well. you may have cracked it...

i share that opinion

a maybe to early applause
thelizard
astrodislocate wrote:
Quote:
The name is an acronym


Build Your Own Multi Effect?


Well... you pretty much nailed it.

Josh and I have been working 60+ hours a week getting this ready. We're turning in the first Plugin Alliance build on Sunday night. Hopefully this will be out in mid July. I'll be presenting it at MixCon 2018 in NYC (https://www.facebook.com/events/439443056516713/).

Here's a low-res teaser of a drum loop running through five BYOME cells:
astrodislocate
Sorry, hope you weren't trying too hard to keep that under wraps, I guess I just got lucky oops

Can't wait to get a chance to make some noise with this thing.
Entrainer
thelizard wrote:

I announced the new modulators (except for one amazing one) on KVR:


Boolean Logic + Clock Divider?
Funky40
another STRONG feature request, in general to all unfiltered VST FX, mainly SpecOPs anyway, more controls for the envelope follower !!! there is so much hidden secret there in my opinion



me now for BYOME: hyper hyper help hyper hyper


SpecOPs is one reason i´d never want to be without a PC again for doing musics.
big fan love !......and then zip love
mt3
Funky40 wrote:
another STRONG feature request, in general to all unfiltered VST FX, mainly SpecOPs anyway, more controls for the envelope follower !!! there is so much hidden secret there in my opinion


Envelope flowers are the most underrated utilities ever.
Funky40
mt3 wrote:

Envelope flowers are the most underrated utilities ever.

exactly my speak !

took me 12 years of beeing into modular to understand this.
but finally was it the VST FX´s which showed me the way wink i do alots in specOps with the "envflower" wink


.....there is a hidden so far, afaik, not revealed depth to it.
needs to have advanced control to unleash it..........just my opinion
thelizard
In the above list, I left off three of the new modulators...

One of them is called "Spectral Follower"
Moon Indigo
I’m reasonably hyped about this.
Funky40
juli voucher is out from plugin alliance !
i had to cancel the newsletter there cause of spaming........
but BYOME was reason to subscribe again. ( since i get a monthly voucher )

will BYOME come this month ?
no chance, little chance, medium chance, good chance, comes much likely ?


...excited to see what BYOME will be.
i expect kind of a mix in a modular package of the other units.
and some maybe ?
hope we can put devices into a fedback path of others ?
thelizard
The beta is going along real well. I'd say early August to be safe, but there's an outside chance of late July.

There are 40 effect modules. None of them are FFT-based. Some of the modules have multiple algorithms to choose from. For instance, "Saturation" has 8 algorithms (we moved Wavefold, Overfold, and Harsh Fold to a different "Wavefold" module), "Lo-Fi Reverb" has ten, and "Stereo Image" has eight. The "Granulator" module is a tester favorite and could have been a standalone plugin. People also love "Deep Reverb".

We're in the last sprint to finish the UI, so hopefully I can post more soon.
KaOsphere
What to spend July voucher on then ? hmmm.....

...
...
...

waah
thelizard
KaOsphere wrote:
What to spend July voucher on then ? hmmm.....


Personal non-UA PA favorites... If any of these go on sale, they're great choices:
Black Box HG-2: Used on every track on both of my EPs.

bx_refinement: Also used on almost every track. This really helps to remove harshness from extreme time stretching and pitch shifting.

bx_delay 2500: I used this on the opening track of Telemetry (https://thefebruarythaw.bandcamp.com/album/telemetry-ep). It's not as deep as Sandman Pro, but the feature set makes it sit really well in a mix without drawing attention to it.

bx_digital: My go-to EQ. It gets the job done quickly. The auto-monitoring feature when changing values is great.

bx_subsynth: Adds sub-bass to reinforce tracks. Honestly, I can't make heads or tails of how to use it, but the presets are useful. I need to sit down with the manual and actually learn it hihi


We posted a new BYOME audio example yesterday:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkymVniAT87/?taken-by=unfilteredaudio

The only input was a single tap on a laptop microphone.
KaOsphere
I'll patiently await until the end of July to see if you have anything for us !

Om
Funky40
thelizard wrote:


We posted a new BYOME audio example yesterday:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkymVniAT87/?taken-by=unfilteredaudio

The only input was a single tap on a laptop microphone.


Thanks for feedback !


the strange thing is: your audio demo sounds very reminiscent to what i got out the last weeks with my current FX patch, running Piano ( Pinaoteq) thru it hihi
there are usually several instances of ZIP, at least one of SpecOPs and some Delays abused as resonators......respectivly FX built to act directly as a resonator ( moodal for example, which virtually is the part that turns the sounds in the direction of your demo )



.....VERY curious now Guinness ftw!
thelizard
Funky40 wrote:
thelizard wrote:


We posted a new BYOME audio example yesterday:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkymVniAT87/?taken-by=unfilteredaudio

The only input was a single tap on a laptop microphone.


Thanks for feedback !


the strange thing is: your audio demo sounds very reminiscent to what i got out the last weeks with my current FX patch, running Piano ( Pinaoteq) thru it hihi
there are usually several instances of ZIP, at least one of SpecOPs and some Delays abused as resonators......respectivly FX built to act directly as a resonator ( moodal for example, which virtually is the part that turns the sounds in the direction of your demo )



.....VERY curious now Guinness ftw!


Well you'll definitely be happy then.

