MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Unfiltered Audio BYOME
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Unfiltered Audio BYOME
thelizard
In the above list, I left off three of the new modulators...

One of them is called "Spectral Follower"
Moon Indigo
I’m reasonably hyped about this.
Funky40
juli voucher is out from plugin alliance !
i had to cancel the newsletter there cause of spaming........
but BYOME was reason to subscribe again. ( since i get a monthly voucher )

will BYOME come this month ?
no chance, little chance, medium chance, good chance, comes much likely ?

...excited to see what BYOME will be.
i expect kind of a mix in a modular package of the other units.
and some maybe ?
hope we can put devices into a fedback path of others ?
thelizard
The beta is going along real well. I'd say early August to be safe, but there's an outside chance of late July.

There are 40 effect modules. None of them are FFT-based. Some of the modules have multiple algorithms to choose from. For instance, "Saturation" has 8 algorithms (we moved Wavefold, Overfold, and Harsh Fold to a different "Wavefold" module), "Lo-Fi Reverb" has ten, and "Stereo Image" has eight. The "Granulator" module is a tester favorite and could have been a standalone plugin. People also love "Deep Reverb".

We're in the last sprint to finish the UI, so hopefully I can post more soon.
KaOsphere
What to spend July voucher on then ? hmmm.....

waah
thelizard
KaOsphere wrote:
What to spend July voucher on then ? hmmm.....

Personal non-UA PA favorites... If any of these go on sale, they're great choices:
Black Box HG-2: Used on every track on both of my EPs.

bx_refinement: Also used on almost every track. This really helps to remove harshness from extreme time stretching and pitch shifting.

bx_delay 2500: I used this on the opening track of Telemetry (https://thefebruarythaw.bandcamp.com/album/telemetry-ep). It's not as deep as Sandman Pro, but the feature set makes it sit really well in a mix without drawing attention to it.

bx_digital: My go-to EQ. It gets the job done quickly. The auto-monitoring feature when changing values is great.

bx_subsynth: Adds sub-bass to reinforce tracks. Honestly, I can't make heads or tails of how to use it, but the presets are useful. I need to sit down with the manual and actually learn it hihi

We posted a new BYOME audio example yesterday:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkymVniAT87/?taken-by=unfilteredaudio

The only input was a single tap on a laptop microphone.
KaOsphere
I'll patiently await until the end of July to see if you have anything for us !

Om
Funky40
thelizard wrote:

Thanks for feedback !

the strange thing is: your audio demo sounds very reminiscent to what i got out the last weeks with my current FX patch, running Piano ( Pinaoteq) thru it hihi
there are usually several instances of ZIP, at least one of SpecOPs and some Delays abused as resonators......respectivly FX built to act directly as a resonator ( moodal for example, which virtually is the part that turns the sounds in the direction of your demo )

.....VERY curious now Guinness ftw!
thelizard
Funky40 wrote:
thelizard wrote:

Thanks for feedback !

the strange thing is: your audio demo sounds very reminiscent to what i got out the last weeks with my current FX patch, running Piano ( Pinaoteq) thru it hihi
there are usually several instances of ZIP, at least one of SpecOPs and some Delays abused as resonators......respectivly FX built to act directly as a resonator ( moodal for example, which virtually is the part that turns the sounds in the direction of your demo )

.....VERY curious now Guinness ftw!

Well you'll definitely be happy then.

One of our most common requests for Sandman Pro was to lower the minimum delay rate for comb abuse or to increase the maximum for long-form echoes. The expanded ranges never quite felt right to me from a knobfeel standpoint, so I wanted to take a stab at this is in a more specialized module.

One of the BYOME modules is "Comb Filter". It has four time ranges: Low, Tempo Sync, High, and Quantized.
Low: 1/20th Hz to 20 Hz
Synced: 8 bars to 1/16th
High: 1/20th Hz to 1000 Hz
Quantized: C-2 to G8

It has a slew control to determine how quickly it changes times. The high mode is especially wild for glitchy noises since it has such a wide range.

