MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VCV Rack: Open-source virtual modular synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Author VCV Rack: Open-source virtual modular synthesizer
djthopa
gryfon1 wrote:
Guys — VCV rack 1.0 has been released! Get thee hence.

Thanks for this!

Major update!
The Grump
gryfon1 wrote:
Guys — VCV rack 1.0 has been released! Get thee hence.

Yes it has, and it's SSSSIIIICCCKKK!!!!!
Monotremata
Hahaha I love the busboard graphics in the new Rack!!

Well damn guess Im not getting anything done today. Time to break out the MPC and get to sampling some VCV!

Gonna go see if Floats still works but doubt it. Time to switch back to the Rampage heh.
GrantB
couple videos I found interesting

VCV never fails to get my fans spinning, so I'm looking forward to trying this out.

And then I recently found out about ORCA, which looks like another attractive rabbit hole I must avoid if I want to get my current projects done

You can use ORCA to sequence anything of course, but hey this is the VCV thread
The Space Disco
Wow! For that Orca! What’s that?
GrantB
The Space Disco wrote:

It's a visual realtime programming thingy for music. Works with VCV or just about anything it seems.

https://wiki.xxiivv.com/#orca
The Space Disco
GrantB wrote:
The Space Disco wrote:

It's a visual realtime programming thingy for music. Works with VCV or just about anything it seems.

Seems very kool! Love the tracker/matrix kinda interface... is it free?
GrantB
The Space Disco wrote:
GrantB wrote:
The Space Disco wrote:

Free or donation I think. I'm personally trying not to download it right now because I already spent a bunch of time setting up some generative sequencer patches in VCV to control other synths for a project I'm working on. The last thing I need is another generative software sequencer.

And really, VCV doesn't need it either. VCV is super strong at sequencing but the overall sound quality I've been able to get so far is just ok. I feel like I easily get better sounds with some Reaktor/Kontakt stuff or say Sculpture or hardware.
The Space Disco
GrantB wrote:
The Space Disco wrote:
GrantB wrote:
The Space Disco wrote:

Free or donation I think. I'm personally trying not to download it right now because I already spent a bunch of time setting up some generative sequencer patches in VCV to control other synths for a project I'm working on. The last thing I need is another generative software sequencer.

And really, VCV doesn't need it either. VCV is super strong at sequencing but the overall sound quality I've been able to get so far is just ok. I feel like I easily get better sounds with some Reaktor/Kontakt stuff or say Sculpture or hardware.

I so feel you on that, dude, I haven't been able to download 1.0 cause all my focus is on Bitwigs The Grid at the moment... and I'm a hardcore VCV fan... soon! there's just too much at the moment!
jdaddyaz
This update is amazing, especially the cv to midi tool. That'll save me so much money. Anyone know when he's releasing the supposed pay version that included all the vcv devices and vst implementation? I've been holding off on buying so.e of the modules until then.
Dilibob
So far cutting over to 1.0 is going fine. Still a bunch of plugins/modules i use that need to be updated to 1.x. Also the module(new mini rack of possible modules to use) pop up select page is real large, any way to resize it?
Vortico
jdaddyaz wrote:
This update is amazing, especially the cv to midi tool. That'll save me so much money. Anyone know when he's releasing the supposed pay version that included all the vcv devices and vst implementation? I've been holding off on buying so.e of the modules until then.

Rack 2.0 will be released around Dec 2019 and then the VST plugin version of Rack shortly after that. See https://vcvrack.com/manual/FAQ.html#is-vcv-rack-available-as-a-vst-au- aax-plugin-for-daws

Dilibob wrote:
So far cutting over to 1.0 is going fine. Still a bunch of plugins/modules i use that need to be updated to 1.x. Also the module(new mini rack of possible modules to use) pop up select page is real large, any way to resize it?

No, it is not possible (unless you resize the window). See https://vcvrack.com/manual/FAQ.html#i-have-a-feature-request, although I'm not sure why the Module Browser should be smaller.
jdaddyaz
Hey man. Really great job on the update. Loving all the additions so far, and the module select screen is a welcome addition. Makes it way easier for me to find what I'm looking for. Great job. applause
Monotremata
Yep this thing is even more awesome than it already was!!!

Every time I open it seems like more and more little plugin updates trickling in. Love that almost everything I have is good to go so far.
POLYPHONY!!!

Just curious, I haven't used it in awhile but I noticed in Logic yesterday that VCV Bridge was v1.0.0. Did this get updated with it or is that the older one? I remember you mentioning that it was getting left behind awhile ago, wasn't sure if I should still use it or not.
Vortico
Monotremata wrote:

Just curious, I haven't used it in awhile but I noticed in Logic yesterday that VCV Bridge was v1.0.0.

The "1.0.0" you see if probably just Logic's default for when a version isn't specified in the AU plugin. The Bridge plugin you have is from 0.6.
novim
GrantB wrote:
couple videos I found interesting

VCV never fails to get my fans spinning, so I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Thanks so much for this. I've been unable to use VCV at all on a 2013 Retina MBP, and was disappointed to find that it was at least as bad in 1.0. Fans whipping up before I'd even patched anything.

But I've had a little patch running for about 15 minutes, now, at 10 fps, and I've yet to go over 20% CPU.
GrantB
thumbs up nice!
sanderbaan
Now available Stellare Modular Creative Suite for VCV Rack:

Stellare Modular, known for the free official Turing machine port and Ableton Link modules has released a commercial package of 9 modules called the Creative Suite.

The modules were inspired by the ‘Steevio Method’ and brings all the modules you need to replicate this generative sequencing method. The package consists of 9 modules:
Andromeda - Gate / CV sequencer
Azular - Gate sequencer
Nomlia - CV sequencer
Delta - Shuffle generator
Pelisia - Matrix Mixer
Qusia - Dual Trigger Delay
Sigma - Precission Adder
AL14 - 4 Outputs 1 Input Sequential Switch
AL41 - 4 Inputs 1 Output Sequential Switch

The Creative Suite is now available in the VCV Rack Store for 25 US dollars and only works with Rack V1.0.

Link to store:
https://vcvrack.com/plugins.html#Creative%20Suite

Video links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSvWeBZzYEA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypPO9pN4K9U
Spyart
Spyart
scozbor
I don't like to be 'that guy' but could you please make your own thread for tutorials Spyart?

I appreciate your content and effort but it seems possible that you could make HUNDREDS of these videos.

If I'm over reacting here and everyone else is cool with it - my apologies!
UltraViolet
scozbor wrote:
I don't like to be 'that guy' but could you please make your own thread for tutorials Spyart?

I appreciate your content and effort but it seems possible that you could make HUNDREDS of these videos.

Maybe its a good time to start a VCV Rack company forum. Then there could be multiple threads all in one place.
Monotremata
scozbor wrote:

I dig the videos but every time I see this thread bumped I get all excited that something new has been announced. Then I see the 'Last Post by Spyart' and I know its just a video so I get all bummed out haha.
The Space Disco
testing 1.1

i like it!

psy_
hello, i'm new to modular and start using vcv rack, i want to ask if there is any ready patch that simulates real full modular systems like the make noise cartesian,Black and Gold System,endorphines shuttle system ? so you can try them before spend the cash on real hardware , thank you
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Page 27 of 29