One of our most common requests for Sandman Pro was to lower the minimum delay rate for comb abuse or to increase the maximum for long-form echoes. The expanded ranges never quite felt right to me from a knobfeel standpoint, so I wanted to take a stab at this is in a more specialized module.

One of the BYOME modules is "Comb Filter". It has four time ranges: Low, Tempo Sync, High, and Quantized.
Low: 1/20th Hz to 20 Hz
Synced: 8 bars to 1/16th
High: 1/20th Hz to 1000 Hz
Quantized: C-2 to G8

It has a slew control to determine how quickly it changes times. The high mode is especially wild for glitchy noises since it has such a wide range.

It was a hit with testers, so we also added in a "Resonator Bank" module, with four quantized Comb Filters each with independent pitch and gain. It's a lot like the Ableton Resonators effect, but more modulation friendly.
Funky40
thelizard wrote:


One of the BYOME modules is "Comb Filter". It has four time ranges: Low, Tempo Sync, High, and Quantized.
Low: 1/20th Hz to 20 Hz
Synced: 8 bars to 1/16th
High: 1/20th Hz to 1000 Hz
Quantized: C-2 to G8

.


Can the modes switch be set to a controller ?
If not, .....or anyway.....please allow me a suggestion:
How about a "get wild" mode between "synced" and "high" ?
1000hz or higher ( can´t tell) up to something like a dotted quarter,
just that it would be 1/64th / 1/32th / 1/16th / 1/8th / dotted 1/8th / 1/4th / dotted 1/4th *just* at the most upper CW part of the "pot-turn".
focus totally on the resonating stuff but with the ability "to go wild" at full CW settings.

You know, for that funky sequenzing, or manual mangling stuff. ( me looking at my unused doepfer 4012 tap BBD now. AS RS290 was also doing those wild things. its awesome to walk between both worlds, plus some glitch on the inbetween zone wink )


anyway, sounds all awesome allready ! please don´t get me wrong.
very excited...........
i´m just a creative myself. i "have" to think, allways. wink
abluesky
I love Ableton’s Resonator. If BYOME sounds as good and provides more modulation options, I’m getting it for that alone.
astrodislocate
thelizard wrote:
I'll be presenting it at MixCon 2018 in NYC (https://www.facebook.com/events/439443056516713/).


So MixCon's come and gone, do we have any new footage or info yet? hyper
thelizard
astrodislocate wrote:
thelizard wrote:
I'll be presenting it at MixCon 2018 in NYC (https://www.facebook.com/events/439443056516713/).


So MixCon's come and gone, do we have any new footage or info yet? hyper


I just got back late last night after ten days in NYC. I'm still recovering, but we're going to start posting a lot more info soon. Here's an image of Matt Lange presenting BYOME at MixCon. He was using it to create an epic string sound out of a Piston Honda drone. We'll have a higher quality video posted soon once the MixCon videos are posted.

Parhelic
The UI is looking impressive!
Moon Indigo
Parhelic wrote:
The UI is looking impressive!


Agree. I am hoping this turns out to be what I dreamed that Molekular had been.

What's the $$?
Moon Indigo
Michael: are you rolling out the same GUI as an update to your other plugins?

Also - is there an overlap between this and Reaktor Blocks?

Presume this is CV ready?
Funky40
Moon Indigo wrote:
I am hoping this turns out to be what I dreamed that Molekular had been.

just the same thought here.


BYOME:
patchable ? ( obviously it is )
a FX within a feedback path possible ?
ADSRs ? wuhuu. Also triggerable by a gate coming to a miditrack ? ( in live)
thelizard
Replying to the last few posts...

Price: undetermined so far. This plugin has more code than all of our previous plugins combined, but we don't want it to be out-of-reach.

GUI updates for previous products: We essentially wrote a new common library from scratch to accommodate all of the changes here. I would love to give the previous products a visual refresh, but it's more complicated than "useNewSkin = true" lol When we do major updates for previous products (major meaning breaking changes like adding in external sidechain support, our new macro system, etc.), then they will be visually updated as well.

There are some long-requested features in our new common library. You can now type in values by double clicking on any parameter label. Interface scaling is smooth (using a corner resizer) and is saved per-instance.

Reaktor Blocks overlap: Yes, some of my Block effects have been ported to here. We've also turned the Logic Mix Block into a Modulator.

CV Ready: At the moment, no. There's not an offset generator effect, so you can't send CVs out of it. The first few versions of Dent could output CV (by way of modulating the BIAS knob), but Dent at least had a safety DC Block button that would almost always be on. There's a DC Blocker in the BYOME list, but it's not on the output by default. In general, in a plugin that's not CV-dedicated, it would be dangerous for us to include the ability to send DC to the output.

Patchable: Yes, absolutely. You can even re-order modulators and effects by dragging and dropping. We spent a lot of time so that there aren't clicks/pops when re-ordering effects.

FX within feedback paths: No, not for BYOME. We want this to be as easy-to-use as possible, so there is one serial effect row without multi-level nesting. Most of the effects with feedback (all of the delays, Comb filter, etc.) have a filter in the feedback patch.

ADSR: Yep! It can be triggered by other modulators at the moment. We plan on adding MIDI triggering to the first update.
Moon Indigo
thelizard wrote:
Replying to the last few posts...

Price: undetermined so far. This plugin has more code than all of our previous plugins combined, but we don't want it to be out-of-reach.