It was a hit with testers, so we also added in a "Resonator Bank" module, with four quantized Comb Filters each with independent pitch and gain. It's a lot like the Ableton Resonators effect, but more modulation friendly.
Funky40
thelizard wrote:

One of the BYOME modules is "Comb Filter". It has four time ranges: Low, Tempo Sync, High, and Quantized.
Low: 1/20th Hz to 20 Hz
Synced: 8 bars to 1/16th
High: 1/20th Hz to 1000 Hz
Quantized: C-2 to G8

Can the modes switch be set to a controller ?
If not, .....or anyway.....please allow me a suggestion:
How about a "get wild" mode between "synced" and "high" ?
1000hz or higher ( can´t tell) up to something like a dotted quarter,
just that it would be 1/64th / 1/32th / 1/16th / 1/8th / dotted 1/8th / 1/4th / dotted 1/4th *just* at the most upper CW part of the "pot-turn".
focus totally on the resonating stuff but with the ability "to go wild" at full CW settings.

You know, for that funky sequenzing, or manual mangling stuff. ( me looking at my unused doepfer 4012 tap BBD now. AS RS290 was also doing those wild things. its awesome to walk between both worlds, plus some glitch on the inbetween zone wink )

anyway, sounds all awesome allready ! please don´t get me wrong.
very excited...........
i´m just a creative myself. i "have" to think, allways. wink
abluesky
I love Ableton’s Resonator. If BYOME sounds as good and provides more modulation options, I’m getting it for that alone.
astrodislocate
thelizard wrote:
I'll be presenting it at MixCon 2018 in NYC (https://www.facebook.com/events/439443056516713/).

So MixCon's come and gone, do we have any new footage or info yet? hyper
thelizard
astrodislocate wrote:
thelizard wrote:
I'll be presenting it at MixCon 2018 in NYC (https://www.facebook.com/events/439443056516713/).

So MixCon's come and gone, do we have any new footage or info yet? hyper

I just got back late last night after ten days in NYC. I'm still recovering, but we're going to start posting a lot more info soon. Here's an image of Matt Lange presenting BYOME at MixCon. He was using it to create an epic string sound out of a Piston Honda drone. We'll have a higher quality video posted soon once the MixCon videos are posted.

Parhelic
The UI is looking impressive!
Moon Indigo
Parhelic wrote:
The UI is looking impressive!

Agree. I am hoping this turns out to be what I dreamed that Molekular had been.

What's the $$?
Moon Indigo
Michael: are you rolling out the same GUI as an update to your other plugins?

Also - is there an overlap between this and Reaktor Blocks?

Presume this is CV ready?
Funky40
Moon Indigo wrote:
I am hoping this turns out to be what I dreamed that Molekular had been.

just the same thought here.

BYOME:
patchable ? ( obviously it is )
a FX within a feedback path possible ?
ADSRs ? wuhuu. Also triggerable by a gate coming to a miditrack ? ( in live)
thelizard
Replying to the last few posts...

Price: undetermined so far. This plugin has more code than all of our previous plugins combined, but we don't want it to be out-of-reach.

GUI updates for previous products: We essentially wrote a new common library from scratch to accommodate all of the changes here. I would love to give the previous products a visual refresh, but it's more complicated than "useNewSkin = true" lol When we do major updates for previous products (major meaning breaking changes like adding in external sidechain support, our new macro system, etc.), then they will be visually updated as well.

There are some long-requested features in our new common library. You can now type in values by double clicking on any parameter label. Interface scaling is smooth (using a corner resizer) and is saved per-instance.

Reaktor Blocks overlap: Yes, some of my Block effects have been ported to here. We've also turned the Logic Mix Block into a Modulator.

CV Ready: At the moment, no. There's not an offset generator effect, so you can't send CVs out of it. The first few versions of Dent could output CV (by way of modulating the BIAS knob), but Dent at least had a safety DC Block button that would almost always be on. There's a DC Blocker in the BYOME list, but it's not on the output by default. In general, in a plugin that's not CV-dedicated, it would be dangerous for us to include the ability to send DC to the output.

Patchable: Yes, absolutely. You can even re-order modulators and effects by dragging and dropping. We spent a lot of time so that there aren't clicks/pops when re-ordering effects.

FX within feedback paths: No, not for BYOME. We want this to be as easy-to-use as possible, so there is one serial effect row without multi-level nesting. Most of the effects with feedback (all of the delays, Comb filter, etc.) have a filter in the feedback patch.

ADSR: Yep! It can be triggered by other modulators at the moment. We plan on adding MIDI triggering to the first update.
Moon Indigo
thelizard wrote:
Replying to the last few posts...

Price: undetermined so far. This plugin has more code than all of our previous plugins combined, but we don't want it to be out-of-reach.

GUI updates for previous products: We essentially wrote a new common library from scratch to accommodate all of the changes here. I would love to give the previous products a visual refresh, but it's more complicated than "useNewSkin = true" lol When we do major updates for previous products (major meaning breaking changes like adding in external sidechain support, our new macro system, etc.), then they will be visually updated as well.

