MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Unfiltered Audio BYOME
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [all]
Author Unfiltered Audio BYOME
KaOsphere
I probably missed this one... d'oh! I gonna contact the support... meh
saemola
Am I the only one getting subtle high frequency glitches when modulating (even slightly) the granulator pitch parameters?
digidandy
What a pleasant surprise! $99 because of previous Unfiltered buys. Definite no-brainer. Drums!
Moon Indigo
Bought for a very fair price as previous customer. Looking forward to spending some quality time with this smile
grimleyj
Did anyone get an October voucher yet?
poppinger
grimleyj wrote:
Did anyone get an October voucher yet?

I received mine, yes.
bishun
Entrainer wrote:

It also looks like you can upgrade from previous versions of Unfiltered Audio plugins to BYOME if you log in to your PA account and "manage plugins". My upgrade price is $99, however, I own several Unfiltered Audio plugins.

Thanks for pointing this out, almost missed it, this plus my PA voucher made it an easy decision.

Can't wait to dig in.
sp1200
Tried this briefly last night. Love the rest of Unflitered’s plugs and this looks like more of the same.
starf
BYOME was used extensively in this piece, especially for the main bass drone that goes all the way from start to finish.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/starf/scannt-in-solitude[/s]
spotta
Currently on sale for $69.
thumbs up
geremyf
Damn I missed the sale! SpecOps was $29 and I missed it. Aaarggh.
thelizard
Yeah, both of those were pretty crazy prices. I think PA will honor the sales price if you missed the sale by a few days: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/sales.html
Moon Indigo
thelizard wrote:
Yeah, both of those were pretty crazy prices. I think PA will honor the sales price if you missed the sale by a few days: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/sales.html

Thanks Michael, have messaged PA. There is little or no duplication between Specops and BYOME, correct?
geremyf
I emailed them as well but they would not extend the sale price.
Moon Indigo
geremyf wrote:
I emailed them as well but they would not extend the sale price.

Any chance you can twist their arm Michael? wink
mt3
Moon Indigo wrote:
thelizard wrote:

Thanks Michael, have messaged PA. There is little or no duplication between Specops and BYOME, correct?

Little. Very little.
digidandy
I was very excited about BYOME when I bought it, then I have increasingly become tired of the negative (IMO) sound signature. Almost everything you run through it, no matter which module you use, ends up sounding very grainy and rough - I find it almost impossible to make things more "smooth". Is it the internal resolution of the processing? Is it a lack of more smooth windowing?

And am I the only one who thinks this ...?
astrodislocate
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet (or maybe it's even a preset), but lately I've been using the spatialization effect on it's rotate mode, and modulating in various ways with a ton of copies of the spectrum analyzer modulator set to different modes and chained together in complex ways. It's an absolute god send when it comes to spatializing mono sounds that you can tell could have sounded better done in some elaborate stereo form which would be more feasible to do ITB, which is a common problem I've had with things I do with my modular. This alone justifies what I paid for it and then more.
nectarios
This plug in rips all my effects modules to pieces and uses them as confetti.
Can't believe I only spent 70something euros for this.
Soy Sos
digidandy, no, I'm not having any problems with "graininess" or anything like that. There are other plugs I reach for for certain jobs, but I'm finding all kinds of great uses for this plugin. I think the sound quality is great and the system of modulators is incredible. I love using combos of sequencing, LFOs and random for changing values.
Mr. Aloud
So now that this baby is out for some time, how does it compare to

- Ableton Live Effect Racks (with a bunch of 3rd party plugs you own anyway)
- NI Reaktor / Blocks
- A fireworx outboard unit
- similar things I don´ t own or know about smile

I´m looking at CPU resources needed, stability, sonic quality, user experience for complex setups, does the interface get cluttered etc.
Soy Sos
Mr. Aloud,
I'm pretty sure you can download and try the demo. Give it a shot and see for yourself.
Certain things like reverbs and delays, I'm usually gonna reach for Valhalla or Sound Toys.
Compression, I have my go to favorites with UAD, Klanghelm and a few others.

I'm clearly a fan of Unfiltered Audio though.
Mr. Aloud
Soy,

will definitely do that. Given that I get a discount price on BYOME, I almost bought blindly - but then said: wait a minute, can´t you do that with things you already own?

To be honest I´m not sure if I´m able to make more than an educated guess within the trial period, as it´s just a hobby (not full time and a demanding day job). That´s why I asked you guys, who obviously have more experience, pushed BYOME further and can do better comparisons. For example, I expect to find out whether I like the interface and simple workflows during demo, but I don´t expect to really know how "building a multi effect with some automation and CC control" compares to doing the same thing using reaktor/molekular or with ableton racks.

But yes, I´ll go for the demo this weekend as well. Still fishing for some recommendation from longtime and power users smile
Funky40
BYOME seems to have its biggest strenght in the enhanced modulation system,
which meant for me that my "patches on the fast" just to have a check were not that giving to me as could.
So i ended up usually just to use Spec´Ops which i´m a big fan of and which i know quite good, or lets say good enough to get quickly where my needs lie.
Otherwise have i missed several things within BYOME and have hoped for more initially. personally i bought it, but i have not used it again after some initial patchings.

if other FX will bring you there ?
again: Byomes strenght lies definitly "also" in its modulations capabilitys.
Does your other FX have that ? and would it be important for you to modulate ?
Mr. Aloud
Yep, I´m getting more into minimal territory, simple melodies with constant changes to the timbre, effects etc. I´m sure I could go for Reaktor, but I´m a bit intimidated by the learning curve. Stepping one level down from the "can do everything" to something that is more made for the purpose is what I´m after.

Currently thinking about
- BYOME, which I could get for 75 bucks via voucher
- HOFA systems that sells for twice that price
- get my lazy ass up and finally learn Reaktor
- or see where Ableton Effect Racks and a bit of M4l fu can get me.

Oh well, and all of this while I´m getting started with modulars grin.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 [all]
Page 6 of 6