GUI updates for previous products: We essentially wrote a new common library from scratch to accommodate all of the changes here. I would love to give the previous products a visual refresh, but it's more complicated than "useNewSkin = true" lol When we do major updates for previous products (major meaning breaking changes like adding in external sidechain support, our new macro system, etc.), then they will be visually updated as well.

There are some long-requested features in our new common library. You can now type in values by double clicking on any parameter label. Interface scaling is smooth (using a corner resizer) and is saved per-instance.

Reaktor Blocks overlap: Yes, some of my Block effects have been ported to here. We've also turned the Logic Mix Block into a Modulator.

CV Ready: At the moment, no. There's not an offset generator effect, so you can't send CVs out of it. The first few versions of Dent could output CV (by way of modulating the BIAS knob), but Dent at least had a safety DC Block button that would almost always be on. There's a DC Blocker in the BYOME list, but it's not on the output by default. In general, in a plugin that's not CV-dedicated, it would be dangerous for us to include the ability to send DC to the output.

Patchable: Yes, absolutely. You can even re-order modulators and effects by dragging and dropping. We spent a lot of time so that there aren't clicks/pops when re-ordering effects.

FX within feedback paths: No, not for BYOME. We want this to be as easy-to-use as possible, so there is one serial effect row without multi-level nesting. Most of the effects with feedback (all of the delays, Comb filter, etc.) have a filter in the feedback patch.

ADSR: Yep! It can be triggered by other modulators at the moment. We plan on adding MIDI triggering to the first update.


Thanks for the detailed reply thelizard! Really looking forward to this. Dedicated Dent 2 and Sandman Pro user here, and I really use and enjoy your blocks.
Funky40
thelizard wrote:
We plan on adding MIDI triggering to the first update.

This is great to hear. This will make for shure a difference


thelizard wrote:
Most of the effects with feedback (all of the delays, Comb filter, etc.) have a filter in the feedback patch. .

I see. so my hopes were too high a little wink
To my view, filters is just what has to be in a feedback path,.......
my thoughts were somewhere else....... hihi wink
But since you have resonators as such, i will be anyway lucky as fu..iiiiep wink
Moon Indigo
The Lizard, when's launch? Put us out of our misery smile
SunSpots
oh yeah, so this is really curious to me. Are there any more pre-marketing videos out there? I want to see some of this baby in action, or is it all hush hush?
thelizard
The code is almost to release candidate state, but we're in preset and tutorial mode. We're hoping late August for release, but there are a lot of variables.

Ivo Ivanov turned in a spectacular set of about 50 presets. I've done about 100 presets so far, and we're hiring one of the PA associates to do another 150 or so. Once we have a final set of presets (which will likely be over 400 at this rate), we have to resave everything in NKS format and get those approved by NI for release.

The Matt Lange demo that I posted is the only interface video made so far. The MixCon team is sending us a much higher-quality version of that, but it will be closer to release. We posted a teaser of a self-generating patch reacting to a single microphone tap (https://www.instagram.com/p/BkymVniAT87/?taken-by=unfilteredaudio). We also have the YouTube video that got wrecked by compression, but still shows off the sounds of the Stutter module with some Lo-Fi Reverb and a few others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZaVbej_XrI

I think this week is our last week of working on interface tweaks, so we'll share more stuff once we're confident that the interface is final.
Moon Indigo
thelizard wrote:
The code is almost to release candidate state, but we're in preset and tutorial mode. We're hoping late August for release, but there are a lot of variables.

Ivo Ivanov turned in a spectacular set of about 50 presets. I've done about 100 presets so far, and we're hiring one of the PA associates to do another 150 or so. Once we have a final set of presets (which will likely be over 400 at this rate), we have to resave everything in NKS format and get those approved by NI for release.

The Matt Lange demo that I posted is the only interface video made so far. The MixCon team is sending us a much higher-quality version of that, but it will be closer to release. We posted a teaser of a self-generating patch reacting to a single microphone tap (https://www.instagram.com/p/BkymVniAT87/?taken-by=unfilteredaudio). We also have the YouTube video that got wrecked by compression, but still shows off the sounds of the Stutter module with some Lo-Fi Reverb and a few others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZaVbej_XrI

I think this week is our last week of working on interface tweaks, so we'll share more stuff once we're confident that the interface is final.


Thanks! Good luck with the home stretch.
SunSpots
thelizard wrote:
The code is almost to release candidate state, but we're in preset and tutorial mode. We're hoping late August for release, but there are a lot of variables.

Ivo Ivanov turned in a spectacular set of about 50 presets. I've done about 100 presets so far, and we're hiring one of the PA associates to do another 150 or so. Once we have a final set of presets (which will likely be over 400 at this rate), we have to resave everything in NKS format and get those approved by NI for release.

The Matt Lange demo that I posted is the only interface video made so far. The MixCon team is sending us a much higher-quality version of that, but it will be closer to release. We posted a teaser of a self-generating patch reacting to a single microphone tap (https://www.instagram.com/p/BkymVniAT87/?taken-by=unfilteredaudio). We also have the YouTube video that got wrecked by compression, but still shows off the sounds of the Stutter module with some Lo-Fi Reverb and a few others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZaVbej_XrI

I think this week is our last week of working on interface tweaks, so we'll share more stuff once we're confident that the interface is final.