There are some long-requested features in our new common library. You can now type in values by double clicking on any parameter label. Interface scaling is smooth (using a corner resizer) and is saved per-instance.

Reaktor Blocks overlap: Yes, some of my Block effects have been ported to here. We've also turned the Logic Mix Block into a Modulator.

CV Ready: At the moment, no. There's not an offset generator effect, so you can't send CVs out of it. The first few versions of Dent could output CV (by way of modulating the BIAS knob), but Dent at least had a safety DC Block button that would almost always be on. There's a DC Blocker in the BYOME list, but it's not on the output by default. In general, in a plugin that's not CV-dedicated, it would be dangerous for us to include the ability to send DC to the output.

Patchable: Yes, absolutely. You can even re-order modulators and effects by dragging and dropping. We spent a lot of time so that there aren't clicks/pops when re-ordering effects.

FX within feedback paths: No, not for BYOME. We want this to be as easy-to-use as possible, so there is one serial effect row without multi-level nesting. Most of the effects with feedback (all of the delays, Comb filter, etc.) have a filter in the feedback patch.

ADSR: Yep! It can be triggered by other modulators at the moment. We plan on adding MIDI triggering to the first update.

Thanks for the detailed reply thelizard! Really looking forward to this. Dedicated Dent 2 and Sandman Pro user here, and I really use and enjoy your blocks.
Funky40
thelizard wrote:
We plan on adding MIDI triggering to the first update.

This is great to hear. This will make for shure a difference

thelizard wrote:
Most of the effects with feedback (all of the delays, Comb filter, etc.) have a filter in the feedback patch. .

I see. so my hopes were too high a little wink
To my view, filters is just what has to be in a feedback path,.......
my thoughts were somewhere else....... hihi wink
But since you have resonators as such, i will be anyway lucky as fu..iiiiep wink
Moon Indigo
The Lizard, when's launch? Put us out of our misery smile
SunSpots
oh yeah, so this is really curious to me. Are there any more pre-marketing videos out there? I want to see some of this baby in action, or is it all hush hush?
thelizard
The code is almost to release candidate state, but we're in preset and tutorial mode. We're hoping late August for release, but there are a lot of variables.

Ivo Ivanov turned in a spectacular set of about 50 presets. I've done about 100 presets so far, and we're hiring one of the PA associates to do another 150 or so. Once we have a final set of presets (which will likely be over 400 at this rate), we have to resave everything in NKS format and get those approved by NI for release.

The Matt Lange demo that I posted is the only interface video made so far. The MixCon team is sending us a much higher-quality version of that, but it will be closer to release. We posted a teaser of a self-generating patch reacting to a single microphone tap (https://www.instagram.com/p/BkymVniAT87/?taken-by=unfilteredaudio). We also have the YouTube video that got wrecked by compression, but still shows off the sounds of the Stutter module with some Lo-Fi Reverb and a few others:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZaVbej_XrI

I think this week is our last week of working on interface tweaks, so we'll share more stuff once we're confident that the interface is final.
Moon Indigo
thelizard wrote:
The code is almost to release candidate state, but we're in preset and tutorial mode. We're hoping late August for release, but there are a lot of variables.

Ivo Ivanov turned in a spectacular set of about 50 presets. I've done about 100 presets so far, and we're hiring one of the PA associates to do another 150 or so. Once we have a final set of presets (which will likely be over 400 at this rate), we have to resave everything in NKS format and get those approved by NI for release.

The Matt Lange demo that I posted is the only interface video made so far. The MixCon team is sending us a much higher-quality version of that, but it will be closer to release. We posted a teaser of a self-generating patch reacting to a single microphone tap (https://www.instagram.com/p/BkymVniAT87/?taken-by=unfilteredaudio). We also have the YouTube video that got wrecked by compression, but still shows off the sounds of the Stutter module with some Lo-Fi Reverb and a few others:

I think this week is our last week of working on interface tweaks, so we'll share more stuff once we're confident that the interface is final.

Thanks! Good luck with the home stretch.
SunSpots
thelizard wrote:

Yeah man thanks, I didn't see that instragram. It helps a lot. From what was described It sounds like it can do insanely more than those little clips and I'm very interested. I just got some multifx vsts and I REALLY like that kind of idea. I'll watch this thread, so when you release some info please post it so I can get a notification. I typically won't get any email notifications.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 2 of 6