MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Unfiltered Audio BYOME
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Unfiltered Audio BYOME
nangu
mckenic wrote:
where do I simply just buy it

Funky40
ok, how do i get this demo to download ?
their page has rendered my nerves system close to zero within the last minutes.
what a crappy shop system that is now .........

i downlaoded the download manager. no see no byome (demo).....
whats to do ?
KaOsphere
Wait for release ! Om
Funky40
edit: got it
mckenic
nangu wrote:
mckenic wrote:

lol thumbs up
Moon Indigo
mckenic wrote:
nangu wrote:
mckenic wrote:

lol thumbs up

The lizard, can we please have a price?
martinjuenke
Moon Indigo wrote:
mckenic wrote:
nangu wrote:
mckenic wrote:

lol thumbs up

The lizard, can we please have a price?

Somewhere between $29 and $299 I assume...
mt3
Quick initial thoughts:
    * damn great overall
    * I hate plugin managers as well, mostly due to horrible experiences with other plugin (aka bloatware, spyware, slow-your-CPU-down, etc) managers
    * running through the presets showed no wild CPU usage fluctuations. I need to explore this further though
    * I like the GUI update, but it's a little unfamiliar due to being used to Unfiltered's other plugins
    * great variety of presets. I'm a HUGE fan of the "Rob Papen infinite number of presets included" approach.
    * ran it mostly through drums, very effective on a variety of levels
    * haven't needed to even open the manual
    * some presets have "mangled" explicitly in the title. Make sure to try those.
    * overall reminds me as a more controlled (i.e., more musical than experimental) version of all their other plugins combined together. This is very important for multieffects plugins and something I was worried about when I heard it was coming. Worry not.

w00t
thumbs up

EDIT: Forgot quite a few other important things:
    * run a drumloop through the BANK - Drums to Chords preset in the Filters folder. Wow.
    * when trying out presets lock the Mix amount to somewhere in the 30-70% range by right-clicking the Mix knob. Same with the In Gain.
    * can't recall if I requested this, but there is now a variable parameter knob for Automatic Gain Control. Makes dialing in the Wet/Dry balance MUCH easier now (unsure if Trim in their other plugins did this).
Funky40
the SpecOps and Zip, IIRC, were 149.-$, with a initial price of 99$ IIRC for something like 30 days or so......at Plugin alliance.
we´ll see.
First sales then allready after 6 months or so IIRC.......
Moon Indigo
Funky40 wrote:
the SpecOps and Zip, IIRC, were 149.-$, with a initial price of 99$ IIRC for something like 30 days or so......at Plugin alliance.
we´ll see.
First sales then allready after 6 months or so IIRC.......

Surely they couldn’t charge $199 for this?
ignatius
it's an amazing processor. sounds delicious. essential plug in to have imo.

congrats to unfiltered audio on the release!
digidandy
Looks very, very promising. But weird pricing strategy, announcing a product with no price, available in "a few days".
Funky40
digidandy wrote:
Looks very, very promising. But weird pricing strategy, announcing a product with no price, available in "a few days".

thats in fact very clever from a business standpoint in my opinion.
also to shift the release to oktober vs. september since we will see lots of sales this month anyway. think: voucher codes.
also stepped my voucher code this month down for example. might be so also for others i could imagine.

i thought i wrote yesterday a post about my enthusiasm in regards to BYOME.
but nothing to see........(?)

in short: doing my own first patch trys had i gold going within very short time !
But: the "Zip" Compressor, another goody from Unfiltered audio was -as so often- heavily involved ! Zip is also not to underestimate
grillo
I a have demoed this briefly and it’s really good.
I have all the unfiltered stuff so the sound palette of the algos is roughly the same, even though byome has more types of fx.

The modulation system looks vastly improved though, and it opens up a lot more possibilities, it’s just so fun working with it that I wish all of my plugins had that.

I’ll get it for sure if it’s priced more or less in line with their other products, I might skip getting it if they announce free updates to their line of plugs with the new modulation system.

I would pay any amount of money if byome could host and integrate other vsts in it.
Soy Sos
Spent about an hour with BYOME creating and modifying presets.
I'm an Unfiltered fan back from the original Sandman release
and own everything so far. This covers pretty much anything I would
want to do and sounds great. I guess the only bummer is that I've
bought everything from Unfiltered already, but could cover all that
the existing plugs do with BYOME. I'm getting it for sure tho.
Glad to support such an innovative developer.
jonne74
This is an instant buy. Love it.
droningspaghettimonster
been giving the vst3 version a quick run in bitwig 2.4... holy f*** zombie
Moon Indigo
I agree with all the above. This is really fantastic.
digidandy
Funky40 wrote:
digidandy wrote:

thats in fact very clever from a business standpoint in my opinion.

I'd like to see proof how not announcing a price generates more sales! hmmm.....
KaOsphere
Finally tested the demo...

Tbh, getting it or not will highly depends on price,sales or discount for existing customers...

I already own all other unfiltered products and BYOME, feels more like all previous plugins combined in one interface.

I do not find the "fresh twist on something well known" UA was famous for...
There are more modulators, a granular processing, resonator bank, wavefolder yes, but almost everything doesn't seem really different from what I have with dent,fault,zip,sandman,spec ops, g8...

I gonna add to that that I do not find the new GUI to be really great...
It's aliased, colours are on the meh side ( black and dark grey are ok though ! ) they seem somewhat oversaturated, yes purple glitch shifter I'm looking at you...

GUI feels a bit like early 2000's flash vector style...Yeah it was the future back then !
When I saw that the window was scalable, I naturally expected have more modules on display, I was wrong, instead of a crowed standard sized window, I now got a crowded giant window.

Not sure if a vector window is really interesting without a zoom fonction and the ability to get rid of these unbearable scrollbars...

All text in this post is preceeded by : IMHO !
So, do not take it personnally, please, I'm not judging nor insulting your tastes or what this plugin has to be...
Since everyone seems to love BYOME I just feel it would be interesting to express a different opinion. This in not an absolute truth, this what I feel now...Maybe things will evolve... seriously, i just don't get it
Soy Sos
Spent some more time with the plug. I really like it and feel that it's
a wonderful sound design system. The new modifiers really open up
some seriously flexible options. I agree that an expandable stretched
view would be valuable as to keep and eye on everything going on at once.
starf
Like it a lot so far. Fed it FM'd DPO and E370 and mangled quite a bit with BYOME's parameters, lot of feedbacks and cross-modulations. Seems excellent for weird evolving space textures.
Curious about the price. hmmm.....
Entrainer
Price is up on the site, $179 intro, $249 standard... previous customers should check their email first.
KaOsphere
129$ for previous customers !

Dirk posted the code on the facebook page : BYOME-129-S8uz14a9

79$ with monthly voucher on top of that...

More than fair !

thumbs up
Entrainer
KaOsphere wrote:
129$ for previous customers !

Dirk posted the code on the facebook page : BYOME-129-S8uz14a9

79$ with monthly voucher on top of that...

More than fair !

thumbs up

It also looks like you can upgrade from previous versions of Unfiltered Audio plugins to BYOME if you log in to your PA account and "manage plugins". My upgrade price is $99, however, I own several Unfiltered Audio plugins.

This seems more than fair for the new modulation sources, reverb, and granular effects. Plus I never bought Zip, so it'll be interesting to play with dynamic effects in a modular environment.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 5 of 6