Yeah man thanks, I didn't see that instragram. It helps a lot. From what was described It sounds like it can do insanely more than those little clips and I'm very interested. I just got some multifx vsts and I REALLY like that kind of idea. I'll watch this thread, so when you release some info please post it so I can get a notification. I typically won't get any email notifications.
thelizard
Ivo Ivanov of Glitchmachines created 50+ factory presets that will come with BYOME. Our first teaser is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F6dQoK8Yv4

Moon Indigo
thelizard wrote:
Ivo Ivanov of Glitchmachines created 50+ factory presets that will come with BYOME. Our first teaser is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F6dQoK8Yv4



Like it. Looking forward to hearing some melodic parts run through it smile
SunSpots
I like it too. Really adds some color. Of course the beats are all crazy they feed in.
astrodislocate
I can tell that the first visualizer is a (really pretty) oscilloscope, and that third one is a Fourier analysis, but I'm stumped on what the second one represents. What is it?
Funky40
I like the Demo also, much resembling to SpecOps wink
personally i´d like to hear the clean input beat also


thelizard wrote:

FX within feedback paths: No, not for BYOME. We want this to be as easy-to-use as possible, so there is one serial effect row without multi-level nesting.

Hopefully you´d consider to do also a BYOME PRO at a later stage, incl. upgrade possibility. Would be a VERY welcome move wink

there is a real lack in the DIY feedback patch departmend, IMO wink (i have the Reaktor multi FX thing. its not what i like to see)


PA august voucher came in. hope Byome is doing it in august wink
astrodislocate
To be fair, feedback stability in a purely digital system is a really touchy thing, and in a lot of cases the results probably don't sound as good as they would in analog. Unless you're specifically referring to the feedback path in a delay effect.
Loopy C
The Plugin Alliance August vouchers are out...any update as to whether there will be an August release?

Thanks in advance
thelizard
Loopy C wrote:
The Plugin Alliance August vouchers are out...any update as to whether there will be an August release?

Thanks in advance


It will be a September release. Heard from marketing on Monday.
Loopy C
thelizard wrote:
Loopy C wrote:
The Plugin Alliance August vouchers are out...any update as to whether there will be an August release?

Thanks in advance


It will be a September release. Heard from marketing on Monday.


Ah, thank you very much, that's what I needed to know...I can now spend my current vouchers with impunity, as BYOME looks to be a no-brainer for me ;-)
mckenic
What are Plugin Alliance vouchers please? I dont really do software much so dont know.

Is it like a Netflix subscription thingy or just signing up for a newsletter?
Need to know for when this is released hihi

Thanks!
nangu
Quote:
Plugin Alliance Official Voucher Policy:

1 - If you spent $50 – 299 with us in the last 12 months, we will be sending you a $25 voucher for the next 12 months, every month (total voucher value of $300).

2 - If you spent $300 – $599 with us in the last 12 months, we will be sending you a $50 voucher for the next 12 month (total voucher value of $600).

3 - If you spent $600 or more with us in the last 12 months, we will be sending you a $75 voucher for the next 12 months (total voucher value of $900).
Soy Sos
I'm all about this. An insta-buy for sure!
mckenic
Thanks nangu!

That sounds like a cool and fair system, will pick this up from there!
Thanks for the info.
Funky40
mckenic wrote:
Thanks nangu!

That sounds like a cool and fair system, will pick this up from there!
Thanks for the info.

just that some pricing looks like your turkish carpet dealer around the corner.........
i´d not buy there much for regular prices, ......since they run sales every month watch a little........anyway true for the softys above the 200$ line.
my opinion on this
depends on brands etc.

the pricing for the unfiltered audio goods is good.
usually they have a initial rabatt anyway..........take them then or wait 6 or 9 months or so till the newer ones fall also into the "whatever called" rabatt days.
thats the budget variant to go......wink
unfiltered audio VSTs are anyway worth any penny and in my opinion cutting edge.....at least for very creative and experimental cats
Moon Indigo
Any update on this thelizard?
thelizard
I finished NKS ports and the manual last night. There are now about 430 presets, including 60 by Richard Devine, 70 by Ivo Ivanov, and 40 by ignatius. Toby Pitman did 150 more bread and butter presets for the factory library.

We're targeting the week of September 21st for a release.

I also now have the largest beard I've ever grown.
ignatius
thelizard wrote:


I also now have the largest beard I've ever grown.


ha! congrats on all fronts. can't wait for the release!
Moon Indigo
ignatius wrote:
thelizard wrote:


I also now have the largest beard I've ever grown.


ha! congrats on all fronts. can't wait for the release!


Any chance of including a beard emulator as one of the modules or is it too late in the development process?
martinjuenke
thelizard wrote:
I finished NKS ports and the manual last night. There are now about 430 presets, including 60 by Richard Devine, 70 by Ivo Ivanov, and 40 by ignatius. Toby Pitman did 150 more bread and butter presets for the factory library.

We're targeting the week of September 21st for a release.

I also now have the largest beard I've ever grown.

I‘ll save my PA voucher for it! nanners
Funky40
i know: 21st

but: hyper hyper hyper hyper

ahhhhh Dead Banana


lol


and sorry for waisting all your time
( i don´t do much of such posts wink )
Fayette
looking forward to try this, sounds very promising!!
listentoaheartbeat
thelizard wrote:
Ivo Ivanov of Glitchmachines created 50+ factory presets that will come with BYOME. Our first teaser is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F6dQoK8Yv4



Are you going to update your existing plug-ins with this GUI design? Looks much better!
KaOsphere
You could probably make a little effort to find this answer to your question :

thelizard wrote:
Replying to the last few posts...

GUI updates for previous products: We essentially wrote a new common library from scratch to accommodate all of the changes here. I would love to give the previous products a visual refresh, but it's more complicated than "useNewSkin = true" lol When we do major updates for previous products (major meaning breaking changes like adding in external sidechain support, our new macro system, etc.), then they will be visually updated as well.

thelizard
I posted this image on KVR. It's the first public image of the final interface... I posted it because someone asked when we're going to do a Renoun VST hihi



It's looking like we're still on for a Friday release.
Moon Indigo
thelizard wrote:
I posted this image on KVR. It's the first public image of the final interface... I posted it because someone asked when we're going to do a Renoun VST hihi



It's looking like we're still on for a Friday release.


Great news Michael, GUI looks fantastic. What's the price? Can we have a list of modules?
thelizard
BYOME Module List

Delays
Glitch Shift
Instant Delay
Multitap
Pitch Delay
Reverse Delay
Stutter
Tape Delay

Distortion
Bitcrush
Chebyshev
Contrast
Dent Rectify
Dent Shape
Overdrive
Saturation (8 modes)
Wavefold (3 modes)
Waveset

Dynamics
Auto Compressor
Compressor
Limiter
Noise Gate

Filters
Basic Filter (LP/HP/BP)
Comb Filter
Ladder Filter (LP, 4 stages to choose from)
One-Pole Filter (LP/HP)
Resonator Bank

Granular
Granulator
Pitch Shifter
Pulsar

Mixing
3-Band EQ
Mix Utility
Panner
Stereo Image

Modulation
Chorus
Flanger
Frequency Shifter
Phaser
Ring Modulator
Rotary Speaker
Tremolo
Vibrato

Reverbs
Deep Reverb
Lo-Fi Reverb (10 modes)
Renoun Reverb
Sandman Diffuse (this is the Diffuse knob from Sandman Pro)

---------------------------

Modulators

Analyzers
Comparator
Input Follower
Scope
Spectral Follower

Controllers
Meta
ROLI Lightpad
XY Pad

Envelopes
AD Envelope
ADSR Envelope

LFOs
Saw/Tri
Sine
Square

Modifiers
Exponent
Logic Mix

Random Sources
Chaos
Probability Gate
S+H Noise

Sequencers
Gate Sequencer
Step Sequencer
mt3
Quote:
Comparator
Input Follower
Scope
Spectral Follower


Whoa.
Funky40
thelizard wrote:

Granular
Granulator
Pitch Shifter
Pulsar


SlayerBadger!
ignatius
is primo stuff.

Moon Indigo
Hyped. Worried about the price, but we'll find out Fri!
mt3
mt3 wrote:
Quote:
Comparator
Input Follower
Scope
Spectral Follower


Whoa.


Ok, this one got me all Viagra'd up.
Is there inter-app communication magic (a la sidechaining) where the app can send and/or receive signals with other plugins?
sad banana
Please VST, please?
thelizard
mt3: yes, it has a sidechain input! You can connect a sidechain signal and use that for the Input or Spectral Follower modulators. The sidechain functionality works in VST, VST3, AAX, and AU.

ignatius: thanks! Speaking of primo material, everyone should check out your new album: https://ignatiusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/vitrine-mentions

Also speaking of ignatius and good music, the Comb Filter in BYOME was 100% inspired by his Octatrack Comb Filter EP: https://ignatiusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/cmbs-ep

After I listened to that, I ended up picking up an Octatrack. The Comb Filter on BYOME has a maximum time of 20 seconds all the way down to a few kHz. Like the Octatrack, there's a quantized mode where the Comb Filter is tuned to standard note values (i.e. C3). Of course, ignatius made a pile of killer presets with a heavy emphasis on comb abuse and granular explorations.

A few of the modules were actually going to be standalone plugins at various points over the last few years. Some of the new modulators were ported from Euro Reakt (Logic Mix, Probability Gate, etc.).
Loopy C
thelizard wrote:

ignatius: thanks! Speaking of primo material, everyone should check out your new album: https://ignatiusmusic.bandcamp.com/album/vitrine-mentions


I had just listened the morning before this post...true the 'primo' ;-) But full disclosure, was already a big fan (and had purchased full catalog upon discovering his music earlier this year). This one will be added soon smile
Loopy C
It's the 21st PST...which means I am impatiently refreshing Plugin Alliance page in browser waiting for the product announcement and trial link smile (and I actually DO have a life!)
jonne74
Loopy C wrote:
It's the 21st PST...which means I am impatiently refreshing Plugin Alliance page in browser waiting for the product announcement and trial link smile (and I actually DO have a life!)


12+ hours into 21st here.. patience.
thelizard
Plugin Alliance usually releases around 3PM PST, so for Europeans I recommend just adding 1 to the release date.

Unfortunately, I heard from on high that BYOME is being delayed for another week or two to finish preparing all of the marketing material. PA is targeting October 4th/5th for release.
Entrainer
thelizard wrote:

Unfortunately, I heard from on high that BYOME is being delayed for another week or two to finish preparing all of the marketing material. PA is targeting October 4th/5th for release.


astrodislocate
martinjuenke
thelizard wrote:
BYOME Module List

Delays
Glitch Shift
Instant Delay
Multitap
Pitch Delay
Reverse Delay
Stutter
Tape Delay

Distortion
Bitcrush
Chebyshev
Contrast
Dent Rectify
Dent Shape
Overdrive
Saturation (8 modes)
Wavefold (3 modes)
Waveset

Dynamics
Auto Compressor
Compressor
Limiter
Noise Gate

Filters
Basic Filter (LP/HP/BP)
Comb Filter
Ladder Filter (LP, 4 stages to choose from)
One-Pole Filter (LP/HP)
Resonator Bank

Granular
Granulator
Pitch Shifter
Pulsar

Mixing
3-Band EQ
Mix Utility
Panner
Stereo Image

Modulation
Chorus
Flanger
Frequency Shifter
Phaser
Ring Modulator
Rotary Speaker
Tremolo
Vibrato

Reverbs
Deep Reverb
Lo-Fi Reverb (10 modes)
Renoun Reverb
Sandman Diffuse (this is the Diffuse knob from Sandman Pro)

---------------------------

Modulators

Analyzers
Comparator
Input Follower
Scope
Spectral Follower

Controllers
Meta
ROLI Lightpad
XY Pad

Envelopes
AD Envelope
ADSR Envelope

LFOs
Saw/Tri
Sine
Square

Modifiers
Exponent
Logic Mix

Random Sources
Chaos
Probability Gate
S+H Noise

Sequencers
Gate Sequencer
Step Sequencer

OMG, that list sounds expensive...
Moon Indigo
thelizard wrote:
Plugin Alliance usually releases around 3PM PST, so for Europeans I recommend just adding 1 to the release date.

Unfortunately, I heard from on high that BYOME is being delayed for another week or two to finish preparing all of the marketing material. PA is targeting October 4th/5th for release.


Bummer. There goes my weekend plans.
jonne74
Moon Indigo wrote:
thelizard wrote:
Plugin Alliance usually releases around 3PM PST, so for Europeans I recommend just adding 1 to the release date.

Unfortunately, I heard from on high that BYOME is being delayed for another week or two to finish preparing all of the marketing material. PA is targeting October 4th/5th for release.


Bummer. There goes my weekend plans.


Yeah, how am I supposed to finish this track I'm working on now? This latest plug-in was going to be my solution for everything. Seriously, two weeks is nothing. Too bad I'll be in Copenhagen that weekend, throwing people around on the mat.
Entrainer
eyes...
nangu
hyper
martinjuenke
Meanwhile: Guinness ftw!
nangu
It is alive:
https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/unfiltered_audio_byome.htm l

Unfortunately, I happen to be located deep inside the asscrack of the universe right now, and only my phone has internet. So I won’t be able to try it out until sometime tonight.. very frustrating
starthief
Hot damn! w00t
KaOsphere
Too bad you have to download another crappy plugin manager...
mckenic
Was going to ask as I find it hard to see - where do I simply just buy it (or demo it) without everything else?
KaOsphere
Only demo for now, pricing is yet to be announced...For the rest, no individual file it seems...
mckenic
Thanks! thumbs up
nangu
mckenic wrote:
where do I simply just buy it


Funky40
ok, how do i get this demo to download ?
their page has rendered my nerves system close to zero within the last minutes.
what a crappy shop system that is now .........


i downlaoded the download manager. no see no byome (demo).....
whats to do ?
KaOsphere
Wait for release ! Om
Funky40
edit: got it
mckenic
nangu wrote:
mckenic wrote:
where do I simply just buy it




lol thumbs up
Moon Indigo
mckenic wrote:
nangu wrote:
mckenic wrote:
where do I simply just buy it




lol thumbs up


The lizard, can we please have a price?
martinjuenke
Moon Indigo wrote:
mckenic wrote:
nangu wrote:
mckenic wrote:
where do I simply just buy it




lol thumbs up


The lizard, can we please have a price?

Somewhere between $29 and $299 I assume...
mt3
Quick initial thoughts:
    * damn great overall
    * I hate plugin managers as well, mostly due to horrible experiences with other plugin (aka bloatware, spyware, slow-your-CPU-down, etc) managers
    * running through the presets showed no wild CPU usage fluctuations. I need to explore this further though
    * I like the GUI update, but it's a little unfamiliar due to being used to Unfiltered's other plugins
    * great variety of presets. I'm a HUGE fan of the "Rob Papen infinite number of presets included" approach.
    * ran it mostly through drums, very effective on a variety of levels
    * haven't needed to even open the manual
    * some presets have "mangled" explicitly in the title. Make sure to try those.
    * overall reminds me as a more controlled (i.e., more musical than experimental) version of all their other plugins combined together. This is very important for multieffects plugins and something I was worried about when I heard it was coming. Worry not.

w00t
thumbs up

EDIT: Forgot quite a few other important things:
    * run a drumloop through the BANK - Drums to Chords preset in the Filters folder. Wow.
    * when trying out presets lock the Mix amount to somewhere in the 30-70% range by right-clicking the Mix knob. Same with the In Gain.
    * can't recall if I requested this, but there is now a variable parameter knob for Automatic Gain Control. Makes dialing in the Wet/Dry balance MUCH easier now (unsure if Trim in their other plugins did this).
Funky40
the SpecOps and Zip, IIRC, were 149.-$, with a initial price of 99$ IIRC for something like 30 days or so......at Plugin alliance.
we´ll see.
First sales then allready after 6 months or so IIRC.......
Moon Indigo
Funky40 wrote:
the SpecOps and Zip, IIRC, were 149.-$, with a initial price of 99$ IIRC for something like 30 days or so......at Plugin alliance.
we´ll see.
First sales then allready after 6 months or so IIRC.......


Surely they couldn’t charge $199 for this?
ignatius
it's an amazing processor. sounds delicious. essential plug in to have imo.

congrats to unfiltered audio on the release!
digidandy
Looks very, very promising. But weird pricing strategy, announcing a product with no price, available in "a few days".
Funky40
digidandy wrote:
Looks very, very promising. But weird pricing strategy, announcing a product with no price, available in "a few days".

thats in fact very clever from a business standpoint in my opinion.
also to shift the release to oktober vs. september since we will see lots of sales this month anyway. think: voucher codes.
also stepped my voucher code this month down for example. might be so also for others i could imagine.



i thought i wrote yesterday a post about my enthusiasm in regards to BYOME.
but nothing to see........(?)

in short: doing my own first patch trys had i gold going within very short time !
But: the "Zip" Compressor, another goody from Unfiltered audio was -as so often- heavily involved ! Zip is also not to underestimate
grillo
I a have demoed this briefly and it’s really good.
I have all the unfiltered stuff so the sound palette of the algos is roughly the same, even though byome has more types of fx.

The modulation system looks vastly improved though, and it opens up a lot more possibilities, it’s just so fun working with it that I wish all of my plugins had that.

I’ll get it for sure if it’s priced more or less in line with their other products, I might skip getting it if they announce free updates to their line of plugs with the new modulation system.

I would pay any amount of money if byome could host and integrate other vsts in it.
Soy Sos
Spent about an hour with BYOME creating and modifying presets.
I'm an Unfiltered fan back from the original Sandman release
and own everything so far. This covers pretty much anything I would
want to do and sounds great. I guess the only bummer is that I've
bought everything from Unfiltered already, but could cover all that
the existing plugs do with BYOME. I'm getting it for sure tho.
Glad to support such an innovative developer.
jonne74
This is an instant buy. Love it.
droningspaghettimonster
been giving the vst3 version a quick run in bitwig 2.4... holy f*** zombie
Moon Indigo
I agree with all the above. This is really fantastic.
digidandy
Funky40 wrote:
digidandy wrote:
Looks very, very promising. But weird pricing strategy, announcing a product with no price, available in "a few days".

thats in fact very clever from a business standpoint in my opinion.


I'd like to see proof how not announcing a price generates more sales! hmmm.....
KaOsphere
Finally tested the demo...

Tbh, getting it or not will highly depends on price,sales or discount for existing customers...

I already own all other unfiltered products and BYOME, feels more like all previous plugins combined in one interface.

I do not find the "fresh twist on something well known" UA was famous for...
There are more modulators, a granular processing, resonator bank, wavefolder yes, but almost everything doesn't seem really different from what I have with dent,fault,zip,sandman,spec ops, g8...

I gonna add to that that I do not find the new GUI to be really great...
It's aliased, colours are on the meh side ( black and dark grey are ok though ! ) they seem somewhat oversaturated, yes purple glitch shifter I'm looking at you...

GUI feels a bit like early 2000's flash vector style...Yeah it was the future back then !
When I saw that the window was scalable, I naturally expected have more modules on display, I was wrong, instead of a crowed standard sized window, I now got a crowded giant window.

Not sure if a vector window is really interesting without a zoom fonction and the ability to get rid of these unbearable scrollbars...


All text in this post is preceeded by : IMHO !
So, do not take it personnally, please, I'm not judging nor insulting your tastes or what this plugin has to be...
Since everyone seems to love BYOME I just feel it would be interesting to express a different opinion. This in not an absolute truth, this what I feel now...Maybe things will evolve... seriously, i just don't get it
Soy Sos
Spent some more time with the plug. I really like it and feel that it's
a wonderful sound design system. The new modifiers really open up
some seriously flexible options. I agree that an expandable stretched
view would be valuable as to keep and eye on everything going on at once.
starf
Like it a lot so far. Fed it FM'd DPO and E370 and mangled quite a bit with BYOME's parameters, lot of feedbacks and cross-modulations. Seems excellent for weird evolving space textures.
Curious about the price. hmmm.....
Entrainer
Price is up on the site, $179 intro, $249 standard... previous customers should check their email first.
KaOsphere
129$ for previous customers !

Dirk posted the code on the facebook page : BYOME-129-S8uz14a9

79$ with monthly voucher on top of that...

More than fair !

thumbs up
Entrainer
KaOsphere wrote:
129$ for previous customers !

Dirk posted the code on the facebook page : BYOME-129-S8uz14a9

79$ with monthly voucher on top of that...

More than fair !

thumbs up


It also looks like you can upgrade from previous versions of Unfiltered Audio plugins to BYOME if you log in to your PA account and "manage plugins". My upgrade price is $99, however, I own several Unfiltered Audio plugins.

This seems more than fair for the new modulation sources, reverb, and granular effects. Plus I never bought Zip, so it'll be interesting to play with dynamic effects in a modular environment.
KaOsphere
I probably missed this one... d'oh! I gonna contact the support... meh
saemola
Am I the only one getting subtle high frequency glitches when modulating (even slightly) the granulator pitch parameters?
digidandy
What a pleasant surprise! $99 because of previous Unfiltered buys. Definite no-brainer. Drums!
Moon Indigo
Bought for a very fair price as previous customer. Looking forward to spending some quality time with this smile
grimleyj
Did anyone get an October voucher yet?
poppinger
grimleyj wrote:
Did anyone get an October voucher yet?


I received mine, yes.
bishun
Entrainer wrote:

It also looks like you can upgrade from previous versions of Unfiltered Audio plugins to BYOME if you log in to your PA account and "manage plugins". My upgrade price is $99, however, I own several Unfiltered Audio plugins.


Thanks for pointing this out, almost missed it, this plus my PA voucher made it an easy decision.

Can't wait to dig in.
sp1200
Tried this briefly last night. Love the rest of Unflitered’s plugs and this looks like more of the same.
starf
BYOME was used extensively in this piece, especially for the main bass drone that goes all the way from start to finish.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/starf/scannt-in-solitude[/s]
spotta
Currently on sale for $69.
thumbs up
geremyf
Damn I missed the sale! SpecOps was $29 and I missed it. Aaarggh.
thelizard
Yeah, both of those were pretty crazy prices. I think PA will honor the sales price if you missed the sale by a few days: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/sales.html
Moon Indigo
thelizard wrote:
Yeah, both of those were pretty crazy prices. I think PA will honor the sales price if you missed the sale by a few days: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/sales.html


Thanks Michael, have messaged PA. There is little or no duplication between Specops and BYOME, correct?
geremyf
I emailed them as well but they would not extend the sale price.
Moon Indigo
geremyf wrote:
I emailed them as well but they would not extend the sale price.


Any chance you can twist their arm Michael? wink
mt3
Moon Indigo wrote:
thelizard wrote:
Yeah, both of those were pretty crazy prices. I think PA will honor the sales price if you missed the sale by a few days: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/sales.html


Thanks Michael, have messaged PA. There is little or no duplication between Specops and BYOME, correct?


Little. Very little.
digidandy
I was very excited about BYOME when I bought it, then I have increasingly become tired of the negative (IMO) sound signature. Almost everything you run through it, no matter which module you use, ends up sounding very grainy and rough - I find it almost impossible to make things more "smooth". Is it the internal resolution of the processing? Is it a lack of more smooth windowing?

And am I the only one who thinks this ...?
astrodislocate
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet (or maybe it's even a preset), but lately I've been using the spatialization effect on it's rotate mode, and modulating in various ways with a ton of copies of the spectrum analyzer modulator set to different modes and chained together in complex ways. It's an absolute god send when it comes to spatializing mono sounds that you can tell could have sounded better done in some elaborate stereo form which would be more feasible to do ITB, which is a common problem I've had with things I do with my modular. This alone justifies what I paid for it and then more.
nectarios
This plug in rips all my effects modules to pieces and uses them as confetti.
Can't believe I only spent 70something euros for this.
Soy Sos
digidandy, no, I'm not having any problems with "graininess" or anything like that. There are other plugs I reach for for certain jobs, but I'm finding all kinds of great uses for this plugin. I think the sound quality is great and the system of modulators is incredible. I love using combos of sequencing, LFOs and random for changing values.
Mr. Aloud
So now that this baby is out for some time, how does it compare to

- Ableton Live Effect Racks (with a bunch of 3rd party plugs you own anyway)
- NI Reaktor / Blocks
- A fireworx outboard unit
- similar things I don´ t own or know about smile

I´m looking at CPU resources needed, stability, sonic quality, user experience for complex setups, does the interface get cluttered etc.
Soy Sos
Mr. Aloud,
I'm pretty sure you can download and try the demo. Give it a shot and see for yourself.
Certain things like reverbs and delays, I'm usually gonna reach for Valhalla or Sound Toys.
Compression, I have my go to favorites with UAD, Klanghelm and a few others.

I'm clearly a fan of Unfiltered Audio though.
Mr. Aloud
Soy,

will definitely do that. Given that I get a discount price on BYOME, I almost bought blindly - but then said: wait a minute, can´t you do that with things you already own?

To be honest I´m not sure if I´m able to make more than an educated guess within the trial period, as it´s just a hobby (not full time and a demanding day job). That´s why I asked you guys, who obviously have more experience, pushed BYOME further and can do better comparisons. For example, I expect to find out whether I like the interface and simple workflows during demo, but I don´t expect to really know how "building a multi effect with some automation and CC control" compares to doing the same thing using reaktor/molekular or with ableton racks.

But yes, I´ll go for the demo this weekend as well. Still fishing for some recommendation from longtime and power users smile
Funky40
BYOME seems to have its biggest strenght in the enhanced modulation system,
which meant for me that my "patches on the fast" just to have a check were not that giving to me as could.
So i ended up usually just to use Spec´Ops which i´m a big fan of and which i know quite good, or lets say good enough to get quickly where my needs lie.
Otherwise have i missed several things within BYOME and have hoped for more initially. personally i bought it, but i have not used it again after some initial patchings.

if other FX will bring you there ?
again: Byomes strenght lies definitly "also" in its modulations capabilitys.
Does your other FX have that ? and would it be important for you to modulate ?
Mr. Aloud
Yep, I´m getting more into minimal territory, simple melodies with constant changes to the timbre, effects etc. I´m sure I could go for Reaktor, but I´m a bit intimidated by the learning curve. Stepping one level down from the "can do everything" to something that is more made for the purpose is what I´m after.

Currently thinking about
- BYOME, which I could get for 75 bucks via voucher
- HOFA systems that sells for twice that price
- get my lazy ass up and finally learn Reaktor
- or see where Ableton Effect Racks and a bit of M4l fu can get me.

Oh well, and all of this while I´m getting started with modulars grin.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 6
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group